Author Topic: Really bad weekend for my family  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: Really bad weekend for my family
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008 - 11:48:27 PM »
Sad news and I'm very sorry to hear it. I wish the best to you and your family. My daughter went through this earller this year. It's a tough thing for sure.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline 1ownr

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008 - 11:54:13 PM »
no one can ever be prepared for a child to pass on. Our heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family.  

judy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008 - 12:26:46 AM by 1ownr »

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008 - 01:52:56 AM »
 :angelwings:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008 - 01:58:14 AM »
I am so sorry to hear that.  I have been through the same thing I even lost a child to sids.  It is tough I know and will be praying for you.  I am glad your wife is ok.

Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008 - 01:59:36 AM »
It is just so hard to put words to this subject.  Sorry for your lose. :angelwings:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008 - 04:52:50 AM »
   :angelwings:  My heart felt sympathy to you and your family.   :angelwings:
Dave

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008 - 05:32:20 AM »
My condolences , it is tough , a friend of mine just went through exactly the same thing , I tried to help talk them through it as well

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008 - 10:44:25 AM »
I don't have the words to express my condolances to you guys.    I too have lost a child and I understand what you are feeling.  Things will get better.  You folks stay strong....   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline darkhawk

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008 - 10:57:02 AM »
I'm very sorry for your loss.  My wife and I went through a miscarirage as well.  Unfortunately when you talk to people it is not that uncommon an occurance.  The great news is you have supportive family, freinds and your other family on this board.  All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife during this time. :angelwings:
Nigel
73 Cuda
65 Valiant Convertible
04 Dakota

Offline resq302

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008 - 12:23:05 PM »
A huge thanks for everyone who chimed in with their thoughts and prayers.  I am actually off of work today as I took a personal day to just be there for my wife.  I took our daughter to daycare so my wife would not have to be around other younger kids so soon to try and keep her mind off of it.  It seems to be better when you are busy and the mind does not have a chance to think about things and just trying to be cheerful and positive sometimes does not seem to cut it.  It is good to know that there are good chances that we will be able to have our second child eventually after seeing everyone elses experiences who have been through the same thing.  Its just been a lot to bear as we just bought a house and moved in mid July, just got a 2 day suspension from my police job (load of BS but thats a different story), and now this.

Thank you again for everyones support as it does make the healing process go smoother.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008 - 12:42:56 PM »
This may not help but obviously something was wrong & had the child survived you may have had a handful taking care of them for the rest of their lives , possibly it is far better for both you & the child that they passed away rather than suffer for decades in the world . Move ahead & try agian to have  another child  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline resq302

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008 - 06:33:39 PM »
This may not help but obviously something was wrong & had the child survived you may have had a handful taking care of them for the rest of their lives , possibly it is far better for both you & the child that they passed away rather than suffer for decades in the world . Move ahead & try agian to have  another child  :2thumbs:

Chryco,

that is exactly what the doctor said.  Wait.... are you my wifes gyno doctor?   :scared:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008 - 07:08:09 PM »
So sorry to hear about your loss. Life is a mystery sometimes. Here is hoping that you and your wife heal both physically and emotionally from this very trying time.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008 - 04:44:51 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.  My sister miscarried also.  It really was a tough time for her but like my sister, I know you'll pull through this tough time.  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008 - 09:19:20 AM »
Chryco,

that is exactly what the doctor said.  Wait.... are you my wifes gyno doctor?   :scared:

Well, he does wear a lot of hats around here...   :clueless:

I know a family very closely who lost a young daughter at around 11 years old.  Seeing what it did to them, I can't imagine the feeling of being so close to a newborn child and having that happen.  It's unbelievable.

I think the MOST important thing you can do is to work out the grief - cry if you have to, and convince your wife to let it out and let it go.  A lot of people go a little crazy after this kind of thing happens - become very overprotective of their surviving children, which only does harm in the end.  The more you shelter a child the more likely they are to turn to things like drugs, alcohol, and the like.  You have to remember that life, simply put, happens.  You can't control it, you can't protect anyone from it.  Be strong, be positive, and move on. 

I'm not really much of a religious man anymore - got a little too far-fetched for me, but one thing that I learned in my Christian days was "this too shall pass."

This too, friend, shall pass.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)