Author Topic: Yes!!! on my way home  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Yes!!! on my way home
« on: September 26, 2008 - 04:06:05 PM »
After giving the gm dealership 1607.00 to repair my truck , turn in my rental truck 2 days 120.00, going back out to the plant and cleaning up my area for trash, getting the engineer to sign me off the job completed, checking out of the motel, I am headed for I-29 south in N. Dakota.

It's 3pm and most are about done with their day. I have to drive now 300 miles to Sioux City Iowa,drop off my company truck at the office this evening, pick up a rental car and drive to Omaha , Nebraska tonight, find a motel for the night, then fly home tomorrow. Long day Huh.

I had told the office that I wasn't coming back, but they insisted they rent me the car and plane ticket on their expense and call them Monday for a conference.

Myself, I am not sure of my plans at this time, but will be looking around home for a craft job. I will also buy a ocupational licsense to run my shop and look for a way to start selling hp automotive parts.

It will be tight going from 2500 a week or so to nothing for a while, but I have to do this.

I came close 3 times this week getting myself killed. And also my people around me. I just have to draw the line.

Sure is nice to have high speed internet while driving down the road

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: Yes!!! on my way home
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008 - 04:09:38 PM »
Sounds like a tough way to make a living.  :bricks1:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008 - 04:12:49 PM »
You need to make YOU happy Al.  All the $$$ in the world won't do that.  But remember that the way the world is right now you may want to keep the option open.

Tom :2thumbs:

Stay safe though.
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline AARCuda340+6

• Resident
  • Southern Ontario
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008 - 04:15:14 PM »
Like the old "Saturday Night Live" with Steve Martin "Your One Wild and Crazy guy"

Your doing the right thing.  No job is worth losing your life.
I don't drink either but what you have gone through I'd be out cold by now, hick-up!
:pullinghair:
You can call me RAY or RAYMOND or RAZOR or THE ZOR!
70 AAR Cuda
04 Rumble Bee

Offline sadil340

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008 - 04:48:42 PM »
This forum is a great way to network if you're going to start a HP parts business. And with your reputation the word of mouth should spread quickly. I'll certainly be looking for it!
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

sleepychallenger

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008 - 05:57:37 PM »
Alan,

Good luck in whatever you decide

Drew

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008 - 06:05:27 PM »
That on the road internet thing isn't what its .............CRACKED UP...........to be.   Or is it??              Be safe...there are a lot of crazy drivers out there.
Dave or David

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008 - 06:32:45 PM »
That on the road internet thing isn't what its .............CRACKED UP...........to be.   Or is it??              Be safe...there are a lot of crazy drivers out there.

The modem Im useing is unlimited use.  It is verizon. I use it at home  on my home computorws and on the road. It's faster than any motel internetI use or the same to some.  Bumpy roads mess with my typing though :bigsmile:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008 - 06:40:45 PM »
Hey Alan,

I just dropped in to say Hi :wave: ........... You already know how i feel about your work. :2thumbs:

Look forward to the chat when you get home old mate. :bigsmile:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008 - 06:48:51 PM »
  Allen you have to do what is right for you, earning good money is great and it pays the bills.   :money:

From your experiences listed on the many threads you have posted it is a wonder you don't have a permanent bed in a hospital. Spending alot of time away from family and friends wears a person out, the internet helps but is not that personal.

Take your time about this, are you able to take a day or two to relax. I agree that nobody goes to work to die or even take somebody else out as well. Tough call.

Will be praying for you.   :angelwings:

Aussie Challenger
  David.
Dave

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008 - 07:21:34 PM »
I am sure you will do well , you can`t sit still , I know that  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008 - 07:26:18 PM »
Just make it back safe bro!  We got some mopar w/e's ahead of us when we/I get back!!!

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008 - 08:04:27 PM »
After giving the gm dealership 1607.00 to repair my truck , turn in my rental truck 2 days 120.00, going back out to the plant and cleaning up my area for trash, getting the engineer to sign me off the job completed, checking out of the motel, I am headed for I-29 south in N. Dakota.

It's 3pm and most are about done with their day. I have to drive now 300 miles to Sioux City Iowa,drop off my company truck at the office this evening, pick up a rental car and drive to Omaha , Nebraska tonight, find a motel for the night, then fly home tomorrow. Long day Huh.

I had told the office that I wasn't coming back, but they insisted they rent me the car and plane ticket on their expense and call them Monday for a conference.

Myself, I am not sure of my plans at this time, but will be looking around home for a craft job. I will also buy a ocupational licsense to run my shop and look for a way to start selling hp automotive parts.

It will be tight going from 2500 a week or so to nothing for a while, but I have to do this.

I came close 3 times this week getting myself killed. And also my people around me. I just have to draw the line.

Sure is nice to have high speed internet while driving down the road

:eek2:
Al, your scaring me! Don't surf and drive my friend!

If you need an ear, pm me.

drive safe!

:canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008 - 08:09:03 PM »
I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do Al. I am sure you will do the right thing for you and the Mrs.  :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008 - 10:29:56 PM »
Im in a motel for the night. And very tired. I dont have to be to the airport till 1030 flite at 1130

I let my helper drive while I want to cruise. I got another helper 2 days a  , I dropped him off in Sioux City at 730

Thanks for the support.

I had to leave a lead plant in New York because of unsafe issues. Lead and arsenic. The plant backed me there.