Author Topic: boy Mopars are losing value  (Read 2050 times)

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
boy Mopars are losing value
« on: September 22, 2008 - 09:38:52 PM »
I just got a line on a 68 RR numbers 383 4 speed project all there for 5k. A year ago this would be 10k atleast. Im trying to see how i can get the money. uncle sam wants 7k from me this month so it will be hard to swing. I dont know how to pass up a deal like this tho
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline plumcrazy704406

Re: boy Mopars are losing value
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008 - 10:02:53 PM »
I think the very clean original cars are holding there own in this fine market. the project cars are taking a beating! There are also some fire sales out there to be had!
good luck

:canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008 - 10:06:45 PM »
I just saw a non numbers matching 340 4 speed 70 Challenger (granted it was a very nice car) sell for $32,000 on ebay.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008 - 01:07:13 AM »
Ya well ill probably pass on this one, I need another project like i need a hole in my head
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline jadeezra

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008 - 06:21:34 PM »
All muscle car prices a dropping, big block fords have taken a huge hit! That sucks too, I bought mine when the prices were at their peak.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008 - 06:35:42 PM »
All muscle car prices a dropping, big block fords have taken a huge hit! That sucks too, I bought mine when the prices were at their peak.

It only sucks if you want to sell it.  Otherwise, it doesn't matter because you already own it.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008 - 09:27:32 PM »
...some of my cars I have owned for many many years, others purchased more recently.....all are paid for in full, and none are for sale...a slow/soft market only means it's easier to purchase more/nicer cars for less money than last year....I never purchase cars for an investment, I purchase cars I truly want, and if they go up in value, great, but since I will probably own the majority of them until I kick off, value is really of little consequence to me

...key rule, NEVER buy a car you don't like...if you can't sell it, at least you can enjoy ownership

...a few that will never be on the market again during my lifetime, they're called KEEPERS :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008 - 09:48:46 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008 - 10:16:57 PM »
...some of my cars I have owned for many many years, others purchased more recently.....all are paid for in full, and none are for sale...a slow/soft market only means it's easier to purchase more/nicer cars for less money than last year....I never purchase cars for an investment, I purchase cars I truly want, and if they go up in value, great, but since I will probably own the majority of them until I kick off, value is really of little consequence to me

...key rule, NEVER buy a car you don't like...if you can't sell it, at least you can enjoy ownership

...a few that will never be on the market again during my lifetime, they're called KEEPERS :bigsmile:

I agree totally with DAYTONA. I look at nice 442 or Mustang verts and the prices always shock me. It is like a 2:1 or even 3:1 compared to our Mopar convertibles. It would be nice for the values to come down low enough to allow us blue collar dudes a chance at a nice Mopar.   :2cents:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008 - 06:55:46 AM »
Our rule is simple. Don't buy what you can't unload, in an emergency, for what you have in it. Hopefully that never happens!

:canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008 - 08:23:01 AM »
   :iagree: 

True you must keep an eye on what you have invested, but I have my Challenger for the enjoyment, not what I could make off of it.   :woohoo:   :cheers:
Dave

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008 - 10:07:35 AM »

IMO the whole market is down, all makes, models and automobiles are down.
It sure is a great time to be in the buyers market.

Awesome collection Daytona. :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008 - 11:53:17 AM »

I think with the whole country in a slump all cars are really soft right now. Bad for me as I'm trying to sell the RR in order to make room for a new Challenger. I really want a new R/T so i'm willing to take a hit on the RR. Not sure if it's a smart move but you only live once. I think it would be sweet to have a new and old Challenger. I never thought I would sell and old Mopar to buy a new car but here I am doing it. Never say never!!!!!!!
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008 - 05:57:04 PM »

I think with the whole country in a slump all cars are really soft right now. Bad for me as I'm trying to sell the RR in order to make room for a new Challenger. I really want a new R/T so i'm willing to take a hit on the RR. Not sure if it's a smart move but you only live once. I think it would be sweet to have a new and old Challenger. I never thought I would sell and old Mopar to buy a new car but here I am doing it. Never say never!!!!!!!

Sure wish I had the money, I would pick up that sweet RR from you in a hearbeat. Very clean looking car, good luck with the sale.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008 - 06:28:54 PM »
I tried to PM you this, but your box is full. Others already know your a stand up person anyways :2thumbs:

Daytona,

I sure admire your cars. I was looking through current posts here and ran across a few more of your cars. You have a very nice collection. I also enjoy the level headed thinking you apply yourself to when posting.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008 - 10:06:01 PM »
MOPARAL...

...thanx for the kind words....I have always been a car enthusiast and have been lucky enough to own some nice cars thru the years....I never bought a car I didn't like, some I kept for days, some for weeks, some for years and some for decades....but for now, my garage is about full and I'm getting to lazy to wax them like I used to, too lazy to even drive them like I used to....but I sure do love to go to the garage and look at them, remembering the old days, racing the streets as a kid, driving Daytonas and Superbirds to the MOPAR Nats time and time again, driving all kinds of E-Bodys as daily drivers...lots of great MOPAR memories and even some GM memories :roflsmiley:....it's been a blast

...business wise it has been good also, but I never bought a car just for the profit, always bought what I wanted and luckily, the cars I wanted were in high demand by others also....dumb luck :bigsmile:...I always bought the rarest, best, most correct etc etc I could afford or find....easier to sell when I was ready to part with them