Author Topic: Really bad weekend for my family  (Read 3038 times)

Offline resq302

Really bad weekend for my family
« on: September 14, 2008 - 09:56:16 PM »
It was a really tough weekend for my family.  My wife on Thursday had some woman issues and is also 11 weeks pregnant with our second child.  She called her doctor and was able to get an appointment for early friday morning.  I was coming off of working a 12 hr night shift at my police job and at my parents house doing some things getting ready to do some work on the chally over the weekend when I got the call...... my wife called and said that her dr. sent her to another specialty ultra sound doctor cause they didn't hear a heartbeat for the baby.  I immediatly dropped what I was doing and went over to where the specialty ultrasound place was to meet up with my wife who was a pretty shaken up by the premilnary news.  The specialty place took my wife right in and did the procedure on her and then after she got dressed, showed us to a consultation room (never a good sign).  They had my wifes dr. call us and talked to my wife with us in the private office.  I knew the news wasnt good just from how the nurse seemed to be acting.  The test confirmed that my wife had a miscarry.  Mind you my wife had no signs at all of a miscarry and it basically just came out from no where.  The doctor wanted my wife to have a DNC ( I think thats what it was called) to remove everything and "clean her up inside".  That procedure was done at a local hospital with my wifes dr performing the procedure.  It took only about 20 mins and she was out of surgery.  My wife is doing pretty good and our families have been pretty supportive but it is still an emotional and mental drain as to why and how this could have happened?  Lots of things start going through your mind and you start to question a lot of things that normally you wouldn't, such as religion, life itself, etc.  Fortuntely, my wife and I have been there for each other and it is making the grieving process go a little easier but when you are not doing anything and just sitting there or its late at night and you are laying in bed, it starts to get the best of you.

Anyway, I feel like this board is an extended part of my family as I have gotten to know a lot of people on here, which is why I felt compelled to start this thread.  Maybe it is part of the grieving process or not, I don't know.  I just know that it makes me feel better expressing myself this way.   I know that we are not the only parents who have gone through this as we are lucky to have a 20 month old daughter who also cheers us up just seeing her face in this time of darkness.  I know as time passes things will get back to normal and time heals all things.  Hoever, the scar of a memory will always be there and we wanted to have a boy and a girl.

Sorry if I have gotten eveyrone else here who read this a little sad and depressed too.  All I can really say right now is RIP baby Kapral.   You're in a much better place now even though I would have rather had you around down here with your mommy and daddy.

Offline plumcrazy704406

Re: Really bad weekend for my family
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:03:35 PM »
sorry for your loss! healing comes with time. we're here!
 :angelwings:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:08:42 PM »
G Bless , were here for ya buddy!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

sleepychallenger

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:10:41 PM »
Im terribly sorry to hear about your loss. Even halfway around the world it made me tear up. If you see me on and need someone to talk to, PM me with your number and i will call you up. Again, sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayres are with you and your family during these sad times.

Drew  :angelwings:  :'(

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:14:18 PM »
I absolutely know what you are going through.  My wife miscarried on her first pregnancy.  It was somewhere around 8 weeks.  However, we made it through with a lot of support from our families, and we now have 2 great children 2 years and 4 years old.  After doing some research, it turns out that miscarriages happen a lot more often than people think.  A lot of times it is through no fault or action of the woman, and other times it has to do with genetics.  My wife's aunt had multiple miscarriages, but still had children.  If the doctors don't find any medical causes, then hopefully you can continue and have success.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:24:15 PM »
I'm glad your wife is ok.  My wife had a tubal/miscarriage on her third pregnancy, we didn't know she was pregnant until she was 13 weeks.  She could have died but the clot that formed saved her life.  I was the same as you, dropping everything and running.  Good thing I did as within a couple hours she was having emergency surgery due to the bleeding.

Take care of Her, it will be very hard to take for sure.  But stay strong and we'll be here for you.

Davis Family :angelwings:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline leithal

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:30:53 PM »
I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.  My wife had a similiar experience and it was very difficult to get through.  For us the support of friends, family, and our church were extremely helpful in the healing process.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:34:42 PM »
I cannot think of anything worse than the loss of a child.

Hugs for both of you from all of us.

Barry

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:35:58 PM »
I am really sorry to hear of your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family also.
** Shane **

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:57:24 PM »
Brian ,  Shelby and I both have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.  :angelwings:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008 - 10:59:59 PM »
Everything I can think of to say just sounds very small and weak. I'm glad your wife is OK, and sorry to hear about your child.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008 - 11:10:18 PM »
I am sorry to hear about your loss.  My wife and I lost a child through a miscarriage 24 years ago.  One year later she was pregnant again and all went well. 

Stay strong for your wife and know that your child is in heaven.  Peace to you and your wife.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008 - 11:14:49 PM »
My condolences.  :(
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008 - 11:20:59 PM »
Very sad news . .  :walkaway:

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008 - 11:24:17 PM »