Author Topic: For The Non Believers - "Aliens"  (Read 15106 times)

nivvy

Re: For The Non Believers - "Aliens"
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008 - 08:35:11 PM »
but whats after end to end??? has to be something????  :working:

Offline lumpy

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008 - 08:57:39 PM »
As far as Space, It doesn't end, it just keeps going. There is no end. There will be an end to civilization on Earth, but that is probably many years away. The Bible speaks on this subject, but there are many things that Man will never know.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008 - 09:02:32 PM »
Here's some info to give you some perspective of the size and distance just within our own galaxy...and beyond.

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/

...The barred, spiral Milky Way. We only recently found that our galaxy has such a pronounced, long bar. The central bar is 27,000 light-years long, and the whole galaxy is about 80 to 100 thousand light-years across.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008 - 09:12:40 PM »
  I believe from a Christian perspective, yes space is very large and could be very old. God created 'Man' (& Women) and placed him on this planet we call earth to tame it and use its resources to live. It could be possible that there is other life forms out there but I'm not loosing any sleep over it. I also don't believe that the earth is as old as some people would have us believe, that is, definitely not millions of years old.   :bigsmile:
Dave

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008 - 10:39:04 PM »
As far as Space, It doesn't end, it just keeps going. There is no end. There will be an end to civilization on Earth, but that is probably many years away. The Bible speaks on this subject, but there are many things that Man will never know.

Yeah, I've heard that either our sun will go first (explode, heat and what not) or there is a neighbour galaxy that is heading our way. On the documentary it looked real close to us, like inches but they said it was still thousands of years away lol. They said we would collide and the combined galaxies would spiral out, some planets will collide, others will explode and some may live through it. They said that even if earth does live through it and a new star (sun) is born earth would still need to be close to it to live as we do now, enough sun etc, slim chances. Earth will go, no question, it's simple fact. Question is will humans find that next planet to live on. It can be done and we have the time. But, we're a disease and will probably blow ourselves up by then over some land ownership and powers to be arguing over spilt milk..........

Thanks for the links TC, awesome stuff to ponder. This topic is very interesting, good to talk about over an open fire in the bush (forest) with a few mates, cold beers and a clear night.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008 - 12:10:56 AM »
The late Carl Segan said it best

"Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge."

That means our knowledge is always changing and any "facts" that we know about the universe now will surely change in the coming years.  A basic example is people used to think the earth was flat. A more recent example is Pluto is no longer considered a planet.

I doubt we will really know the true answers to the nature of the universe in our lifetimes.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008 - 12:18:43 AM »
we are in a glass ball around a cats neck at the end of our universe ... arn`t we ?

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Roppa440

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008 - 07:04:55 AM »
Life on other worlds I can believe in.

It is UFOs, God and the Bible I have real problems with....
Dave
1970 Challenger R/T
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008 - 09:21:44 AM »
we are in a glass ball around a cats neck at the end of our universe ... arn`t we ?
  Yes I saw that movie too, but who created the cat?   :stirpot:   :smilielol:
Dave

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008 - 09:39:39 AM »

Yes there is life on other planets. Bible says there are unfallen worlds out there (worlds that did not fall into sin as our world did).

Do have the passage that states that? ???
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline 73challenger_TN

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008 - 10:00:19 AM »
Like Aussie Challenger had said, God made man and woman to have dominion over the earth. All animals were subject to them, until, they disobeyed God and sin entered into the world.

Yes there is life on other planets. Bible says there are unfallen worlds out there (worlds that did not fall into sin as our world did).

Where does it say that? I'm not saying your wrong just like to read things for myself :)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008 - 10:04:42 AM »
Let's not go here. Were entering religious differences and opinions.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008 - 10:18:10 AM »
The hubble is not real. They stuck a camera on the end of  a pringle's can and took some pics of the sky one night. Costs us trillions....   :clapping:

Offline lumpy

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008 - 11:22:21 AM »
Let's not go here. Were entering religious differences and opinions.
  We're already there. You guys should know by now that everything is from our Creator. Of course there are many questions that man will never know the answers to. just live, be happy and be in awe of God's Creation. :ylsuper:

Offline lumpy

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008 - 11:28:35 AM »
Here is a place where you can share your differences. Just remeber that just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn't always make them wrong.....that's why it is called an opinion.      http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/417379