Author Topic: Received new quarters today, almost sent them back  (Read 522 times)

Offline merlin969

• North Carolina
Received new quarters today, almost sent them back
« on: September 17, 2008 - 09:07:28 PM »
Hello, I've been here for a while but usually dont have much to say but I have a question today.  I finally ordered new quarters for my 72 challenger two days ago and received them today.  Now thats fast.  The problem was that even though the website plainly read that I was to inspect the items throughly before signing to accept them(this was also printed in huge letters on the side of the boxes). The shipper's policy was that I couldnt remove the items from the truck or open them until after I signed for them.  Granted this is the first time I've had anything truck freighted so this might be a common game shippers play to keep from paying for damages.  Has anyone else ran into similar problems?  If so do you guys just accept if the boxes look good?

I'll try to get some pics posted this weekend before I start putting them on.

Take care
Doug
1972 Challenger, Nothing special. Just mine.

Offline gkring

Re: Received new quarters today, almost sent them back
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008 - 09:52:12 PM »
if I get into a situation like that I will sign for the package, but I also write in big clear letters that driver refused to let me inspect package. That way if I do need to make or claim or take legal action it is all spelled out on both our paperwork. I love making notes like that, espcecially on freight items. I actually prefer them to refuse to let me inspect, that way I have never really "accepted" the package as good. Much easier to make the damage claim two days later when you find out what you had accepted is actually bent, cracked, or broken.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

craigsmytcudas

Re: Received new quarters today, almost sent them back
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008 - 10:01:00 PM »
i do many large boxes each year .that said if the outer box has damage or holes then i send back as damaged .when i open it and find fragile parts broken then i deal with the sender as a packing error. im not sure why you even assumed the worst ? . c