My story..quite funny incl.a burnt audi tt, mint rx 8, Two BARRACUDAS, 65 Chev

Author Topic: My story..quite funny incl.a burnt audi tt, mint rx 8, Two BARRACUDAS, 65 Chev  (Read 1362 times)

Offline 73inCanada

:blah: I already gotton so much help from you guys..i had to find some time to post this one.  Almost unbelievable but check out the pics.  Hello middle age car guy, I have always just bought nicer ones and didnt have time unfortunately to dirty my hands or a teacher to explore my real passion.  Looking forward to a retirement and exploring the world of classics.  I begun that transition some time ago, as I didnt want to be older and trying to find a car and a truck that were not around.  I spotted my 73 Barracuda about 8 yrs ago and followed the guy home and watched were he lived. Yes i am a bit of a car stocker which we all probably are.  Mental note made of the place and description....a small older guy in his 80's.... ;D ka ching.....So years go buy and a have not approached him.  I see it parked there every once and awhile and thats it.  I then fly to vancouver and buy a audi tt (cause no good used ones at my location) It completely burns three weeks later. (see pic)  Then i buy a RX-8 and ride the bus across a few provinces to get one of the first ones in the west of canada.  In the mean time I find my red 1965 Chev custom C-10 (pic included). As i am cruzin I see a Older lady driving a 71? barracuda yellow convertible (rough shape).  Alas another target. :jumping: I follow her home and talk to her.  She yells at me cause she has been bothered so much with notes on the car...etc...She doesnt even give me a look or my car which i was going to use as a conversation piece :crying: I did note that someone has used black tar on the rear 1/4's and looked like sandbags were also in them ??? I went and visited it in the parking lot..hardly ever driven and sat outside every winter (not driven) The car was un touched and she owned it since new (no pics).  Beat this time but i shall return

(2yrs later)  I try (will call it another approach)  Her daughter told me it will go to the grand children although none of the have expressed interest  WTF.... i was able to leave my name number and a promise of cash..the car has since disappeared.  Remember the other barracuda well i begun working by there and approached the old guy who indicated it was in the garage and he does not drive it anymore..After months of a friendship it was sold to me.out of the old garage (but for it fell)..turns out it was roughter then i thought, but i finally got what i wanted..still talk to the guy...he cant believe i got it running and he was happy to sell it....Now i sell my rx8 which i thought i would keep and pocket the cash....i want to spend it on these projects :2thumbs:..my wife has other plans...we have a family of two young ones...so things are on hold, and the lil ones are worth it....no space but i am learning things and always looking for parts.....will leave it at that.......so I may have no new pics on progress for quit some time, but I will be HERE! thx for the help so far. :cheers: :canada:

sleepychallenger

HOLY CARP <- spelled wrong intentionally. what happend to that TT?

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
 A couple of weekends with a concrete mixer and using vanishing cream and that Cuda could look like new.   :faint: 
 At least you have a starting point, start hitting the swap meets and make a list and post on here, somebody will have something for you.   :working:
Dave

Offline ladman

Hey, you're one persistent car guy.  The 'Cuda will definitely be a challenge but then again, "it's not the destination, it's the journey".  Good luck!!   :2thumbs:
'73 'Cuda Pro Street

Offline hezzel

• Matching numbers 383 Magnum ,727 at and 3:23 rear
That´s a nice story  :thumbsup: And good luck in your restoration ... :bananasmi
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid