1969 Dodge Charger 500

Author Topic: 1969 Dodge Charger 500  (Read 3591 times)

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
    • Houston Mopar Club Connection
1969 Dodge Charger 500
« on: September 09, 2008 - 09:49:21 AM »
1969 Dodge Charger 500
440 4-speed all matching numbers car
T7- Dark Bronze w/ saddle tan console interior
Like my '68, this is another great car and one that I might be considering to sell if I can get what I need and if the '68 sells.

The paint/body is an older restoration from '85 and shows it's age when you look close. It's far from perfect, but it's nice nonetheless.. I've taken her to many AutoRama World of Wheels shows as a representative of my Mopar club, so that's an indication of how she shows.
The majority of the interior is thought to be original. The drive train is very tight. She as a 3:54 Dana which is original to the car.
- manual drums
- pw steering
- console 4-speed
- new engine and dash harness
- amp-2-volt gauge conversion for safety. The face on the volt gauge was done to look like original amp gauge. The instrument faces have been restored.

Again, she's a very solid and fun car. I may let her go if I can sell the '68 for what I'm looking to get in order to come up with the finances for the Daytona I'm looking to get..

phone: 832-498-4406

I'm looking to get $75,000
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015 - 09:17:24 AM by hemi68charger »
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727
'70 Superbird 440 - 4speed

sleepychallenger

Re: 1969 Dodge Charger 500
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008 - 06:36:30 PM »
pretty looking car. good luck with the sale. need more pics. show us all of her beauty.  :useless:

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008 - 07:00:30 PM »
did that 500 spend some time in Wyoming before you saved it?

Nice car I would love to have it.   :money:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008 - 07:33:38 PM »
did that 500 spend some time in Wyoming before you saved it?

Nice car I would love to have it.   :money:

Why, yes it did !!!!  Sold new at Cheyenne Dodge.. I've contacted the third/fourth owner who apparently were sons of the dealership owner, who bought it back at some point in time after it was sold new..... It originally had a white "500" stripe.. You know anything about it? Or, are you one of the owners that emailed me out of the blue one day a few years ago?   ;D

Troy
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008 - 08:23:28 PM »
Don't sell Dana.  :crying: :crying: I love your Charger.  :2thumbs:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008 - 08:29:33 PM »
It is a stunning car :drool: good luck with the sale :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008 - 08:50:02 PM »
Why, yes it did !!!!  Sold new at Cheyenne Dodge.. I've contacted the third/fourth owner who apparently were sons of the dealership owner, who bought it back at some point in time after it was sold new..... It originally had a white "500" stripe.. You know anything about it? Or, are you one of the owners that emailed me out of the blue one day a few years ago?   ;D

Troy
Not a former owner.  Did it have a green fender and a plastic back window once?
I may have spent some time in it  :burnout: a good friend at the time owned one or it I could tell you some stories...
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008 - 10:17:54 PM »
Not a former owner.  Did it have a green fender and a plastic back window once?
I may have spent some time in it  :burnout: a good friend at the time owned one or it I could tell you some stories...

Well, actually it may have.. I'm not sure about the green fender though.. I have two pictures of the car when it was still in Wyoming and the back side glass was missing and the one owner told me his Dad, the dealership owner, didn't want to replace the back window, so one of the sons forked out the $400 for an NOS Charger 500/Daytona back glass. Mind you, that was a LOT of money back then.. Two of the previous owners were brothers......... Ring a bell?

Cheers,
Troy
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008 - 10:32:48 PM »
 :popcorn: I love stories like these. :popcorn:
Dave

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008 - 06:47:29 AM »
Well, actually it may have.. I'm not sure about the green fender though.. I have two pictures of the car when it was still in Wyoming and the back side glass was missing and the one owner told me his Dad, the dealership owner, didn't want to replace the back window, so one of the sons forked out the $400 for an NOS Charger 500/Daytona back glass. Mind you, that was a LOT of money back then.. Two of the previous owners were brothers......... Ring a bell?

Cheers,
Troy

I am sure that’s the car the two brothers were Pat & Bud (Glean) Bud was the last owner before it left town. I will look for some old pictures and see if I have any it may take a bit that was soooooo long ago.... I am happy it went to a good home I hope you can keep it...

One night we were out having fun broke our main car hitched a ride back to Buds place picked up the 500 rescued the girls for some more fun  :burnout: ya know the kind  :burnout: the man pulls us over  we tell him the story he looks over the car & lets us go with a warning to go home. Long story shortened up a bit we trade cars again and go have some more fun. :burnout:

That car would sure run hard.

Cheers   :cheers:
Scott
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008 - 03:43:20 PM by thedodgeboys »
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008 - 07:48:27 AM »
I am sure that’s the car the two brothers were Pat & Bud (Glean) Bud was the last owner before it left town. I will look for some old pictures and see if I have any it may take a bit that was soooooo long ago.... I am happy it went to a good home I hope you can keep it...

One night we were out having fun broke our main car hitched a ride back to Buds place picked up the 500 rescued the girls for some more fun  :burnout: ya know the kind  :burnout: the man pulls us over  we tell him the story he looks over the car & lets us go with a warning to go home. Long story shortened up a bit we trade cares again and go have some more fun. :burnout:

That car would sure run hard.

Cheers   :cheers:
Scott
I'd appreciate it... If I can sell the '68 and get the one Daytona I know about, I'll be able to keep Dana and the '70 v-code.... I've started my own stories with the car, mostly with the family, slightly tamer I'm sure...  :bigsmile:

Here's my daughter Julie the day I brought her home from the hospital on day 2...

But, I have had a lot of fun with her... Let's just say I've broken a fair share of rear u-joints because of that 4-speed..   :clapping:

Troy
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727

Offline hemi68charger

• Charger Power!!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008 - 12:00:45 PM »
Don't sell Dana.  :crying: :crying: I love your Charger.  :2thumbs:
I'm trying not to... Perfect world I would have a buyer for the '68 and then be a buyer for the Daytona.. Then, I'd have two XX29's in my garage..  :grinyes:
'69 Daytona 426 HEMI-727