Author Topic: Fall Fling XIII show/swap pictures, reponse, comments...? Post your pictures  (Read 4318 times)

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Regarding the vert, it's a #'s 340 atuo on the column, tawney gold ext, gold int (mint), gold pinstripe, exec ordered j54 rally hood, ralley guages, pwr windows, pwr brakes, pwr steering, it comes from Bakersfield or there abouts...

Are you a past owner?

Neat car. Might take some time to sell in this market.
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
Special 30th Anniversary Event!
600+ Mopars, 300+ swappers,  50+ manf. midways.
Thrus: Mopar Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway
Fri: Caravan & Cruise
Sat: Mopar Cruise-In

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
Here you go autoxcuda  :2thumbs:  r u local? I'm in La Verne...

http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/forsale/71challconvod/

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Here you go autoxcuda  :2thumbs:  r u local? I'm in La Verne...

http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/forsale/71challconvod/

Local to SoCal, Simi Valley.

So that's your 71 Challenger vert for sale?

Looks like you have Guy's old 68 GTS for sale. That's a nice resto.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008 - 12:18:10 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
Not mine unfortunately, I have my eye on it but i just blew my wad restoring my 71 cuda so no new toys for a while. The car is in central cal but the GTS is in Phelan at Scott's resto shop.

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Not mine unfortunately, I have my eye on it but i just blew my wad restoring my 71 cuda so no new toys for a while. The car is in central cal but the GTS is in Phelan at Scott's resto shop.

So Scott's brokering it? Or advertising it for him?

Julius restored a low mile original paint 340 71 Challenger convertible auto, air, rallye gauges, rallye hood, tips, pw, luggage rack, console... A few years back. But that car was FE5 red with black interior and wide side stripe.  :droolingbounce:

Did you bring your Cuda to Fall Fling yesterday?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008 - 01:29:20 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
I was there with my GF, I do have to say there was not nearly the parts as last years Fall fling, spring fling is a whole other story. I probably be there again in April. I think the spring fling 2 day event draws more people and quality rare parts. I was looking for a deal on a Super bee ram air hood
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
I was there with my GF, I do have to say there was not nearly the parts as last years Fall fling, spring fling is a whole other story. I probably be there again in April. I think the spring fling 2 day event draws more people and quality rare parts. I was looking for a deal on a Super bee ram air hood

Didn't see any airgrabber hoods or just a good deal on one. That's a one year only Super Bee or R/T hood and understructure?? Lot more Plymouth fresh air hoods than Dodges.

Here's a Plymouth one at Fall Fling.

Didn't see a lot of performance hoods for sale. But did see this intake. Those don't grow on trees...

Just curious, did you bring a car for show? If so, why not?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008 - 12:29:44 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline moparnut

• Resident
    • My Photo's
I saw that hood, it was the right year but was royally munched. It would cost more to fix it than its worth. I know where a couple are, but am looking for a deal not to get ripped off.

thanks for showing.
2012 Subaru Forester
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline moparnut

• Resident
    • My Photo's
Also, even if that seller gave me that hood, i would be upside down in the cost to repair it. It wasn't worth saving
2012 Subaru Forester
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline thenuke1

oh kool i didnt notice this thread ... i had already posted in the other fall fling thread so ill repost here and delete over in the other one ...

i took pics and video of 4 sweet looking rides driving in

yeah i did .... i woke up late so i didnt get there as early as i hoped so i had to park across the street ...

i didnt know the entire front parking spaces were for handicaped people ... im not against it but really ? all for handicaped  if i had known i would have walked ... no pun intended... i passed by and both left and right sections had spots open...

other then that .... i had a good time

HIGH POINTS.

the show and shine section.... hands down

i had never seen another 71 challenger in person other than mine so that was kool

great people

great looking cars

lots to see even if your not gonna buy anything

Vedors with great prices ... unbeatable ... put it this way the vendors prices are soo good its like they just want you to have the parts because you need them ... and their were lots of these, doors for challengers & baracudas for 50 bucks just because they didnt want to haul them back home ... wow ... 71 challenger arm rests (one of my buys) 10 bucks for the set... when they got for as high as 75 bucks with shipping ....

LOW POINTS

my dad wasnt able to go. he got outta work at 3 and we went back to see what was left ... he got to see a few rides but not the entire show and shine

Vendors with ridiculous prices ... put it this way ... they jack up the prices knowing that you need the parts ... this was mostly the "big" vedors ... those who had companies running the stand... although those vendors DID have pretty much every nut, bolt, plug, kit, screw, bezel, trunk mat, and plastic dash cover you can think of ... be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for what you want ... but most everyone should expect this at almost any swap meet

didnt find 383 magnum emblems ...

expensive food

ANOTHER POST

Have you ever been to a Spring or Fall Fling before? Do you go to the Pomona or Long Beach swap meets?

Where did you buy most all of the parts to restore your Challenger?

this was my first "Fling" i herd about the spring fling but i didnt attend ... it was a choice between going or working on the restoration we just "finished" it in august ...

most of the stuff i bought was either ebay or craigslist and i when i saw what i wanted i didn't rush into buying i waited til the bid was over then i made an offer..

heres what i bought on these sites all for a '71 Challenger

Complete grille with headlight bezels $300

Tail light lenses set $87

2 Front light trim rings $6

Backseat window weather strip set $12

Left and right window weather strip set $30

Bottom door weather strip set $30

Parking light lense set $60

Driver side outside door handle $40

Velocity cable $33

Flip top "FUEL" gas cap $90

Radiator $180

thats pretty much it... our challenger was over all complete except for those details ...

here are pix !!

i liked these rims

i loved this van when i saw it ... ill show you why

THIS IS WHY ... nice little living room ... badass lol

(OO{+++++++}I{+++DODGE}OO)
     o                               o 
71 Challenger

If its got BOOBS or an ENGINE, your gonna have problems.

Offline MyMopar

Thanks for the pictures.  I found this one to be helpful.  This will be the way I install my engine/trans when I restore my car. :2thumbs:

1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
oh kool i didnt notice this thread ... i had already posted in the other fall fling thread so ill repost here and delete over in the other one ...

i took pics and video of 4 sweet looking rides driving in

yeah i did .... i woke up late so i didnt get there as early as i hoped so i had to park across the street ...

i didnt know the entire front parking spaces were for handicaped people ... im not against it but really ? all for handicaped  if i had known i would have walked ... no pun intended... i passed by and both left and right sections had spots open...

I posted this picture on October 5th right before a post you made. It's shows one parking section for handicap and event staff. And the other lot for spectators. We did have parking on the east (show side) of Woodley Ave after 9:00 am or so. Also in the upper right hand corner of this picture there is a lot that is empty. They let us open that lot up for parking this show too. It's right across from the swap meet section.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008 - 11:08:35 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
General advice... If you are looking for parts you really need to get there near 7am. If you got there after 10am most all the good deals in the swap section were allready had by others.

We did make a major inprovements for this Fall Fling you all will see at Spring Fling...

I don't know if most of you noticed or heard, but we let show cars in at 7:15 am at the same time swappers were coming in. The line for show cars waiting to get in was always shorter than 10 cars long! So... hardly any idling in line to overheat and load up you engines.  :2thumbs:

At next Spring Fling try our best to let show cars in closer to 7am. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008 - 11:44:18 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline thenuke1

oh im not blaming anyone for the parking problem ... i parked across the street ... right across where the show cars go in ... but after i parked i walked up to the dudes directing the parking and one of them said "this is all handicapped" they didnt tell me any other places to park

BUT for spring fling ill do the show and shine for sure.

i had fun and its a great show and i found stuff i needed ...

things that i didnt find which was my fault for not getting there early or perhaps no  one had them were

383 magnum emblems

fuel sending unit

thats it .. we did notice something funny ... i saw a turning signal unit ... for 50 lol our mechanic paid 150 for it .. when he fixed the turning signal problem lol owell

(OO{+++++++}I{+++DODGE}OO)
     o                               o 
71 Challenger

If its got BOOBS or an ENGINE, your gonna have problems.

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
oh im not blaming anyone for the parking problem ... i parked across the street ... right across where the show cars go in ... but after i parked i walked up to the dudes directing the parking and one of them said "this is all handicapped" they didnt tell me any other places to park

BUT for spring fling ill do the show and shine for sure.

i had fun and its a great show and i found stuff i needed ...

things that i didnt find which was my fault for not getting there early or perhaps no  one had them were

383 magnum emblems

fuel sending unit

thats it .. we did notice something funny ... i saw a turning signal unit ... for 50 lol our mechanic paid 150 for it .. when he fixed the turning signal problem lol owell

I think the 71 turn signal might be available from the dealer. Fuel sending units might have just ran out the last couple of years. Check with Westoaks Mopar Perfromance 1-800-748-6118 x255  They are local in Thousand Oaks. 

I'm surprised Mr Moparts, The Mopar Shop, Franks Restoration's, or Layson's didn't have those items.
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016