Author Topic: Beware of Northcoast Musclecar!!  (Read 2766 times)

Offline sadil340

Beware of Northcoast Musclecar!!
« on: September 15, 2008 - 01:25:22 PM »
These guys shipped me the wrong carpet and WILL NOT EXCHANGE IT. Their take on it was I bought it two years ago and they have a 30 day return policy, no exceptions. Yes, I did buy it two years ago but my car was torn apart in the shop and I didn't have it home to make sure the bozos shipped the right carpet, I just inspected it for flaws.

I gave them the chance to do the right thing and told them that there were a lot of people that would want to know about their poor customer service but they couldn't have cared less.

There are many other reputable dealers to choose from and they all source from the same two vendors so STAY AWAY from these guys if you don't want to get burned!!

Thanks for letting me vent!  :villagers:

Anyone want a good deal on a black 80/20 loop carpet for an automatic?
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
Re: Beware of Northcoast Musclecar!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008 - 01:40:23 PM »
I don't think it is right to vilify a dealer for not taking a part back that was bought 2 years ago.  Sure, it would be nice if they did, but that carpet is no good to them.  They can't turn around and sell a 2+ year old carpet as new, so you expect them to take the loss?  I'm sorry for your loss, but you have to take the responsibility for not doing a more thorough inspection when you received it.  That is ALWAYS the first thing I do when I get a new part, and I'm sure many others do the same thing.

Offline Jon112272

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008 - 01:46:15 PM »
You want to trade?  I got a 4-speed carpet brand new in the box I think I purchased it from Legendary about 10 years ago when I was doing my 70 Barracuda convertible.  I was young and into the four speed swap and pro-street thing but never got around to it.  Now in my older years I have decided to keep the car and auto and make it a nice cruiser.  I never even took it out of the box but the carpet is brand new and useless to me now.  Just a thought. 

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008 - 01:49:45 PM »
I don't think it is right to vilify a dealer for not taking a part back that was bought 2 years ago.  Sure, it would be nice if they did, but that carpet is no good to them.  They can't turn around and sell a 2+ year old carpet as new, so you expect them to take the loss?  I'm sorry for your loss, but you have to take the responsibility for not doing a more thorough inspection when you received it.  That is ALWAYS the first thing I do when I get a new part, and I'm sure many others do the same thing.

:iagree:  Don't think any company would do it differently than they did..
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline asm74

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008 - 01:58:42 PM »
I'd be interested in buying the carpet from you.  I have a 73 challenger auto.  PM me.

thanks!
73 Challenger

Offline sadil340

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008 - 03:02:50 PM »
They were all set to do it and then backed out so even they saw the reasoning that since they shipped the wrong carpet they should exchange it. But then the owner nixed the idea. Maybe it doesn't conform to their policy to exchange their mistake 2 years later but if it were me I would have done it in the name of customer service. They could sell it as new as it was only out of the box for a day when I inspected it and a second day to try to install it when I called them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008 - 03:04:40 PM by sadil340 »
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
Owned since 1974

Offline sadil340

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008 - 03:03:47 PM »
You want to trade?  I got a 4-speed carpet brand new in the box I think I purchased it from Legendary about 10 years ago when I was doing my 70 Barracuda convertible.  I was young and into the four speed swap and pro-street thing but never got around to it.  Now in my older years I have decided to keep the car and auto and make it a nice cruiser.  I never even took it out of the box but the carpet is brand new and useless to me now.  Just a thought. 
Sounds like that would solve both of our problems! PM or email me and we'll set it up.
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
Owned since 1974

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008 - 05:20:30 PM »
two years  :lol:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008 - 05:56:50 PM »
two years  :lol:

:grinno:  If they did we would certainly here more good than bad in this post :2thumbs:

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008 - 09:52:23 PM »
Been there...done that.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008 - 10:00:42 PM »

:iagree: It would be different if it was two days or even two months but not two years later. Still hope it works out for you! :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!