Author Topic: what do you do for a living?  (Read 9427 times)

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: what do you do for a living?
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2008 - 07:14:12 PM »
I still want to know what it's going to take to get you across the border, Neil.  :bigsmile:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2008 - 07:26:32 PM »
I still want to know what it's going to take to get you across the border, Neil.  :bigsmile:

If he looked like he was from Mexico, he would fit in better.    :stirpot:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2008 - 07:28:19 PM »
 I started out as a Mold Maker( 20 years), now work as a machinist for a automation company and have my own business at home custom machining and welding /fabricating for stock cars and hot rods etc...
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2008 - 07:49:48 PM »
I'm an Operations manager for New York Air Brake,
We have plant across the country and in Canada that refurbish freight train and locomotive parts for all the lass I railroads.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2008 - 07:56:13 PM »
Canaduh just has to invade and take over the US  :smilielol:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008 - 08:12:09 PM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2008 - 09:49:42 PM »
I remember it now that I'm more awake. It was Called a Scary Green Toad; not Frog.
Layered drink. Very Smooth. 2 or 3 of these will put you near your grave. Someone just has to kick you in.

1/3 Stolli's
1/3 Chartruese
1/3 Ouzo
I never made one of those. Here's one that will knock your socks off. It's called a Closed Casket. 1/2 shot Jager , 1/2 shot Firewater, 1/2 shot Rumplemintz, 1/2 shot 151.  :scared:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008 - 10:00:09 PM by DoNotChallengeHer »

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2008 - 10:03:42 PM »
I'm a finance /accounting consultant.  I go and clean up companies mess.  Last job I work with a team of accountants to clean up a 60 billion dollar IT error for a large UK bank.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2008 - 10:11:38 PM »
  Last job I work with a team of accountants to clean up a 60 billion dollar IT error for a large UK bank.

Next time you come across one of those, feel free to slide a few million my way. 60 billion is such a big number, no one who miss it, right?  :thumbsup:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2008 - 11:06:47 PM »
My job is wearing out my body and finding the hardest toughest place in all the plants across the nation then I torcher myself.  I seem to make sure I am under paid, over worked and am placed in front of obects that are 1000 degrees and weighing 100 tons or more

God I love my job.  If you have a rotary at your job, odds are some time or another I will be there to resurface the face of it while the plant is running. Be it rocket fuel, gold mine, chocolate facory, sugar, automotive, If you make cement, lime, paper, fertilizer, tums, rolaids,steel , dont matter. I end up keeping the world going and beating my body up while doing it. 30 degrees below zero or 1000 degrees above. I fix it.

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2008 - 01:11:46 AM »
I never made one of those. Here's one that will knock your socks off. It's called a Closed Casket. 1/2 shot Jager , 1/2 shot Firewater, 1/2 shot Rumplemintz, 1/2 shot 151.  :scared:

:drunk:  Sounds like high octane racing fuel to me!!! 
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2008 - 09:03:29 AM »
I am currently employed by the DoD but recently I got an email from a very nice banker from Nigeria. It seems that his partner has died and he had 12.7 million US dollars in an accaount that he can't touch. If I send him my name, age, SS #, gender, hair color, eye, color, bank accnt. #, pet's name, and a blood sample he is going to send me a check by Western Union and let me cash it and then after I have gained his confidence he will send me his partners bank account # and pay me half just for retrieving the money.
So pretty soon I may just retire on the money Mr. Mugata gives me.

Nigerians sure are nice people!

Offline LeakyGasket

« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2008 - 09:47:48 AM »
I am retired from various parts of the US Government, starting out as an engineer in the military, then a minimal stint with the private sector, and, finding the private sector too much like real work, went back into the Government.  As luck would have it, that was about the exact time the Government started actually working its employees, and feeling trapped with no safe retreat, I decided to stick it out where I was and continued to struggle for the DOD/COE, DOC, and USAFR.  If you don't know what those acronyms stand for, neither do I, since I am old and --- geez, just lost my train of thought.

As a result, you can probably see I have nothing to show for all that, except that I am retired and enjoying the heck out of it. 

Now, where's that 71 'Cuda I so desperately want?

Offline resq302

« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2008 - 11:59:29 AM »

Dear God, I've had some Bicardi 151 and brought some home from our cruise.  They CAN NOT ship it by air due to the combustability of it.  Certainly some potent stuff as the bottle even has a flame arrestor cap on it!    Maybe I should try some in my gas tank and improve the octane. :clueless:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2008 - 12:28:34 PM »
I am currently employed by the DoD but recently I got an email from a very nice banker from Nigeria. It seems that his partner has died and he had 12.7 million US dollars in an accaount that he can't touch. If I send him my name, age, SS #, gender, hair color, eye, color, bank accnt. #, pet's name, and a blood sample he is going to send me a check by Western Union and let me cash it and then after I have gained his confidence he will send me his partners bank account # and pay me half just for retrieving the money.
So pretty soon I may just retire on the money Mr. Mugata gives me.

Nigerians sure are nice people!

:roflsmiley:
*** Bart ***

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2008 - 03:23:33 PM »
Well i am a certified medical assistant.CMA  and kenny is  a Central office technician with verizon communications.
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)