Author Topic: what do you do for a living?  (Read 9414 times)

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
Re: what do you do for a living?
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008 - 06:35:39 AM »
Bella Breeze, you sound very well educated in the real world. That's the compliment from your struggles in life. Remember, once you master your situation, on your own, you will have control of the outcome. :wave:

Thanks for your comments and encouragemen. I hope that happens someday too. But until then.......

My motto is as long as I am happy within myself, I am happy at doing anything. You can not choose your family, but you can choose your friends and associations.   
 :cooldancing: :roflsmiley:

Offline bella beeze

• "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008 - 06:38:21 AM »
 :wow: :wow: :wow:

Just amazing the variety of people and professions here -- just simply fascinating reading everyones' professions
It is such a diverse bunch!!!

:cooldancing: :clapping:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2008 - 09:27:43 AM »
Layer Kahlua, Bailey's and then Grand Marnier  :2thumbs: I can make a killer Long Island Iced Tea  :drunk: 

Ever make a Scary Green Frog?

It's a layered drink. 3 things in it, Ozuo, and some green stuff I can't remember it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008 - 09:29:22 AM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008 - 09:29:39 AM »

It's a layered drink. Kalua, Ozuo, and some green stuff I can't remeber the name.

Anti-freeze?  :roflsmiley:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008 - 09:51:14 AM »
Most of the regulars here know what I do, but for the newbie's... I'm an Auto Recycler!  We do NOT use the "J" word around here. Will be in this 25 years come this December! 
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline back n black

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2008 - 11:07:59 AM »
I own and operate an Internet Service Provider with four guys from gradeschool.  We also do network consulting on the side. 

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2008 - 11:22:19 AM »
Anti-freeze?  :roflsmiley:

I remember it now that I'm more awake. It was Called a Scary Green Toad; not Frog.
Layered drink. Very Smooth. 2 or 3 of these will put you near your grave. Someone just has to kick you in.

1/3 Stolli's
1/3 Chartruese
1/3 Ouzo
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2008 - 09:16:15 PM »
  I build custom homes.  Been in the business since high school.  Participated in Vocational Building Trades in High school.  Ever since then I have been building homes.  I work from all phases of the home.  From design to moving the customer in.  There are not many parts that I do not do with the home.  I prefer not to do any drafting or architectural work.  Far too boring to sit in a room and draw on a piece of paper, read guidelines and what not.  I much more prefer to be out in the wonderful rocky mountains building homes and seeing all the beauty.  No job too small and definitely no job too big.  Havn't done a multi million dollar home,   Yet!  Eventually I plan on doing  more top dollar custom homes instead of regular custom homes.  The market is holding very well up here in the mountains as the rich people can build  "Cabins"  for vacationing whenever they want. 
  If only I could figure out what the multi millionaires are doing to get that kind of cash?  Always looking for something to bring more money without loosing any of my freedoms. 

I spent 2 years as an artist and loved every minute of it. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2008 - 10:55:41 PM »
i'm going to start a new thread soon with regards to all that have posted here. It truly should be interesting!

:canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2008 - 10:57:05 PM »
We could start our own nation.  :villagers:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline LAA66

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2008 - 11:02:07 PM »
 Cuda Hunter, I knew you were a contractor even before this post.  :eek7: Just the attitude.  :grinyes: I do production, subdivision tracts of homes, and that is not happening now. Please send some work my way bud. I'll try custom crown molding, granite, whatever. :crazy: 

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2008 - 12:00:27 AM »
Most of my customers are from California and Texas. 
Seems you just need to follow all your old customers out here!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Kapteenikosmos

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2008 - 01:45:40 AM »
I graduated in master of science degree few months ago and right now I'm working as a researcher in the field of hydraulics at our university. The pay is poor but the "privilidges" are great! We have a pretty big testing/prototype laboratory with couple of lathes and milling cutters etc. and I can use those on my spare time.
1967 six banger Mustang
1973 Challenger (under restoration)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (daily driver)

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2008 - 06:53:09 AM »
We could start our own nation.  :villagers:

should we take over the world? maybe change from Earth to ummmmm  PLANETCUDACHALLENGER!

:2thumbs:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008 - 07:10:43 PM »
I just answer ?s here ... the pay is very low  :smilielol:
 I do help people build a resto cars locally when I am not here ... the pay is very low  :pullinghair: But I love the work

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t