...do you have/carry a business card

Author Topic: ...do you have/carry a business card  (Read 2509 times)

Offline DAYTONA

...do you have/carry a business card
« on: September 06, 2008 - 08:12:03 AM »
...although I have been in different businesses for almost 40 years, I have rarely ever had a business card.....seems like everywhere I go these days, everyone has "a card" and asks for one from me....do any of you guys/girls carry a business card...I am finally in the process of getting one made and have a picture(car, not me) chosen, although I'm not sure what I'll do with them since I never carry a wallet :roflsmiley:...

......................I'm still learning to carry a cell phone :roflsmiley:

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: ...do you have/carry a business card
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008 - 08:34:29 AM »
In the beginning when I started my business, I gave my "card" out to everyone who asked.  Now I never have them and don't want to give them out. :roflsmiley:

My first Card was from Staples, you know, the 8.99/1000 ones.LOL

Tom

Business has been good without them.
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008 - 08:35:38 AM »
Although this is up right my alley, I have not carried business cards in 20+ years of business! All of our clients are met through referrals from our existing client base.
There is a few reason we do it this way!

#1- We could sell eg: 10million a year, but if we can't collect 9.9 of it, we're in trouble! We find (been there ,done it, we still get cold calls) there is usually a reason they are leaving there existing supplier and are hot to trot to come to us! Sometimes service etc, but monetary issues seem to be up at or near the top! A bad sign when they will not give up the current suppliers as a ref! Alot play the 90/120 game with various suppliers! Our suppliers are payed within terms and agreements!

#2- referral clients have tendancy to pay their bills and pay them on time!

#3- it keeps the relationship very personal!

#4- it also allows us to insure the client is gets looked after!

:2thumbs:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008 - 08:43:51 AM »
My work used to make me carry a box of them and pass mine out to my contacts on all my jobs.  6 people in my company have my same job. But they always seemed to call me back instead of the other people. I quit passing them out and threw them away. If I am in Maine, I get called over to California, then to Florida, then to Montana. Like Tomorrow will be Dallas, then to N. Dakota, then back to Kansas. I get tired of covering he whole USA and other workers are working in my home state close to my house. My Job keeps me away from my home state thinking I wont just quit and start working in near by plants myself.

When I had my own auto shop (A&K automotive) I passed them out in the begining, but word of mouth caused the bisness to grow large. enough to not worry about the advertising. Now I remain silent in the back ground anyway possible. I have closed my auto shop. And tell the plants to call other supervisors in my job now... But they don't.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:08:49 AM »
Hey,  :thinkerg: Alan why don’t you start carrying your work mates cards and leave them behind maybe they will start calling them.

Also if your near Kansas City on your Kansas trip I would love to have you over.  :cooldancing:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:38:37 AM »
Speaking of biz cards - what do you guys think of these?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008 - 10:42:21 AM by ChallengerGary »
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:39:34 AM »
Hi Gary,

i can now see everything their buddy. :dunno:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008 - 10:43:52 AM by hemiken »
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:42:41 AM »
Better?
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:44:20 AM »
Hi Gary,

i can now see everything their buddy. :dunno:
Worked now Gary :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:47:21 AM »
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline back n black

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008 - 11:12:05 AM »
I own and operate a network consulting firm as well as a small Internet firm.  I have personal business cards that I give to our consulting customers so that they always have my contact information on hand. 

A couple of months ago, one of the part timers who works for the ISP, noticed we ran out of cards for the ISP at the front counter.  All he could find were some of mine so he put those out.  I didn't find out until I started getting calls in the middle of the night from old ladies needing email help.  The old lady said "I called the office and they closed at six, so I thought I would call your number to see if you could help.  I know it's Sunday, and it's fathers day, but this email is really important and I just couldn't wait until the morning. " :banghead: :banghead:

I made sure the cards were pulled immediately!

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008 - 04:34:46 PM »
I have cards for the photography business. They get left with galleries when I have pieces in a show, so that if a customer likes an 11x14 but wants to know if the same shot is available in 18x24, he or she can take a card and call or e-mail me. Since I do the design work, layout and pre-press myself, I can get them printed pretty cheaply.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008 - 07:16:39 PM »
We offer personal business cards to all of our office staffers, full-time drivers and some of our part-time drivers (the other part-time drivers get generic cards.)  I have a box of 500 that was printed in 2000 and I've handed out less than 100 in that time - mostly to job applicants and the occasional customer when I drive a run and they need my cell number.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008 - 07:36:17 PM »

Here are some cards I had made for my Registry. The red line is just an outline. Hard plastic, the same stuff as a credit cards, never liked the cheap cardboard stuff plus they're cool and being the plastic stuff makes people hold on to them just out of the cool factor.

:ylsuper:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008 - 04:09:54 AM »
luv the plastic cards! we're to cheap to do it like that over here!

This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.