Author Topic: hurtin.....  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Young _Gun

• not mine, but I wish it were
hurtin.....
« on: September 29, 2008 - 08:56:34 PM »
just about everywhere. With the economy going down the toilet, and gas pirces still higher than Cheech and Chong, I don't know how I'm going to be able to build anything, or even think about trying to restore a muscle Mopar in the near future. Besides craigslist and Epay, are there any places/websites I could go to where I could find used, inexpensive parts that are in somewhat decent condition?
I have nothing. go ahead and laugh. but when I get my something, prepare to be awed

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: hurtin.....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008 - 08:58:29 PM »
Besides craigslist and Epay, are there any places/websites I could go to where I could find used, inexpensive parts that are in somewhat decent condition?

Nope.  Here maybe.   ;D

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008 - 09:07:33 PM »
What's cheap? we all have a different idea of the term. buy the best you can afford at the time. Saving pennies cost dollars!
good luck with the hunt

:bigsmile:

:canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Young _Gun

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008 - 09:10:48 PM »
true, but my idea of cheap is inexpensive haha. but hopefully I can find someone who can help me out. anyone?
I have nothing. go ahead and laugh. but when I get my something, prepare to be awed

Offline AARCuda340+6

• Resident
  • Southern Ontario
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008 - 10:40:18 PM »
Maybe try looking for a complete 2nd car the same as what your working on and have one as a parts car only.
I agree it's very expensive to buy all your parts one by one but if you can get all the parts you need from a donor car you'll save a few bucks.  If you have the room to store an extra car but if not...  that's a tough one.
Good luck with your hunt & build.
  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008 - 10:42:49 PM by AARCuda340+6 »
You can call me RAY or RAYMOND or RAZOR or THE ZOR!
70 AAR Cuda
04 Rumble Bee

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008 - 10:48:20 PM »
Make a list of what you need in "parts wanted", it is a very good place to start.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008 - 11:16:39 PM »
What's cheap? we all have a different idea of the term. buy the best you can afford at the time. Saving pennies cost dollars!
good luck with the hunt

:bigsmile:

:canada:
:iagree: this is why i am now buying another flywheel and my project has not even started.

Make a list of what you need in "parts wanted", it is a very good place to start.

this would be a great place to start. wouldnt doubt it if FLMOPARS came back with a list of stuff that you are asking for pretty quickly. she is great to work with.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008 - 09:12:43 AM »
Do I say say hit the swap meets??   I know thats real hit and miss, but I got a great on my tuff wheel at one!!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008 - 09:14:47 AM »
GOOD LUCK !!!!
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008 - 09:24:22 AM »
  This part of our hobby finding the right part at the right price.   :bigsmile:  You get to meet alot of interesting people that you may never have if you hadn't started with your project.
  Make a list of what you want, keep your eyes open. Meanwhile make a start on your project/hobby, don't be tooo adventurous unless you are confindent or know what you are doing, you can get plenty of help on this board. There are many things you can be doing while waiting for that needed part to arrive.   :2thumbs:   :cheers:
Dave

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008 - 09:37:18 AM »
I know a classic muscle car is your desire but for your first build if you went with a 70's or 80's pickup you would find many more to choose from at more reasonable cost & parts are plentiful. Should you come across a car that suites you later on the drive train will transfer.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Young _Gun

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008 - 04:39:28 PM »
thanks for the help so far. I do want to build a classic mopar, and so far your suggestions have sparked several ideas in my head. thanks much!!

Offline inot2old

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008 - 05:30:23 PM »
Have you found a car yet.  You might want to start with an A body, they are usually a lot cheaper than E bodies & you can make nice muscle cars out of them.  Even if you start with a slant 6 car, you can always drop an 8 in it when you get more money.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008 - 05:52:53 PM »
Depends what you are looking for.  I like craigslist.  You can check out the parts locally, makes some new Mopar friends.  Like I said, depends what you are looking for as far as parts go, and of course your location determines a lot of what parts you'll find.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Young _Gun

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008 - 06:27:45 PM »
I was thinking an A body, but now I'm not sure. I do like the Satellite/GTX, but I also like the Cudas too. shoot, I might just get a truck to fix up. that would probably be the most practical for me.