Author Topic: For The Non Believers - "Aliens"  (Read 15098 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
For The Non Believers - "Aliens"
« on: September 07, 2008 - 11:44:27 AM »

For those who think other life forms or "Aliens" are false really need to open thy minds more. I will say it again and don't mind stepping on toes but if you think our small spec of a planet is the only place in the universe to house life forms then it's almost arrogant in a way to think that. Some quick fire facts. There are more solar systems and stars (suns) than there are grains of sand on this earth - yes, you heard right. In the average sized living room, if a spec of dust is our solar system, the rest of the room is space. The human brain was not built to comprehend these staggering numbers. I'm not trying to change your mind, think what you will, the topic is interesting (to me anyhow) and I thought I'd share. It's great fuel for those who live everyday like it's their last. Why worry what others think, say or do? Go hard, life really is short.

There is a video below of to help show you how big it is. It really puts things into perspective. Little things that worry some people like losing the keys, being caught having sex, stalling and other small parts of our lives seem, well, small, lame and insignificant. When we speak "Aliens" I'm not referring to big "Scary" sci-fi beings that drool, although who's to say there aren't several species like that out there but I do think that there are thousands, perhaps millions of other lifeforms out there besides the homosapiens from fungi to perhaps 1000ft unbelievable beings. View and watch the entire video of one heck of an image to help put it into perspective. Makes you wonder why our world is so against each other when really, we need to be as one and stick together.

http://www.sharelinks.eu/story.php?title=the-hubble-deep-field--the-most-important-image-ever-taken-1

Enjoy life. :2thumbs:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
Re: For The Non Believers - "Aliens"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008 - 11:48:23 AM »
we are all one.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008 - 12:34:54 PM »
Truly mind boggling. So, scientists now calculated that the universe is 78 billion light years to the end. I've often wondered what you'd find if you could ever reach the end. A brick wall? Then what's beyond that brick wall! Not only are big numbers hard to comprehend but so is eternity; there is no end to the universe, it's forever expanding. To think that we're the only ones does seem ridiculous. Thanks for sharing that eye opener.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008 - 12:45:59 PM »

Pretty mind boggling alright. It's just too hard to grasp. The final scene in the video where it keeps on zooming is awesome and really does make you appreciate the vast space out there. Now I'll be sure to spend a little extra time in the "empty" spaces while looking at the stars at night.

nivvy

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008 - 01:05:39 PM »
absolutly nothing like blank space is still something....   :scared: unless they have crap that will make my car go faster im not gonna worry about that believe it or not stuff  :smilielol:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008 - 01:10:09 PM »
We are the only life  :smilielol:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008 - 01:55:14 PM »
Thanks so much for that link.
JUST AWESOME !!!
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008 - 02:03:46 PM »
What would be most depressing to me is to think we're not only the only life, but the most intelligent.  :icon16:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008 - 02:09:18 PM »
is scares me to see my brother floating in space! I always new he was a tad out!
 :bigshades:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008 - 02:23:08 PM »
What was there before it really is whats mind boggling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008 - 02:36:25 PM »
I mean, I can grasp space's "awesomeness" and all, (not like, 'dude thats awesome'  :roflsmiley: ), but I guess I really dont think/worry about it.  Is it wrong?  I dont know.   :dunno:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008 - 02:47:07 PM »
I mean, I can grasp space's "awesomeness" and all, (not like, 'dude thats awesome'  :roflsmiley: ), but I guess I really dont think/worry about it.  Is it wrong?  I dont know.   :dunno:

Can you honestly grasp it? I don't think any human can (Not even Mr Steven Hawkins lol). Thinking big is one thing and hearing big figures, but trying to visualize 78 billion light years is another, nothing puts it into perspective. I'm not worried about it, guess it's just me but I find it interesting, things outside and other than our own planet and the wonders of the universe. By the way, it's not wrong, no one said it is and to even think that is laughable, there is no wrong or right in opinion. ;) Anyhow, just passing on a link......think what you will ladies and gents and speak up, good or bad.

:ylsuper:

Offline LoneStar Mopar

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008 - 03:41:00 PM »
Space is truly an amazing topic to discuss. I love watching NOVA and talking about space. Unfortunately many people cant comprehend theories given by steven Hawking and other great minds. So when I talk about space and theories alot of those same people think I am crazy. I am fortunate to live 20 minutes from NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston. Cool place to visit if ever given the chance. Unfortunately due to higher security needed in our present world, alot less of the facility is accesible than was in years past.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008 - 06:37:11 PM »
Truly mind boggling. So, scientists now calculated that the universe is 78 billion light years to the end. I've often wondered what you'd find if you could ever reach the end. A brick wall? Then what's beyond that brick wall! Not only are big numbers hard to comprehend but so is eternity; there is no end to the universe, it's forever expanding. To think that we're the only ones does seem ridiculous. Thanks for sharing that eye opener.

If you calculate the rate of expansion of space, it is accelerating at such a rate that eventually the speed of acceleration will cause what they call "The BIG RIP". This will be when all matter simply rips apart from the speed of acceleration that started at the "BIG BANG". So, space has a beginning, and an end. What was there before the Big Bang and what will exist after the BIG RIP? Pretty wild questions.

Offline lumpy

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008 - 08:20:44 PM »
ACK!! ACK!! ACK!!