Author Topic: what do you do to chill?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline plumcrazy704406

what do you do to chill?
« on: September 25, 2008 - 08:58:05 PM »
wow, the what do you do thread is humming along. So now that we know a tad about the workin side of us, I'd like to know.......

What do you do to chill out? Please quote your job with your answer. Leave out the mopars because we can chill there anytime!

me, s/e, office products/it products/printing, 24yrs.

to chill, I hit a batting cage. 90-95mph. An hour of switch hitting. Must be trying to tell me something when I crush that ball!
it does get rid of the stress!
 :villagers:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: what do you do to chill?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008 - 09:08:55 PM »
Electrician

Don't hit too many baseballs anymore a bit rusty there since College.

Hanging with the kids/wife.

I like to just do nothing sometimes even though I feel like nothing got done. :bigsmile:

Tom :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline Supercuda

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008 - 09:16:11 PM »
I have been a mechanic for 26 years. When I want to relax, I like to work on old cars (if there's money to do it, anyway); when that isn't an option, hiking in the mountains and valleys of Colorado, hunting dinosaurs or other ancient relics, is a lot of fun. Lately, between health and money issues, watching movies and listening to music (all kinds) are my chill-out activities. I also enjoy drawing, but don't get much chance for doing artwork lately.

Offline LAA66

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008 - 10:24:31 PM »
  A ranch run makes my day.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008 - 10:39:54 PM »
Air Force Logistics Planner,

I like to play raquet ball, run, or fiddle with the car. That or just hit the closest highway and cruise for a while.

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008 - 10:44:58 PM »
Natural Gas Marketing.

I just like some alone time with some football on and a Big Bacardi diet coke mix next to me. With 3 kids 7 and under, quiet time is really nice.

Of course, I am going to Mexico with my wife for a week in 2 weeks, that is going to be the ultimate relaxation period!!!   :bananasmi
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008 - 10:59:58 PM »
Sit down and have a couple beers with my friends after work.  :cheers:  I like to read.I like a good movie.  And just hop in the Chally and go for a cruise.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008 - 11:16:16 PM »
I resurface rotaries. I was almost killed today. Had to file the near hit report. I was almost killed yesteray too, had to file the near hit report, and I was almost killed day before yesterday and had to file the near miss report. I wish people would do their jobs better like the old days.  Today a 3000 lb object broke from a beam clamp and landed inches from me. Safety personell put the beam clamps up for me. totaled my 50k machine.

I just quit my job tonight, licking my wounds and sores and I am driving 1500 miles home tomorrow. They want me to be in Boisie Idaho this weekend. And they dont believe I quit my job today.  Here's a run down of the last 4 days... Fire and almost boom...run run....boom Jib fell off installed by plant personell on second day !!!!!ouch and sore. I was 30 ft in the air hangin. 3rd day beam clamp slipped 4 ft sideways 40 ft in the air and I couldnt move. 600 lbs 1 ft from me and stopped. Today they dropped my very unique machine from another set.   Did I say I am a little upset?

Guys, I don't drink, dont do drugs. But tonight I Grilled a ribeye and some brats on my tailgate in the motel parking lot and a 1/3 of a can of beer. It feels odd to drink. I dont like feeling this way

And when I chill?   I work, I just do some thing else. I dont never stop. I am over 50 , and getting banged around hurts more and more. So tomorrow I chill by driving 1500 miles non stop. Then I will go mow my grass, weed eat and work on my 81 dodge truck I want to fix up. So I stay busy. Last week a motor cycle kicked my but in my shop and I still have meet missing off of my body. The week before that I drove 600 miles straight through the eye of the hurricane in texas. The week before that I was 60 ft in the air on 8 inch beams unscrewing 2 inch bolts and moving rotaries .030 of an inch

Seriously? What's it like to chill?   Am I running from something?  Sorry guys, It's tough on the road with no friends setting here rubbing my wounds...I'll shut up. Im just venting..  I'll go back to being Moparal tomorrow. Right now Im low on gas and my battery is low, so I need to charge myself up. I have never quit a job and im nervous...ALAN

Sorry to crash your post...forgive me

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008 - 11:18:59 PM »
Al, I'm so glad your ok.  :2thumbs: Rant all you want. It's good to get it out. Try to have a good nite. I wish we had a hug smilie.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008 - 12:28:53 AM »
I go outside !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008 - 02:12:39 AM »
What do you do to chill out? Please quote your job with your answer. Leave out the mopars because we can chill there anytime!

Postal worker for 21 years.  I chill by getting on the computer, reading a book or watching some TV.  I like to cut grass when I need to think.  You should see my lawn, it looks like a golf course, I guess I think too much.  :smilielol:
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008 - 02:13:51 AM »
  A ranch run makes my day.
  Wow, what a relaxing picture.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008 - 03:20:22 AM »
Safety and Training Manager, charter motorcoach carrier.

When I'm not hanging here, (and I spend a lot of time here), I like to watch NASCAR or a good movie or read.  I've been working hard lately at losing some weight and have rediscovered the joys of a good walk in the evening.  I used to do a fair amount of hiking and would like to get back into that.  And even though you said not to, if I can work on my car in peace for a significant amount of time, I get a lot of personal satisfaction of seeing little bits of it all coming together.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008 - 03:46:42 AM »
Full-time college student, part-time campus tech/event services crew member...I definitely like chilling after a long day with a beverage that rhymes with deer :lol2: and play some COD4 (Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) on one of my roommate's PS3.  Hopefully I'll be able to change that scenario to messing around with my R/T TT when I get it back together again this weekend. ::)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008 - 04:29:32 AM »
whatch  a movie, have some beers with my wife or friends and when my head is full of BS, I like gardening a lot...
*** Bart ***