Author Topic: Value of BS vs. BH and Clone  (Read 9547 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Value of BS vs. BH and Clone
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008 - 11:09:52 AM »
I say build the type of car you want to drive. Or buy the car you want to drive. Do not plan on useing your car for resale or 401k program, it will not do any good. What you spend on a car and the margin in profit for resale is not real big in any type of restro or build. Enjoy what you buy, and when ready to let it go, the person that is wanting your car will pay you for what he feels it is worth. Then when you agree to that price, it is X dollars. The bigger the X, the longer the wait

Offline LeakyGasket

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008 - 11:28:27 AM »
Moparal, good advice.  95% of my intent is to have the car I always wanted, built the way I want, and to enjoy driving it.  The other 5% is trying to get the most bang for the buck (therefore the BS, I guess).

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008 - 12:27:25 PM »
And may I say, beautiful car.  Is that B5?  My first choice is B5, followed by B2.

Thanks. :cheers: Nope, it was called "Oriental Blue". But it isn't that color any more.
It's one step closer to the car in my sig.........Triple Black:smokin:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008 - 07:17:08 PM »
I like the 70 and 71 cars equally well. I own two 71's, three 70's and one 73. The only real cuda is my 71 Tor-red bench seat 340 car. The other 71 is a cuda cloned from a Gran Coupe. Two of the 70's are Gran Coupes and one of them is plain jane barracuda that will soon have it's roof whacked off. I've wanted a "late model hemi" convertible roadster for a while so the roof has to go.  I sold my 70 convert several years ago and have regretted it ever since.
I have a bunch of extra e-body parts and it's time to use some of them to build a fun car that I can get out and do burnouts with. I want to keep cost on this build as low as possible. I already have the 5.7 hemi and 5-speed that I bought from a kid for $1200. This car is rough so I don't mind cutting it up to make the big transmission work. I never wanted to use this driveline in any of my other cars since they're rust free cars and I didn't want to cut on them.
I'll start a thread when I begin cutting on the 70 barracuda.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008 - 12:27:37 AM »
well LG many good posts here .i like the bs cars if possible your reasons are spot on . as for value the 401k cars are circleing the drain .most younger new buyers want the upgrade cars .the model a era cars went through this phase along with the t bird era ,younger buyers had no interest except in modified form .what ever you build this is a great time for hot rods all eras .unless you find a six bbl or hemi car get the torch out and go nuts . :2thumbs:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008 - 08:29:24 AM »
I read this whole thread and think it should come down to ones personal prefference with what they feel comfortable buying........

As for values between a BS 'Cuda compared to a BH Barracuda, it would come down to the actual car in question to its value :money: Their are some highly optioned and really rare optioned BH Barracudas that would be of more value than some less optioned and less disirable BS 'Cudas.............. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008 - 07:27:49 PM »
A BP would be worth more than both :thumbsup:
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3