Author Topic: 5.7 hemi conversion kit  (Read 3776 times)

Offline kslush

5.7 hemi conversion kit
« on: October 02, 2008 - 10:17:52 AM »
Does anyone on here have a 5.7/6.1 engine in their car?  What conversion did you use?  Does anyone have an EFI kit on their car?  I can only find the mopar kit, does anyone else make and EFI conversion for the 5.7 into an E-body?

Offline gkring

Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline kslush

Re: 5.7 hemi conversion kit
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008 - 11:05:16 AM »
That is a good thread, but I am looking more for who sells the EFI conversion kit along too?  Does anyone except mopar sell it?

Offline gkring

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008 - 11:41:17 AM »
The Mopar kit is an AEM computer. FAST also sells a programmable computer. www.hotrodlane.cc also sells conversion kits as far as stock based computers and wiring.
Do you want a stock computer based setup or are you wanting to be able to tune it your self for different cams, headwork, notrous, turbo, etc?
The Mopar setup is a very good deal when you consider it has the "correct" throttle body you will want to use and comes setup ready to run. Add the fuel pump, motor mounts, and headers and you are ready to start. Kind of need more info on what you are doing to send you in the right direction. Motor setup, budget, time restraints, etc.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline kslush

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008 - 01:31:55 PM »
Yeah, I am looking more along the lines of the mopar kit.  I definately want to be able to perform the tuning, the idea of getting a flashed "stock" ECU just scares me.  I was looking for one of the vendors that deals with these cars that has any products similar to the mopar setup, but it appears that is the only choice.  There is nothing wrong with it, I was just wondering if there was anything else to compare it to.  I am definately not looking for a generic setup that will make me re-invent the wheel.  Thanks for the info.