Author Topic: Sarah Palin...Wow!  (Read 14630 times)

Offline leithal

Re: Sarah Palin...Wow!
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008 - 08:00:59 PM »
asm74, the last I checked we live in a representive republic in which local governments are held at higher level of responsibility for their citizens than the federal government.  Its a bottom up not top down type of government.  The mayor and governor, both democrats, should be held to a higher level of responsibilty than the president for allowing those people to be left in that nightmare.  If some crap like that happened in my home town I'd be beating on the mayor's door.  What the hell is his JOB?

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008 - 08:19:43 PM »
Here's one of two places where I get my factual information: http://www.factcheck.org - no affiliation with any news organization or political organization.  If someone's lying, they'll note it with factual citations.  Here's what they said about last night's speeches: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/gop_convention_spin_part_ii.html

The other great place, of course, is Snopes.com, but they aren't typically as quick about checking speeches and the like, mostly e-mail stories.  I received one today about Sarah Palin, but I haven't had a chance to do any research on any of the claims, so I won't post it.  Suffice it to say that it makes a pretty strong argument that she's not particularly well-qualified.

I'm leaning Obama, but would be OK with McCain - I would have seriously considered him in 2000 if he had been nominated instead of Bush to run against Al Gore.  I even voted for him in the CA primary, even though my vote didn't count because I'm not a registered Republican.  The experience thing bothers me about Obama, but something I heard on the radio this morning about McCain bothers me more.  He said that he's prone to making rash decisions quickly, but then sticks with the decision that he made.  While I respect someone who takes responsibility with for his mistakes, I don't think someone who self-describes as being prone to making rash decisions is who I want as President.  :2cents:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline leithal

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008 - 08:24:41 PM »
Good points...I wish Obama had some decisions we could critique.

Offline lumpy

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008 - 08:30:52 PM »
All the fact checking considered, this country is still split 50/50 on the major issues that divide the two parties. Take out all the politics, and it is the issues that will decide the winner, but it sure is fun to watch them attack each other!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 - 08:36:52 PM by lumpy »

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008 - 08:43:08 PM »
I hope I don't get in trouble for this. :roflsmiley:

Offline lumpy

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:14:26 PM »
 :clueless:

Offline leithal

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:16:02 PM »
I was fairly certain two commercial airplanes flew into the towers.

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:26:56 PM »
Most americans have been lied to in regards to that. It was not Bush in the strict sense of the word (being him literaly) but it was for fact the US covert operations team.

If they had not done what they had done, there would be no war in iraq. Due to the war in iraq the pope has reason to go there and call for peace umongst people (when they say peace and safety sudden destruction commeth upon them) - Christs Words.

Many things people are ignorant of which have been revealed. :2cents:
this is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Did you forget that 9-11 happened just 9 months after Bush took office?  Do you seriously think that none of the planning and training the terrorists went through happened during Clinton's presidency?  I believe that we should be working harder to get our troops home, but it is thinking and talk like this that is just plain ignorant.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 - 09:41:37 PM by 73Chally »

Offline leithal

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:34:48 PM »
Gman,  I am a Christian and I think I kinda know where you are coming from with your thoughts on 911.  However, I don't think that 911, the Iraq war, and the Pope's response to it fit the bill. 

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:50:49 PM »
hey ohio....who's that knockin on your door?       :bigsmile:  :stirpot:

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:03:36 PM »
Gman - I was there that day.  Were you?  You need to shut the hell up.  Moderators - You can ban me for a personal attack if you want, but this is just plain Bullsh*t.

nivvy

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:08:07 PM »
this is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

:smilielol:

I agree with you and MOST do that it all started during the Clinton Era.....

nivvy

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:22:57 PM »
I still wouldnt kick Sarah Palin out of bed............   :2cents:

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:25:59 PM »
I still wouldnt kick Sarah Palin out of bed............   :2cents:
Okay, back on topic.  :iagree:

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:27:03 PM »
To the Viper guy, I just returned from one of many tours in the past 5 years as a US Navy Seabee. My brother is about halfway through his 15 months as an Army Engineer (Huahh!). I have a cousin who is about finished with his tour as a Blackhawk Crew Chief and two cousins will be home in October with the Oklahoma National Guard.

My bro was just hit with an IED, my cousin has flown with the danger of Stingers, RPG's and dust storms. The cousins with the Okla. Nat G have been guarding terrorist prisoners who plot death upon all the guards constantly.

I am due to transfer from a deployable unit back to Naval Special Warfare where I started back in 02 when I joined. I had a chance to take a "safe" job back here in the States but chose to transfer to a unit that can get me deployed again ASAP.

I know anyone one of my family members as well as Don (who is MY Brother, all of them are) would continue to lean back into danger and put themselves BACK into harms way in an instant if they were called upon to do so with good reason. We don't want to quit, although we always want to come home, we will never opt to surrender and leave a job unfinnished.
We have this thing, whether we were born with patriotism or it was simply beaten into us at boot camp, it is called pride, honor, courage and commitment.

I believe this war in Iraq was mishandled very badly by Donald Rumsfield and I blame Bush for sticking with him for so long but why leave something if it is broken? Have you ever heard, "If you break it, fix it?". It broke, WE have to fix it.

I don't type this all out because I like beating on the ole' War Drum. I don't like to see dead bodies, I don't like the fact that I have missed over half of my 3 year old girls life, I don't like the fact that my Mom has her only two sons in war or my Grandma has 5 grandbabies in. But I will tell you that I will do anything in the world for my BROTHERS and my country. It is the soldier most of all who wants to see an end to war, for it is he who has to endure its bloodshed. I want it over too but I want it done correctly most of all.

So, in closing, Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform!

Non Sibi Sed Patriae.