Challenger burns in fire

Author Topic: Challenger burns in fire  (Read 1930 times)

Offline inot2old

Challenger burns in fire
« on: September 19, 2008 - 09:29:16 PM »
A freind of mine called tonight & told me about this.  http://www.newsvirginian.com/wnv/news/local/article/blaze_torches_body_shop/27857/
The Challenger belonged to a freind of his who had bought it new.  He just had the car insured for $6,000 & the body shop didn't have any insurance.   I would be :swear: :stomp: :pullinghair: :banghead: :crying:
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

craigsmytcudas

Re: Challenger burns in fire
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008 - 09:57:52 PM »
its to bad the car owner was under insured ,he should have been responsible . after all it was his car not the shops .i dont hold others responsible for things beyond ones control . its like people always blame others like living in a big ditch that fills with water every few years ,then want help and then complains its not good enough .i lost everything including the car in my avatar to a tornado home and shop and never complained . he had insurance for what he thought it was worth  and will get paid that much .its just stuff . :droolingbounce:

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008 - 10:44:07 PM »
 :iagree:

it is a real life reality check!

This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008 - 10:46:11 PM »
Been there done that. Lost my 70 R/T 440 4 speed convertible last year, had it insured very well. Now they are more rare unfortunately, and I have another one.
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008 - 10:50:37 PM »
That's terrible.  :crying:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008 - 12:18:07 AM »
 :iagree: :eek4:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline AARCuda340+6

• Resident
  • Southern Ontario
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008 - 01:57:04 AM »
Sorry to hear about your friends car.  :faint: When I first had my AAR insured they listed my car as a Valiant and insured it for $2,000 and that was for the first 8 years.  I had it appraised after I found out about the goof and now have it insured with Lant Insurance Brokers.  They are a specialty old car Insurance company.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008 - 01:58:35 AM by AARCuda340+6 »
You can call me RAY or RAYMOND or RAZOR or THE ZOR!
70 AAR Cuda
04 Rumble Bee

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008 - 02:25:42 AM »

Man that sucks. That's always the concern of mine having a car at a shop, out of my control.
Luckily I'm only 2 minutes drive from my resto shop. Poor Challenger.  :crying:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008 - 01:01:51 PM »
carl no matter were you put it ,its out of your control . dust to dust  .i asked a shop owner i worked for when i was gettin started why he didnt carry ins ,his reply was it keeps the lawyers away and keeps the customer honest .did you know that on average less than 2% of a body shops customers are honest ie its not my fault he hit me its not an insurance job lets screw the insurance on the deductible or the shop owner ,i dont want perfection my kids in college and cant afford the cost and the best one is its only got liability and its only a few years old . :violin:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008 - 02:36:57 PM »
RIP

Burrow said the following vehicles were lost in the fire:
- 1929 “Woodie” station wagon
- 1932 “Woodie” station wagon
- 1935 Ford
- 1941 Ford
- 1966 Ford Mustang convertible
- 1972 Chevrolet truck
- 1974 Dodge Challenger

Shame shame shame  :crying:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008 - 03:30:46 PM »
that`s awefull....my worst nightmare.... :eek4:
*** Bart ***

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008 - 03:46:46 PM »

carl no matter were you put it ,its out of your control . dust to dust 

Not sure how you came to that conclusion mate but when it's locked in my garage I have a lot more control over what could eventually happen. I would never leave a door open during lunch,  a heater on that may start a fire, electrical plugs in and switches on, people coming to view other cars "doing something" to mine while visiting, I could make a list there are that many things that I have control of that I don't when my car is at a shop, out in public or at a show.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008 - 03:50:35 PM »
I don`t woory too much about getting in an accident or wrecking at the track but the thought of fire makes me real nervous.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008 - 05:23:34 PM »
Not sure how you came to that conclusion mate but when it's locked in my garage I have a lot more control over what could eventually happen. I would never leave a door open during lunch,  a heater on that may start a fire, electrical plugs in and switches on, people coming to view other cars "doing something" to mine while visiting, I could make a list there are that many things that I have control of that I don't when my car is at a shop, out in public or at a show.
then your infallible good for you ,even though that shop owner has more at risque than just one car the challenger in question .it was burnt not at a show or in public view, its not just about a hunk of steel. im sure that a shop owner shares the same concerns as you do, and with so much more at risque hes probably as cautious as you or more .my point that others got with ease was there are no gaurantees in life also more homes burn than shops we have annual fire inspections homes dont. before i end this in the last two years i had a customer that was a perfectionist his 32 ford fell off his trailer, an engineer hit his door opener and dropped the door on his cuda another had his two car garage locked up nice and tight it got hot and a paint can blew a lid you can guess the rest all perfectionist with a plan dust to dust.c

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008 - 06:34:05 PM »
Anyway that you view it, it still suck that another one is gone!!! RIP! :walkaway: :sadwavey:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!