Author Topic: Classic Mopar International  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Marty73

• '73 Challenger
Classic Mopar International
« on: September 06, 2008 - 05:17:29 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem classic Mopar is more popular overseas than in the US? I've been watching the posts and we have a heck of a lot of people from outside the continental US   - It's a great thing - back when I had my 70 Mach I didn't see the same international interst. When I was shopping for my current project I found a Challenger R/T that wouldn't even jack up off the ground (as in, the body basically sagged in the middle). The dealer boxed it and sent it to Finland (might have been BS..but he said it!)
as with my last post - a few frosty beverages today and it's got me chatty.....
Comin' at ya like a herd of turtles

Offline plumcrazy704406

Re: Classic Mopar International
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008 - 05:41:31 PM »
I said the same in another thread!  :poopoke:

They keep raiding our glorious past! :stirpot:

Tells ya, we must of done something right!  :woohoo:

Don't be upset or down on it. :banghead:

I just look at it as our cars have gone travelling the world! :bigsmile:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008 - 06:42:10 PM »

I don't think it's more popular. No disrespect to those within the USA but I feel overseas owners have a different kind of passion. Most of us did a hell of a lot to get the cars we wanted and now own. It's not like we can spot several dream cars in the local AutoTrader, make a call to view and buy within a week. Takes time, money and stress plus we have no choice but to rely on several others. We all love these cars equally, there is no doubt but overseas members have perhaps a little more emotion to the car due to the persistence and adventure in obtaining the vehicle.

I created and run the www.nzmoparregistry.com for this purpose. To see how many MoPars we have in our country, now those in the US can now see some kind of rough total of what disappeared from your shores, well, to NZ anyhow. The Registry is new so there are still thousands of MoPars to be accounted for but I do have records and close estimations on the major vehicles ('Cudas, Challengers, Chargers etc). Anyhow, I think you guys must feel some pride knowing people outside of your country follow and admire these great machines.

:2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008 - 06:56:25 PM »
I enjoy knowing other countries are interested in our muscle cars. I wish there was a way to supply parts for everyone at a cheaper cost. I have heard all the horror stories and nightmares I care to hear about shipping and rip offs. If someone over seas took a special interest in my special car, I would sell it to them and go find another. Atleast I know they would get a rare solid car.  And I could just go find another one to tinker with. The guys over seas depend on honest people , shipping, and true accurate descriptions.

Lets see some more flags :wavingflag: :canada: :nzflag: :bananasmi

Offline Marty73

• '73 Challenger
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008 - 09:28:00 PM »
Yep  - I think it's very cool that they are popular overseas. Makes me feel like I got something special:)
Comin' at ya like a herd of turtles

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:06:46 PM »
I've been dealing with International buyers of cars/parts for the last 5-7 years now. I've become friends with several of them, have sold cars to guys in Germany, England and Holland. Know some people "down under" too. Babysat a cuda for a guy from Perth who bought it in this country for about a year till he could come over and take it home. I've been the middle man for my friend in Germany on parts/collectables and even a few cars. I'll take delivery of stuff for him, wait till i get a nice size box, then put it all together in one box and ship it to him. Also have acted as a middle man for him, picked up a car, and took it to the port of Newark for shipping to Germany. I find these guys have a passion for these cars, like Carl has said, they go thru a lot more trouble to own these cars than we can appreciate. Just the duties they pay can make you shake your head. My friend in Germany will call me in the evening (my time, which is 3-4 AM in the morning for him) just to BS mopars. Now thats dedication to the hobby!

I'd like to think i have quite a liking for these old Mopars too Carl, I've been into these cars befotre it was "cool" to be a mopar guy.

Now today with the favorable $$ exchange rates, it's even easier for overseas people, (and our canadian friends too) to pick up the Mopar of their dreams.

Too all the Mopar fans the world over....

:cheers:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008 - 10:13:03 PM by hemi71 »

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:14:23 PM »
As was mentioned before for someone to get one of these cars overseas takes a huge desire to own one. I have a lot of respect for that!! :2thumbs: :wavingflag:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline ArcticCuda

• Pepe
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008 - 01:28:44 PM »
Hi, I can confirm that all rusty E-bodies are coming to Finland...No change to buy your high dollar Hemi or Six Pack cars.

We have totally + 300 E-bodies here in our small country. Here you can find 48 of them.

http://www.e-body.blogspot.com

I host these pages, my car is number 3.

Rgds Pepe / Finland

http://www.pprcuda.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 - 01:31:37 PM by ArcticCuda »
Current Vehicles:
Plymouth PPR Cuda 1970 489 cid
Plymouth GTX 1970 RS23V0E

Sorry my bad english...I'm just an european...

Offline ArcticCuda

• Pepe
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008 - 01:42:09 PM »
I've been dealing with International buyers of cars/parts for the last 5-7 years now. I've become friends with several of them, have sold cars to guys in Germany, England and Holland. Know some people "down under" too. Babysat a cuda for a guy from Perth who bought it in this country for about a year till he could come over and take it home. I've been the middle man for my friend in Germany on parts/collectables and even a few cars. I'll take delivery of stuff for him, wait till i get a nice size box, then put it all together in one box and ship it to him. Also have acted as a middle man for him, picked up a car, and took it to the port of Newark for shipping to Germany. I find these guys have a passion for these cars, like Carl has said, they go thru a lot more trouble to own these cars than we can appreciate. Just the duties they pay can make you shake your head. My friend in Germany will call me in the evening (my time, which is 3-4 AM in the morning for him) just to BS mopars. Now thats dedication to the hobby!

I'd like to think i have quite a liking for these old Mopars too Carl, I've been into these cars befotre it was "cool" to be a mopar guy.

Now today with the favorable $$ exchange rates, it's even easier for overseas people, (and our canadian friends too) to pick up the Mopar of their dreams.

Too all the Mopar fans the world over....

:cheers:

I appreciate your words and what you are doing. I must say that getting parts and cars to Europe is not always that easy. Lost packages, rusty cars, broken promises...Ok, nowadays Internet , e-mail and mobile phones makes our life little bit easier.
Current Vehicles:
Plymouth PPR Cuda 1970 489 cid
Plymouth GTX 1970 RS23V0E

Sorry my bad english...I'm just an european...

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008 - 02:51:33 PM »
Hi, I can confirm that all rusty E-bodies are coming to Finland...No change to buy your high dollar Hemi or Six Pack cars.

We have totally + 300 E-bodies here in our small country. Here you can find 48 of them.

http://www.e-body.blogspot.com

I host these pages, my car is number 3.

Rgds Pepe / Finland

http://www.pprcuda.blogspot.com

here's a car looking for a home! Should fit in over there! Not an e-body,  but a looker at any rate!

http://www.collect.com/newsarticle.aspx?id=6511

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.