Author Topic: Question for people out of the usa  (Read 1967 times)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: Question for people out of the usa
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008 - 12:01:50 PM »
When I was in Auto shop in vocational school back in the 70's the instructor told us ALL bolts would be metric in a few years, so we'd better learn the system.  :grinno: :lol:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008 - 12:32:24 PM »
When I was in Auto shop in vocational school back in the 70's the instructor told us ALL bolts would be metric in a few years, so we'd better learn the system.  :grinno: :lol:
Back in the '70s we went through the same thing...had to "learn" the metric system in H.S. 
 Our city even put up KPH speed limit signs under the MPH ........all gone now, we Americans are a stubborn bunch....... What they call Imperial we call English or properly SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers),  I believe. 
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008 - 06:17:50 PM »
I think Im going to piggy back all of Kenny's posts with pure Laughter.  :roflsmiley: you're too much.  :drunk:

:bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008 - 07:44:34 PM »
  Yes here in Australia we had the metric system forced on us, those of us who have a few years on them struggled for a while.   :villagers:   You Americians have forced your govt. to put back the introduction of the metric system several times. On paper it looks simpler. 
  I have a couple of 20 gallon oil drums which I just threw older or not needed bolts & nuts into, it helps when working on older real cars.   :thumbsup:
Dave

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008 - 01:21:26 AM »
Metric was forced on us as well , most older people here hate it , wood is still 2X4s & 4 X8 , it is hard to get change to really happen but as I said before  I wish they would pick one or the other not 1/2 & 1/2 , Metric is somewhat simpler but redundant in that the difference in size is not enough to be useful & most tool sets sell partial sets skipping the sizes you always seem to need  :swear:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 71 DEPUTY

• IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT--RAM IT!
    • Cardomain
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008 - 08:11:34 AM »
the big problem in Canada is finding Phillips head screws , everything here is Robertson / square drive , we have to pay a premium to get phillips up here at all

dang silly Philly........... ever try to start a Philly screw and instead drive the screw driver into your hand??????
them and flat suckers I fire off into the garbage!!!! :villagers:   lol--- you can have all mine!!!!