Author Topic: You Might Be a Mopar Fanatic If...............  (Read 2755 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
You Might Be a Mopar Fanatic If...............
« on: September 28, 2008 - 10:19:11 AM »
I have a terrible addiction to Mopars. I just can't help it. I want to be buried in my car. I lay awake at night thinking of ways to convince my wife to let me buy another Mopar that I don't need. I'm on a first name basis with the UPS man. I talk Mopars at weddings, funerals, parties, the office & in my sleep. It's incurable. And here's a few more. Please add to the list if you're an addict!! My name is Matt & I am a Mopar Fanatic. You might be a Mopar fanatic if.....

You have car parts on your desk at work.
When you go house shopping, you are only concerned with the size of the garage.
You can recall every race car driver that ever drove a Mopar.
You have the auto parts store on speed dial.
Your cell phone memory has more listings for automotive/speed shops than friends or family.
You always want to change something on your car to make it faster, handle better.
You call in sick to work to attend a 3 day event Mopar car show.
You spend more time polishing your car than you do bathing.
You own 5-6 cars at a time and 3 -4 of them don't run.
You have enough spare parts to build another car or two.
Your family brings a couch into the garage so they can spend some time with you.
You can't remember when the last time was that you ate a meal that wasn't in the gagage.
People at work accuse you of smelling like Quaker State.
You have owned more Mopars than years you've been driving.
You ask your fiance' if you can register at Pep-Boys, Summit, Jegs & R/T Specialties
The reading material in your bathroom is all car magazines, racing catalogs & books written by famous drivers.
You sit in your car in the dark and make car noises & shift & practice your heel/toe shifting.
You meet the UPS man at the mall parking lot so your wife won't see the big boxes.
Your garage is bigger than your house.
You consider buying tools as a long term investment.
After you tell your wife/girlfriend where you want to go on vacation, she asks, "Why, is there a car show or race there?"
You have a separate room in your house that houses your collection of model Mopars.
You'll buy a Mopar just because "it was a steal" and the guy was gonna crush it!!

OK, lets hear yours!! LOL   :roflsmiley:               

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: You Might Be a Mopar Fanatic If...............
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008 - 11:43:19 AM »
Those all sound correct Except I don`t use Quaker state & I don`t have a wife so no need to sneak in boxes  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008 - 12:01:52 PM »
"You have owned more Mopars than years you've been driving."

"Your garage is bigger than your house"

The two above apply to me, 101 Mopars in 32 years of driving. My barn is easily bigger than my house.

I have a couple more for the list....

Your wife finds old Mopars and tells you where they are.

Friends tell you about every old mopar they see.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008 - 02:10:04 PM »
Good thread.

I brought this subject up a ways back. Here's what I wrote back then.

This is only a reflective self survey for yourself. It doesn't generalize or sterotype Mopar or Car fans in any way. If you have a survey question that you feel would be worth adding please do so..

1. Do you name your pets after cars or engines?

2. Do you constantly rubber neck through back alleys and parking lots looking for Mopars?

3. When you do see a Mopar, do you back track just to go look inside to see what it has?

4. While driving, you see a nice Mopar. You are talking to someone. Do you stop talking to them so you can concentrate on the Mopar you just saw?

5. Your friend says he knows this girl who is a friend of his. He tells you she is built like a brickhouse. He also mentions that he just knows you will both "hit it off when you meet"

You agree to meet both of them this Saturday at the local coffee shop to meet her for the first time at 11 a.m.
   At 10 a.m. your other Mopar buddy calls and says he just found out about a OEM shaker bubble for your car that's for sale. You've been needing it for a long time. You find out that it's only 200 dollars to get it. You know that if you don't get it right now it'll be gone. You call to see if you can delay your get together. But you know that is a bad idea anyway. There is no way or time to reschedule the meeting. You are really stuck now....What do you do?
Keep the get together? 
Chase the rumored Shaker bubble down?

6. You are low on cash, the big show is next month. What you have, really should be spent on bills you owe instead.
Do you pay your bills?
Or do you go to the show?

7. Have you travelled over a 100 miles 3 to 5 times a year just to go to a junkyard?

8.Does your kitchen sink smell like chemicals used on cars?

9. Are there dark foot print paths leading from the garage doorway into the house?

10. Does your mother or wife hate your car?

11. Do you keep spare parts at your parents house or garage?

12. Do you suddenly go off subject during a conversation and start talking about Mopars?

13. Has your hard drive or computer crashed because you had too many Mopar pictures?

If you know that you answered 5 answers that you know indicate that you have a problem with Mopars, We can't help you!!!

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=18283.15
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline duodec

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008 - 11:44:19 PM »
Topcat,
     #13, the machines crash because you're running windows, come on!  Can't have too may Mopar pics. 

My addition:  keep buying mopar-related or relevant dot com domains thinking you'll do something with them someday.  I got "71challenger.com" a while ago (I couldn't believe nobody had registered it) but haven't had time to do anything with it but email... and darned if I don't keep seeing other relevant domains not taken and sometimes pick them up for the same "someday" reasons...

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008 - 01:25:09 AM »
you can spot a Mopar 1/2 a mile away in a field at 70 mph
 You have no place to live but you own a # of Mopars
$100 for a car part is nothing but you think twice about eating cause $10 is too much to spend

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008 - 01:29:54 AM »
Topcat,
     #13, the machines crash because you're running windows, come on!  Can't have too may Mopar pics. 

My addition:  keep buying mopar-related or relevant dot com domains thinking you'll do something with them someday.  I got "71challenger.com" a while ago (I couldn't believe nobody had registered it) but haven't had time to do anything with it but email... and darned if I don't keep seeing other relevant domains not taken and sometimes pick them up for the same "someday" reasons...

Yup I'm stuck with Windows XP. I think I might have 700 plus pics right now. I'm sure there's other here with even more than that.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008 - 10:45:31 AM »
When asked by his teacher what his favorite color was: your 5 year old son says he can't decide between B5 and B7. It is just proof that the disease is in fact hereditary. :clapping:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008 - 10:48:33 AM »
When I was finishing my BA, getting divorced and living in an apartment ( :swear:) I had two fenders, two quarters, a hood, a trunk lid, a header and a tail panel in my bedroom walk-in closet.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008 - 01:39:42 PM »
 :dunno: But name says it all.  :thumbsup:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

sleepychallenger

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008 - 01:47:25 PM »

Your wife finds old Mopars and tells you where they are.

Friends tell you about every old mopar they see.

thats me.

you clean off the kitchen table and find more car parts than anything else
you put mopar t shirts on your newborn just hoping it will sink in
you have multiple mopar tattoos

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008 - 05:09:49 PM »
almost all of the above....my garage is 4 times the size of my house :roflsmiley:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008 - 07:09:33 PM »
When I was single, I actually had an engine in my bedroom. It was a 340 block, .030 over, crank, heads and various other drivetrain components. I lived in a house w/o a garage. What better place for car parts?? :clueless: I mean come on, my coffee table was a couple of cinderblocks and a piece of plywood!! :roflsmiley: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008 - 07:29:14 PM »
My spare bedroom. First five pics from June 2007, last three from September 2008. Whenever company comes over, the door is closed...  :misbehaving:

:working:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008 - 07:58:27 PM »
If you have your friends phone #'s in your cell with their name and name of their car. example:  Eric Dart, Richard Charger