Author Topic: Which Picture Should I Use For the Calender ?  (Read 4692 times)

Offline MyMopar

Re: Which Picture Should I Use For the Calender ?
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008 - 12:56:11 PM »
LOL, thats not even my best.  My best one is sitting in your email inbox.

Thanks.   :cheers:
hmm it wasn't there,  john @ chargerboard . com  I'll have to make sure my spam filters are off.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008 - 02:12:54 PM »
Well yes and no.  The color would be corrected during the printing process so the white wouldn't be blotchy. 

Understood, just wanted to clarify. This is a debate that I have had with multiple galleries and art shows / competitions, who usually take the tack that if it's digitally modified in any way that it's a digital entry. My take is more like yours.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2008 - 03:28:46 PM »
Understood, just wanted to clarify. This is a debate that I have had with multiple galleries and art shows / competitions, who usually take the tack that if it's digitally modified in any way that it's a digital entry. My take is more like yours.

You know what is funny about them taking that stance is that before you snap a photo with a digital camera (high end and some regular digital cameras) you can manipulate the outcome w/o photoshop, adjust white balance, tone and contrast.  So it was digitally modified but using the camera so would that count for them, lol.
Anyway I am getting off topic just funny imo.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Beck

• BECK KUSTOMS
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008 - 04:35:19 PM »
#4 is the best photo of the car in my opinion, but #1 is the best photo overall... 

who cares that #4 is on grass? it's a great photo and all the greens work nice together.

i've done a mild edit of both photos. nothing 'false' or artificial, just cropping and adjusting colours to bring out the best in the photos.
standard stuff.

what do you think?

cheers,
aaron

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008 - 04:47:44 PM »
The more I look at them the more I think I'd go with #1.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars