Author Topic: Sarah Palin...Wow!  (Read 14641 times)

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
Re: Sarah Palin...Wow!
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:30:54 PM »
I just got online while watching the RNC, and I have to say, this is why I love America.   :wavingflag:

Everyone sharing their opinions, it is awesome. Ok, enough nice guy....

Since I was a teenager, I have always thought that politicians are lying cheating scumbags, and now that I am almost 40, I still feel the same. They do what is in the best interest of getting re-elected and adding to their legacy. Obviously they are not all this way, but it sure seems a high percentage are.

The Republicans are supposed to be the small government low taxing party, and they have seemed to lose their way in the last 8 years. Bush has not done enough with his veto pen to stop the spending. The Republican controlled house and senate (prior to 2006), did a terrible job of spending and Bush let it happen. Earmarks piss me off in a major way.

My parents never really talked about politics much, but somehow I became a Republican because of the issues. Now that I make a decent living, I want to keep as much of it for my family as possible. I worked too hard to get 3 advanced degrees and put in too many hours to let the government take more of my pie. That is my biggest issue! Yes there are more, but I don't want to fund the lazy people who think they can do nothing and get paid for it.

I am no expert, but I gotta believe the explosions in the Trade Center buildings were the fuel. I guess I need no watch Micheal Moore's 911 movie to get the facts. YEA RITE!!

It seems to me that McCain and Palin will get us back to the Reagan years of small government and accountability for the people in Washington. I know, wishful thinking.

And really.... do you want to vote for Barach Hussein Obama and his wife who are two lawyers? Or a decorated war veteran with a hot wife who owns a beer company? Duh!!!??

Icing on the cake.....Hot NRA moose killing MILF!!

:roflsmiley:
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

nivvy

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:39:42 PM »
gman it says will be "DEBATED" in there..... we could all post up somebodys website with bs on it..... I guess farenhet 911 and JFK are real also :2cents:

Since we are being hypothetical.... lets say obama does win and some crazy redneck tries blowing his head off the big cities will all be burning... remember the LA city riots.... take that times 50    :2cents:

Sarah Palin is still hot....... 

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:50:29 PM »
Out of all the recent replies I like what go-fish had to say. He has a much more personal stake in the war than almost all of us and still is up for the task. How can I turn my back on a brother who is willing to shed his blood for me and my family? I will not EVER turn my back on supporting our troops. God Bless Our Country, God Bless Our Troops!!!!!!!    :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag: Now I will Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

nivvy

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2008 - 10:54:22 PM »
Out of all the recent replies I like what go-fish had to say. He has a much more personal stake in the war than almost all of us and still is up for the task. How can I turn my back on a brother who is willing to shed his blood for me and my family? I will not EVER turn my back on supporting our troops. God Bless Our Country, God Bless Our Troops!!!!!!!    :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag: Now I will Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.

:cooldancing:

:wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:

:wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:02:38 PM »
As far as New Orleans goes I may not have been there during the storm but I was there recently and decided to take the time to talk to locals and get their take on what happened. Funny I got basically two responses; the first was those who cried poor me and expected everything handed to them on a silver platter and blame the federal government for not doing anything for them and the second perspective (which was from the majority of people I talked to) was that the government acted very timely and worked very hard to help people but was met by a lot of resistance by locals (the national gaurd had to be called in not to help rebuild but to restore order because the locals were out of control shooting everyone in sight, raping women and stealing among other crimes). I was also informed that the Mississippi coast was hit harder by the storm and guess what 18 months after Katrina made a full recovery. Why was Mississippi able to recover so quickly from the storm and New Orleans will never recover you ask, it's simple the locals in New Orleans expected the world handed to them and when the government offered them a helping hand instead (which is what they should do) they cry poor me. Sorry but after my trip I have no sympathy for New Orleans.

How true this is 72Hemi. I live right next door to N.O. in Bay St. Louis, MS. At the time of Katrina I was living in Pass Christian. The eye went right over the Bay of St. Louis which seperates these two towns.
There was no place harder hit by the storm. Did you hear alot about that? No.
The camera loves drama and New Orleanians are damn good at that. Mississippians and Louisianans all got a credit card with some amount of money (it was substantial) if they went to a Red Cross anywhere in the Nation. Folks got there hotels paid for for a looong time. FEMA gave out alot of money. There were people who got more money from FEMA than thier entire yearly income.

I give the Federal Government and the Bush administration an A++ on that one. And they don't get alot of A's from me.

Did you see the people in Mississippi carrying TV's out of stores and Gulfport or Biloxi, MS cops looting in front of cameras?
Well, you didn't see alot of Mississippi news coverage because what is interesting about footage of neighbor helping neighbor when you got Kanye West saying extremely stupid things like it was all Bush and the CIA's secret weather machines doings.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:15:11 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with the governments of both States. You saw the finger pointing done in N.O. by the Mayor and governor who failed to get the people out of there. The blood is all over their hands.
They should both be in Jail for criminal neglect.

The one glaring fact totally lost in the collapse of the WTC is they were 1960's technology. The technology of that day could no way predict the effects of what happened on 9/11, despite what any Wacko conspirisy nutbag moron tells you. They were NOT indestuctible. What computer modeling software was it that they used while designing them? The same that was used when they designed the Titanic, because they didn't have computers then. DUH? Has anybody looked at the effects of time on some of the steel from that era? You probably have some sitting in your garage. Let's just say methods and quality control have improved a little bit since then.

Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:15:32 PM »
One thing I forgot is a great quote by Charles Barkley (how many are there really?). "The poor have always voted for Democrats. And they are still poor."

And Sarah Palin is still hot!! :roflsmiley:
392 Edition on order

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:22:35 PM »
I'm just real glad that people from other countries don't get to vote in our elections. I think the only stations they can get on TV are NBC and Al Jeezera.  :screwy:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:23:39 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with the governments of both States. You saw the finger pointing done in N.O. by the Mayor and governor who failed to get the people out of there. The blood is all over their hands.
They should both be in Jail for criminal neglect.

The one glaring fact totally lost in the collapse of the WTC is they were 1960's technology. The technology of that day could no way predict the effects of what happened on 9/11, despite what any Wacko conspirisy nutbag moron tells you. They were NOT indestuctible. What computer modeling software was it that they used while designing them? The same that was used when they designed the Titanic, because they didn't have computers then. DUH? Has anybody looked at the effects of time on some of the steel from that era? You probably have some sitting in your garage. Let's just say methods and quality control have improved a little bit since then.

I am pretty sure the buildings were specifically built to withstand having a 727 or 737 fly into them as it (one or the other) was the biggest plane in operation at the time they were designed (circa 1968 or so)
*Brett*

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:40:59 PM »
I'm just real glad that people from other countries don't get to vote in our elections. I think the only stations they can get on TV are NBC and Al Jeezera.  :screwy:

Hell yea.   :wavingflag:
392 Edition on order

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:45:18 PM »
I am pretty sure the buildings were specifically built to withstand having a 727 or 737 fly into them as it (one or the other) was the biggest plane in operation at the time they were designed (circa 1968 or so)

So what finite structual analysis modeling was used by the designer?? 

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2008 - 11:48:27 PM »
So what finite structual analysis modeling was used by the designer?? 

I guess you would have to ask the design team there bud. I dont have the blueprints or structural integrity studies on me right now......................
*Brett*

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2008 - 12:02:30 AM »
How many of these secret operative airline ninjas did the Evil Empire employ to carry out the task of killing fellow Americans?

You would be hard pressed to find one or more SOF or spooks who would actually carry out the mission or not snipe his team members in the back of the head before they followed through.

People who serve in our DoD, various Agencies, and Other than Military Units are more patriotic and willing to die for America than anyone out there. Until you actually know people in these fields you shouldn't be expected to know that for concrete fact but it is true. We don't get paid huge sums of money, one usually serves the Nation out of a sense of duty rather than money. The spook types are vedry smart usually and can garnish bigger wages in corporate America. Enlisted military can also usually find a higher paying job outside of the military too.

It is borderline offensive to me that someone would think that there are that many people in service to our country that would carry out such a task, for what?

Offline lumpy

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2008 - 12:04:14 AM »
You guys are waaaayyy off topic. BTW she's not that hot!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 - 12:06:27 AM by lumpy »

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2008 - 12:07:01 AM »
Interesting when one reads people from foreign countries spouting off about American politics, as if their whiney-arse opinions have any relevance whatsoever.  If you believe you have need to have an influence on our elections, then immigrate here, jump through the hoops and become a US citizen, then you can vote and participate in our elections.  Otherwise your opinion in our candidates are not any more important than our opinions of yours. :2cents:
I am sorry to admit I am a citizen of Illinois, I am ashamed to admit that I am a resident of Cook County (Chicago and its surrounding suburbs).  The sleaze and corruption that infect so much of Illinois and just about every aspect of Cook County government is so thick around here that I feel dirty and sick living in such close proximity to it.  It's like living in a sewer, seriously, that smell is everywhere and just won't go away. Dictator Richard Daley runs the city with an iron fist, takes care of his friends, steers contracts worth millions of taxpayer dollars to his mob connected friends, screws his enemies, bulldozes an airport in the middle of the night after he can't get the legislator to agree to close it. Currupt longtime Politicians put their innept children in their positions when they retire or take ill, we end up with Todd Stroger giving his relatives six figure jobs while raising our sales tax to 10% after his dad left him his job as Cook County board president. Innept governor Blojovich who jets around the state giving publicity stunt news conferences giving away money while creating the most messed up state budget in the US.  It just goes on and on.  Local politicians and their flunkies get thrown in jail in a regular basis around here, but they are like cockroaches, you nail one and 3 more appear to take their place.
I'd like to move somewhere where honesty, integrity, and freedom are the rule, not the exception. But I was born here, my folks live 7 miles away from me here, my sister and her family are 2 miles away, my job is here, my house and cars here.  10,000 pieces of my T/A spread around the house.  Moving would be difficult if not impossible, so I am stuck living in an area I am disgusted with.
The reason I mention this is that Obama is from here, and it seems to be lost on most people that he is part of this sleaze and stink that is the Cook County and Illinois political machine.  The fawning news media has brainwashed everyone into thinking the guy is some sort of second coming and walks on water or something, but in truth he has many ties to this criminal system here.  It is sad to see how brainwashed millions seem to be. 
Obama is a politician backed by the Daley political machine and has never once challenged the political corruption in Chicago and Illinois.  NOT ONCE NOT EVER! His silence is DEAFENING!!!!
So why was Sarah Palin selected to be the Republican choice for vice president?  To attract the "Hillary" crowd? To appeal to men because she is attractive (not a "MILF", a "GILF" maybe to become a "VP-ILF"  :rofl:)???
I think there is a lot more to it than that.  Palin went after the political bosses in Alaska on the corruption issue, politicians in her own Republican party!  Obama has long record of convieniently looking the other way (or playing the game directly, Google "Rezko").  I think you are going to be hearing alot about sleazy corrupt Illinois politics in the coming months and many who were leaning toward Obama will soon be ashamed of themselves for ever thinking that way once this corrupt political scene around here that he is a part of is exposed to the people of America. :2cents: