I'm Goin' Shopping!!!!

Author Topic: I'm Goin' Shopping!!!!  (Read 1180 times)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
I'm Goin' Shopping!!!!
« on: September 03, 2008 - 08:00:35 AM »
Last year my wife went to South Carolina by herself to visit her folks on Thanksgiving weekend - how nice a son-in-law I am.

So while I sat at home by myself on a four-day weekend, she was fighting through airports with the typical nonsense we expect from airports.  In the end, she ended up with TWO free tickets on US Airways to anywhere in the country, good for one year.

So this weekend, we're leaving from Harrisburg International Airport and going to Minneapolis St. Paul, Minnesota, to visit the Mall of America.  Yes, it was actually my idea - she used to go there with her mom, and has even been there once or twice since we met.  But they could fly for free (her mom worked for Delta until just a few years ago) and I could never tag along.  So when we started discussing where to use these tickets for, the MOA popped to mind.

We'll be there from Saturday until early Tuesday morning.  We have a nice hotel reserved with a pool and hot tub, and is nearly walking distance from the mall.  I've set aside over $1,000 for the trip, so I expect to be returning with some goodies!

If anyone is a post-card collector, lemme know.  :)

Just wish me luck that US Airways is still in business by this weekend!

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: I'm Goin' Shopping!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008 - 09:59:37 AM »
Wow, sounds awesome! 

BTW, I'm an hour from the mall.   :wave:  Its really sad that I'm so close, but I've probably only been there 5 times max?  Sad, I know.  Stuff is spendy there, be prepared to open the wallet.   :money:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008 - 03:46:52 PM »
Hey Jeff,
So are you gonna buy a bunch of sissy clothes or are there any "GUY" stores that sell cool stuff like car stuff, tool stuff, fishing stuff, camping stuff, golf stuff, guns and ammo stuff, motorcycle stuff, electronic stuff???? HUH, HUH???? Or are you gonna come back with a bunch of weird ties, shoes, socks & boxer shorts??? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008 - 04:28:13 PM »
Do you have some comfortable shoes?  You will need them. There is a ton of good places to eat there also. Try the Rain Forest for one. It's awsome. If you like under water you can go visit the sharks also.  Have a great time with the wife.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008 - 01:30:19 PM »
Well, I'm not much of a clothes guy, and y'all won't believe this, but neither is the wife.  We'll probably go to the Custom College World shop and get me some PennState stuff, and maybe swing in for a t-shirt or something - maybe.  But we're both gimicky people, and I LOVE toys...

So I'll be hitting up "Model Cars & More," "The Toy Tractor" store, which also sells model cars and such, but my most fun stop will be at www.RideMakerz.com - of which there's a store in the mall.

Think "Build-A-Bear" but with CARS!!!!  I found the store and site yesterday and was so excited I couldn't sit.  I'll be building me a custom Viper.

Yeah actually I need new shoes, but I can probably grab a pair while I'm there.

And I'll definitely be hitting up some food shops.  I love trying new places.

Jeff

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008 - 07:38:07 PM »
try out the na$car simulator on the top floor its pretty fun.
Take the light rail to nicolet mall downtown its worth the ride and lots of great stuff.
Britts Pub has a movie on the roof & great food also PF Changs is a great steak house.

Have fun

OOOOO and lego world is cool...     :2cents:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008 - 07:38:24 PM »
What? No sexy clothes?
 :cooldancing:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:39:53 PM »
Sounds awesome Jeff. Y'all have a great time. Pick up something pink for MEK!!!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline LoneStar Mopar

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008 - 11:07:42 AM »
Sounds like it should be a blast. I wish I could see that "Model cars and more store". The local mall by my house has one of those "Ride Makerz" stores. Neat idea. I will propably actually buy something from them when my son is old enough to build a car there.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008 - 03:20:19 PM »
Any chance Summit Racing, or Jegs has a store at the mall?   :dunno:

I was lucky enough to visit Summit Racing in Ohio a few years back....   :wow:    :droolingbounce:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008 - 09:58:48 PM »
Any chance Summit Racing, or Jegs has a store at the mall?   :dunno:

I was lucky enough to visit Summit Racing in Ohio a few years back....   :wow:    :droolingbounce:

Mike

that would be tooo much like right.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008 - 11:36:29 PM »
Sounds awesome Jeff. Y'all have a great time. Pick up something pink for MEK!!!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Matt B.
:poopoke:  :roflsmiley:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008 - 04:59:49 PM »
Hey guys.

Back home safe, sound, and poor.

Nah not really - we spent about $5 more than I budgeted, so we're good.  I didn't really get all that much - a pair of shoes, my wife and I agreed on some board games, I got a new video game - mostly checked out all the restaurants that I've never seen anywhere else, road some rides, played some mini-golf, and in general just enjoyed a vacation together.

Ridemakerz went out of business about 2 weeks ago - the MOA website was never updated, nor were the maps, directories, or even the signs scattered around the mall that advertised the store.  So imagine my surprise and dissatisfaction when I rounded the corner and ended up staring at a temporary wall...  I sent a nasty-gram to the company, but I also found out that they have a store in Maryland that's just over an hour from me.  The wife is insisting we go down there in another two weeks so that I can still get the one thing I truly wanted!

No Jegs or anything at this mall - it's mostly for women and kids, I swear - TONS of women's clothing stores, 20 shoe stores (yes, two-zero) and of course the Nickelodeon theme park.  The underground aquarium was a giant waste of $30 bucks (thank God for coupons - it could have been more!) and even the LEGO park was pretty depressing.  $15 for 7 engraved blocks...  I wonder how these people sleep at night.

But irregardless we had fun.  Up next is our Anniversary about 3 weeks from now.  More on that later.

Sorry, MEK - didn't get anything pink.  My wife got new tennis shoes with pink trim - I guess you can always try 'em on at Carlisle next year.  I'm sure they'd look great on ya.  :)

:poopoke:

Jeff