Wheel poll for the Cuda

Author Topic: Wheel poll for the Cuda  (Read 4968 times)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
Re: Wheel poll for the Cuda
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008 - 03:24:07 PM »
I like the foose wheels, and I don't think 18's are too big - 18's on these cars look alright.  It's the 20's that start to get weird.

I saw a bunch of cars with 18's at Carlisle - the difference over a 17" is negligible.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008 - 03:24:54 PM »
I think the foose wheels fit the styling of the car as it sits now, if you did some other stuff (as others mentioned) then the V48's would work better, my only concern with the V48's is if you go with a silver (satin finish) there is almost too much (IMO) silver on the side of the car and the wheels might get "lost" in there. Maybe a contrasting color or the top color for the wheel centers would work better?
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline Roppa440

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008 - 04:08:23 AM »
I love the V48's and that's what I'm intending for my Challenger.

I do too. I was just pulling chains on the diameter front.

The V48s/Minilites are THE classic road racing wheel. Used all over Europe too. Not seen very much these days. Big pedagree behind them that seems to be lost on younger people.
Dave
1970 Challenger R/T
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

kudakidd

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008 - 07:08:20 PM »
the Foose, unless you're doing a AAR homage

nivvy

Re: Wheel pole for the Cuda
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008 - 07:12:19 PM »

Offline Jim

Re: Wheel pole for the Cuda
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008 - 09:03:51 PM »
BTW is that a stock length rear end in the car and do you know if the springs have been relocated?

Rear has been narrowed by about 2" per side from what I can tell. Springs have been relocated as well. From what I can tell, no mini-tub. I'll look closer tonight
-Jim
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it. "

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008 - 09:15:07 PM »
I do too. I was just pulling chains on the diameter front.

The V48s/Minilites are THE classic road racing wheel. Used all over Europe too. Not seen very much these days. Big pedagree behind them that seems to be lost on younger people.
:iagree:

The V48's are awesome! Just have that old-school roadrace cool. They might lose a few points in the just looks department, but I really don't like big custom wheels (18" and up) on these cars. I wouldn't go bigger than 17.

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008 - 02:33:09 AM »
I like the Foose wheels better... I like the deep dish appearance on the rears especially.  I too am not a big fan of the mega-diameter wheels, but thats just me and my 2¢ talking.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008 - 03:19:17 AM »
I like the Foose wheels better... I like the deep dish appearance on the rears especially.  I too am not a big fan of the mega-diameter wheels, but thats just me and my 2¢ talking.

:iagree:i personaly like a tire with taller sidewalls.maybe im just getting old but 15's are big enough for me. :2cents:

Offline Jim

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008 - 12:59:23 PM »
:iagree:i personaly like a tire with taller sidewalls.maybe im just getting old but 15's are big enough for me. :2cents:

I'm just completely amazed that I've had this many replies and some old fart hasn't chimed in suggesting that I put Cragars on it. :eek4:

I generally like the old school look, but with modern age performance.

Seriously though, I keep looking at the dollar figure on those Foose wheels and thinking the given the coice I’d much rather have spent it towards go-fast parts. I really like the retro look of the V48s, although maybe not so much on the car as it is currently trimmed out. I guess the V48s don’t have to be my only alternate option.

I’m going to get the suspension under the car, mount the brakes, mount the wheels and put the hood on it. Then I’ll step back to take a hard look, post some pictures to be photochopped, and revisit the subject at that time.

Thanks for all the feedback to this point.
-Jim
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it. "

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008 - 01:48:08 PM »
you should junk all these wheels and put some 14x6 cragars on it

sorry...had to do it

:stirpot: :poopoke:
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008 - 06:52:54 PM »
I'm just completely amazed that I've had this many replies and some old fart hasn't chimed in suggesting that I put Cragars on it. :eek4:

I generally like the old school look, but with modern age performance.

Seriously though, I keep looking at the dollar figure on those Foose wheels and thinking the given the coice I’d much rather have spent it towards go-fast parts. I really like the retro look of the V48s, although maybe not so much on the car as it is currently trimmed out. I guess the V48s don’t have to be my only alternate option.

I’m going to get the suspension under the car, mount the brakes, mount the wheels and put the hood on it. Then I’ll step back to take a hard look, post some pictures to be photochopped, and revisit the subject at that time.

Thanks for all the feedback to this point.

.i never said anything about cragers.i don't even own any cragers.i just said i preferd taller sidewalls,or meatier looking tires.but that is my personal preferance.but between the two choices you give i would chose the foose wheels.they look better with that paint job. :2cents:

does being 46 make me a old fart?

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008 - 06:58:39 PM »
I personally like the torq thrust wheels, just classic. The V48's are cool, but a little busy with all the spokes. If I were building a track car they'd be on it, but for the street I think the torq thrust D's are the way to go, or maybe the new torq thrust M's for a 17" wheel...

Offline Jim

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008 - 07:41:12 PM »

.i never said anything about cragers.i don't even own any cragers.i just said i preferd taller sidewalls,or meatier looking tires.but that is my personal preferance.but between the two choices you give i would chose the foose wheels.they look better with that paint job. :2cents:

does being 46 make me a old fart?

I agree, bigger side walls look better than the o-ring tires on muscle cars. The Cragar comment wasn't a shot at you.

But yeah, 46 makes you and old fart. (you asked)  :grinyes:
-Jim

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008 - 09:56:57 PM »
"But yeah, 46 makes you and old fart. (you asked) "
so that's why my bones ache some mornings. :rofl:but thats ok,8 years will go by really fast for you.then we'll be in the same boat. :stirpot: but you will have 1 nice ride when you get it together. :2thumbs: