Author Topic: Anyone in MD willing to mentor?  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Young _Gun

• not mine, but I wish it were
Anyone in MD willing to mentor?
« on: September 18, 2008 - 06:31:31 PM »
Hi, I was just curious if there was anyone in the DC/Baltimore areas that would be willing to mentor me on restoring/repairing a car. Doesn't have to be a Mopar, but that would be nice
I have nothing. go ahead and laugh. but when I get my something, prepare to be awed

Offline Supercuda

Re: Anyone in MD willing to mentor?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008 - 08:27:47 PM »
Smart of you to ask for help- most kids would just attack the car, and screw stuff up- then ask for help. I wish I was closer to you- I would be glad to help. All I can offer you is long-distance support and advice.

Offline Young _Gun

• not mine, but I wish it were
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008 - 08:36:48 PM »
well, any help would help haha. the problem is I don't have the money to screw stuff up, and go buy more parts. I gotta get it right the first time, or second if I can try again
I have nothing. go ahead and laugh. but when I get my something, prepare to be awed

Offline Supercuda

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008 - 08:57:36 PM »
Then keep coming here. There are lots of experienced people here in all areas of car repair and restoration. The PM feature is good too, it will get you to specific people with your questions. As I said before, I can give long-distance support, and I want the young people coming into the hobby to have the RIGHT information, so that it will continue to be passed on. I won't be around forever, and I like to talk, so be warned: I WILL give you as thorough an answer as I am able. Get some books on the stuff you want to know, and read them. Any issues with understanding what you read, can be cleared up here.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008 - 08:58:47 PM »
Any car clubs in your area?? I don't live in your area (I'm in Tidewater VA area), but I belong to a great local car club and it's a great way to find people with the same interests and also skill/ability & resources to help with your project. I know most of the guys in my club would be more than willing to help out a young gun or old fart with a project that needed some help. Hopefully there's a club in your area that can do the same thing!! :bigsmile:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline inot2old

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008 - 09:43:34 PM »
MEK is in MD, but you probably don't want his help.   :stirpot:  lol
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008 - 02:21:57 AM »
too bad I am nowhere near you , but I will help here

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008 - 04:36:15 AM »
Well my husband is a car restorer and we live right above belair md in airville pa he has restored over 15 cars over the years i am sure he can help you.Email him if you want.

showgoat67@hotmail.com
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008 - 08:10:10 AM »
If you head out to the glen burnie lot Im sure there is someone closer. I will try and help a little but I cant even find enough time for my own car.... 

:misbehaving:

Im in Baltimore.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100