Author Topic: Distribution Block help.  (Read 780 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Distribution Block help.
« on: October 14, 2008 - 12:08:15 AM »
My car has the factory disc/drum block on it. I have Wilwood 4 piston calipers at all four wheels. This block shoul work with my system as per Hydrooost and Wilwoods instructions but while trying to bleed the rears we couldn't get fluid back there.
We decided to trace the system from the beginning so we pulled the line that feeds the rear at the block and nothing was comming out. So it seems that port is blocked or froze up.
I seached for one on the internets and only found In-Line Tubes peice. It's almost $100 and made of brass. I could do with a stock replacement especially if it were cheaper. Anybody got a line on these things?

Offline Travis72

Re: Distribution Block help.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008 - 01:29:37 AM »
I've heard that with 4-wheel disc brakes, that you shouldn't run the factory disc/drum block.  In fact some people even recommend deleting the block all together and just running an adjustable proportioning valve.  Then again if Wilwood said it should work, then it should work.

Anyway, since your car is not stock here's another option.  SSBC came out with an adjustable proportioning valve/distribution block.  Pretty slick and you can even get it polished.

http://www.ssbrakes.com/products/detail/5495/?make=Plymouth&model=Cuda&year=1972

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008 - 02:10:59 AM »
no source for the factory blocks that I know of , you can disassemble yours & try to fix it , the biuas will be way off running discs , I use an adjustable proportioning valve in the cars I build

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

sleepychallenger

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008 - 04:01:35 AM »
i went through the wrecking yards and found a bunch in other cars. they seem to work ok.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008 - 11:29:36 AM »
I've heard that with 4-wheel disc brakes, that you shouldn't run the factory disc/drum block.  In fact some people even recommend deleting the block all together and just running an adjustable proportioning valve.  Then again if Wilwood said it should work, then it should work.

Anyway, since your car is not stock here's another option.  SSBC came out with an adjustable proportioning valve/distribution block.  Pretty slick and you can even get it polished.

http://www.ssbrakes.com/products/detail/5495/?make=Plymouth&model=Cuda&year=1972

Travis
72 Cuda

I am going to go that route. That is a pretty cool product.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008 - 01:17:45 PM »
I got it figured out. I made a few calls and it seems the only factory dist. block that will work on 4 wheel disc conversions is the stock 4 wheel drum block.

When I bought the rear kit I told Wilwood that it had drums on it. I was just talking about the rear since I was just buying the rear at the time. I already had the Wilwood 12.9" kit on the front.

Poor communication on my part led me to be confused. The just re-iterates the fact that you should always give TMI.

Lucky for me Mopar Al likes to give parts out. He is sending me a drum car distribution block tat came from Cuda Guys car. Now my car will be that much cooler since it'll have Cuda Guy parts on it!