Author Topic: Removal/Repair - Heat and A/C controls  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Glennster

Re: Removal/Repair - Heat and A/C controls
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008 - 06:28:36 AM »
You've got love an organized rat, wheat on the left, poop on the right. Is there any place those stinking mice can't go?????
I'll try to post a picture of my water valve tonight. I thought is was the O.E.M. valve, the car is a real survivor, maybe the valve didn't survive. It looks pretty clean, must be after market......

Thanks again for the info gentlemen!

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008 - 11:48:29 PM »
If it looks like this it is an aftermarket or possibly later Mopar part but I can't confirm that. On a 70 like you have you should have one like I posted if you want to be correct.

I like the old ones I think they look better  :biggrin:

Lunch

Offline Glennster

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008 - 06:18:39 AM »
That's what mine looks like, I'd say it's official, I've got the after market valve. The hose are red, would the original ones have been black?

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008 - 04:13:20 PM »
Glennster mentioned earlier how to get some oil into the cable for easier motion.  This reminded me of my earlier motorcycle days and a tool I picked up then specifically for this purpose. 

Se it here:  http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/view/cable_luber/

I have pretty much this exact tool.  Don't know if it the right thing to use on these cables, but it's my $.02 anyway.  I didn't order it online if anyone needs one.  I bought it at a local motorcycle/dirt bike shop.

Offline Glennster

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008 - 05:29:58 PM »
I had one of those back in the day....................
My first Motocross race was on April 15 1973 at the Iron Horseman Motorcycle Club in Middlebury Indiana, I was 15, I'm now an Old Fart.
When I first saw that cable lube thing, I had to have one!!! Cables sucked, and a shot of WD-40 helped a bunch.
Thanks for the memories.....................

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008 - 09:00:14 PM »
Glennstar:    I changed out the wire on my '74 with the later water valve set up as shown -- fairly simple.   Cable was like $35 to $40 if I recall.    My cable end by the switchwas bent and too far gone to salvage (got bound up at some point).   Like you, I tired to lube it -- but couldn't get it to work so just replaced it.

Vermont MOPAR
VT MOPAR