Author Topic: Did You ever wanna.......  (Read 1320 times)

nivvy

Did You ever wanna.......
« on: September 06, 2008 - 09:50:39 PM »
cave someones face in at work..... pre-tendgineers  can be a joke..... they talk down to you like your stupid or something...... I was about 2 seconds from smashing the guys face in......

rather than doing that i ruined his day back.........  :horse:

Offline DAYTONA

Re: Did You ever wanna.......
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008 - 09:56:24 PM »
...most of my employees are old ladies, I'm afraid they would kick my azz :roflsmiley:

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:33:19 PM »
HMMMM :roflsmiley:
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008 - 10:38:14 PM »
cave someones face in at work..... pre-tendgineers  can be a joke..... they talk down to you like your stupid or something...... I was about 2 seconds from smashing the guys face in......

rather than doing that i ruined his day back.........  :horse:

I definitely had a lot of that when I was at Ford. One guy in particular who was hired because he had a PhD in Statistics and was certain that, whenever I disagreed with him, it was because I was too stupid to get hs point. Reason I left Ford.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline LoneStar Mopar

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008 - 10:09:16 AM »
The chemical engineers I work with are some of the dumbest smart people I have ever met. They used to talk down to me until I started showing them how stupid their questions and requests were. Now they ask for my opinion, or explain why they want to do something and then ask what I think. Before they treated me like a servant and now I am treated like an actual co-worker. Imagine that someone without a phd that has common sense.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 - 10:12:42 AM by LoneStar Mopar »

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008 - 10:15:57 AM »
All the time Stroker, dealing with customers at work is a pita.  But if I hit them they don't pay.lol

Tom :violin:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008 - 10:17:52 AM »
Engineers definitely have a place in the world, its usually to make high dollar mistakes for the company they work for. What they lack in common sense and experience they more than make up for with arrogance lol.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008 - 11:11:16 AM »
Engineers definitely have a place in the world, its usually to make high dollar mistakes for the company they work for. What they lack in common sense and experience they more than make up for with arrogance lol.

Did you work for Ford too?  :roflsmiley:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

sleepychallenger

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008 - 11:17:42 AM »
i used to work for ford, always had issues with the service writers.

now, there are days that i want to mail my boot to people down range so they can put it up their own azz and save me the effort.  :roflsmiley:

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008 - 11:30:08 AM »
I was a proto-type industrial model maker for John Deere,Polaris,and New Holland.  You should have seen some of these   "Consultants"   :smilielol:   One time I made a custom floor mat. Thet were all standing around me as I mixed the stuff up to pour the mold. Right as I finished,I lifted the mixer too high,Spraying ALL of then right under the knees with the black stuff...    :smilielol: :roflsmiley:   I laughed sooo   hard  :rofl:

Living here with all these "beautiful people"  in Boulder (the bubble)   The answer to that question StRoKeR is...

EVERY DAY MAN!!  EVERY DAY!!     But my basic survival is guaranteed because of them. :smilielol:

Go lay down some rubber to vent.  Or chew up a Mustang out there. Don't let 'em get to 'ya.  :drunk:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008 - 11:40:00 AM »
i used to work for ford, always had issues with the service writers.

Years ago when I worked at a Chevy dealership (back then we were called mechanics, not service technicians) I had a service writer that thought he was better than the mechanics and was always degrading us and riding us. I told the service manager several times to get him off my back but he just kind of ignored the guy. One day the service writer started his crap with me again and I'd had enough and knocked him on his kister right in the middle of the service area. He looked up at me with a dirty look and I told him "Get up and I'll knock you down again!" He wasn't going to get up with me standing there so I finally walked away and went back to work. The service manager called me into his office a few minutes later (he had seen the whole incident from his office window) and asked me what the problem was between me and Sal. I told him I'd had enough of his crap. The service manager told me "We don't need that stuff here, pack up your tools and leave." I told him "No problem, but I've been telling you for 3 months to get him off my back. I think we need to go up and talk to the owner before I leave." He then told me to go back to work and leave Sal alone.  :roflsmiley:

BTW, Sal left shortly after that.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

sleepychallenger

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008 - 12:39:37 PM »
 :roflsmiley:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008 - 01:18:33 PM »
It's nice to hear some people have to put up with more $hit-heads than I do.    :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008 - 01:32:09 PM »
By no means do I defend people like those that have been described. It's really hard sometimes to bite your tongue and restrain yourself from what you really want to say or do to them. The one thing that helps me keep inner contrrol from wanting to lash out is to remind myself that all people see things from different perspectives with different opinions.

If you can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with bull$hit.  :lol:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Slotts

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008 - 01:53:26 PM »
What they lack in common sense and experience they more than make up for with arrogance lol.

:roflsmiley: Isn't that the truth!  :2thumbs:

I think it's the age old knowledge vs wisdom battle.

Knowledge can be taught, wisdom is a gift.

The common sense approach works every time. ;)

Slotts