Author Topic: Dash pics ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh help  (Read 1707 times)

Offline WVUFELLA

• (OO/---------\OO) closest i could for a 72
Dash pics ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh help
« on: October 07, 2008 - 06:56:10 PM »
hey guys im putting my dash back together and i am stuck ??????? i need some pics of how far back the guage bezel sits in ..... just some general pics of the dash ...... I have a rally dash if it makes a diffrrercne. is there only two srews that hold the gauge cluster in??? thanks in advance

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Dash pics ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008 - 07:29:47 PM »
There are at least 5 screws holding the gauge pod to the dash(good grounding). As for the bezel outside, in my mind I think there are at least 6 screws holding it in there. I'm sorry, but this is the best dash pic I have now.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline WVUFELLA

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008 - 06:49:30 AM »
does the switch panel sit out further than the rest of the dash?? it looks like my switch panel mounts out away from the gauges ??? hopefully whoever had the car before didnt switch out some parts on the dash now i have a incomplete dash???

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008 - 09:06:23 AM »
The switch panel sits flush with the gauge bezel.  I hate to ask a stupid question, but if the switch panel sticks out, are you sure it's a rallye switch panel and not a non rallye panel with a laminate wood cover?  I've had mine (Rallye) in and out several times, and I've never had a problem with getting the switch panel mounted correctly.

Offline WVUFELLA

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008 - 09:19:40 AM »
that must be it ........it must be a non rally switch panel..... oh boy more parts to try and locate ..... thanks alot man  i assumed the jacklegs that had the car before me had the right dash in it..... the rally gauges mount up perfect i guess if i find a rally switch panel  it should mount in their also ??? even if the car was not a original rally dash car???

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008 - 10:10:29 AM »
That is correct.  I swapped my non rallye dash to a rallye dash earlier this year.  All of the mounting holes are the same.  The only difference is in the harness, and then the gauges themselves, but since you already have the rallye dash gauges, you should hopefully not have to change anything.

Offline WVUFELLA

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008 - 11:08:58 AM »
what and where is the difference on the harness??? do you have to cut a bunch of wires???? as of now the gauges all work all that is hooked up and lookin good. im just concerned about the switch panel and those wires hookin up easy

Offline farmertan

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008 - 11:15:14 AM »
i just pulled my dash last week let me know if you need a pic of something
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline WVUFELLA

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008 - 11:29:35 AM »
hey thanks for the pics

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008 - 12:19:10 PM »
If your gauges all work then you are good to go on the wiring.  Do you have a pic of your switch panel, just so we can make sure whether or not you do have the correct one?  As for the switches, it does not matter if you change panels, the same switches work with both panels.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008 - 01:35:57 PM »
Without seeing your switch panel...The problem might only be it wasn't interlocked with the gauge panel. There are 2 places on the switch panel where it slides into the gauge panel.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.