Author Topic: Looking for advice about a restorer  (Read 1077 times)

Offline LeakyGasket

Looking for advice about a restorer
« on: September 15, 2008 - 09:08:25 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with Maclean Classics out of Toronto?  He restores just about anything, and does a lot of Mopars.  Have talked to him several times, but wondered if anyone has any comment.

Offline enforcer505

Re: Looking for advice about a restorer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008 - 12:26:35 PM »
i went there for a quote for some restoration, gave me a very high quote. i went to a restorer in bradford , ontario and the owner was great even gave me a deal!!!

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008 - 05:33:58 PM »
i went there for a quote for some restoration, gave me a very high quote. i went to a restorer in bradford , ontario and the owner was great even gave me a deal!!!
     yeah i bet no sane person just gives work away ,its cut some place you just have to find it . restorers are not dumb or weekenders they have kidds and a home and all the things every one else does and have to pay like every one else does. deals always end in a fight . the only way to pick a shop is to ask to look at a 5 year old job and talk to the customer its that easy .c

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008 - 05:53:17 PM »
ck w/ memeber fishn4cuda.....He's our body-man Hero
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?action=profile;u=1747
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008 - 05:54:49 PM by bullitt99 »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008 - 06:03:34 PM »
   deals always end in a fight .

LOL isn't this the truth. Both sides usually end up feeling cheated. The customer expecting more for his money and the shop feeling like what more can they do for free.

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008 - 09:20:52 AM »
I have not heard of Maclean Classics. My best advice is check them out in detail. Talk to some of their customers. Keep in mind that restoring a car is not cheap. Each person has their own idea of a restored car. A paint job is not a restoration. Each car has their own hidden secrets and bonuses. So to give an exact estimate is not a good way to go.
For Example: I recently restored just the steel body on a 70 Challenger RT conv. The customer drove the car to me and we discussed around 10K in labor plus paint, materials and any parts (steel). He dissasembled the car and brought me a shell that was Media blasted. Alot of hidden damage and the customer added he wanted the bottom of the car body color. So by the time the shell was finished he had around 23K in Labor and paint/ materials. He also had the cost of steel he bought on top of that. Cost grows rapidly.
I hope this helps.
Fishn
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline MoparMan440

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008 - 03:19:35 PM »
fishn, that Chally vert looks great ! I bet it looks even better in person ! Not to hijack(sorry), is that an N,U,V or R code ?

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008 - 04:13:33 PM »
It is a N code, 3 spd manual, Lime green, White top, White interior, Stripe delete car. Very rare RT Conv.
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline MoparMan440

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008 - 04:02:12 AM »
It is a N code, 3 spd manual, Lime green, White top, White interior, Stripe delete car. Very rare RT Conv.

Very cool car. Thanks !  :thumbsup:

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008 - 08:00:41 AM »
Having been on the reciving end of Tony's work I dont think you can go wrong with his workmanship.  The shine on my car is so deep you can put a ruler to it and see beyond the number 12!     :2thumbs:

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002