Author Topic: Hyd TO bearing on Keisler kit  (Read 932 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Hyd TO bearing on Keisler kit
« on: October 19, 2008 - 12:34:43 PM »
I am having a problem bleeding my hydraulic throwout bearing on my Keisler 5 speed kit. The instructions say to mount the resevoir line in front of the pressure line that goes to the bearing.
The only way it can go is opposite of that. The resevoir nipple is NPT and on the bottom. The port ahead of that is a 3/8"s brake line style port and is the same as the pressure line.
When I pump on the clutch it is real soft. It says to put the lines opposite of what they are but they just physically are different. On the part, the NPT threads on the resevoir nipple are on bottom and the pressure line is on the top, the instructions are just saying something totally different than what the part can do.

The only way I can do this is get an adapter for NPT to 3/8" flare and then 3/8" flare to 1/2" NPT (do they even make that?). Keisler, the ports on this are SDRAWKCAB!

Offline somedaysoon

Re: Hyd TO bearing on Keisler kit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008 - 02:20:23 PM »
 If I understand what you are saying right, then you're wrong the opening closest to the firewall  which is the first one is the res. and the one at the bottom goes to the throw out. If you look at the pic you'll see my res. at the top in the first hole closest to the firewall.  Pete

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008 - 02:27:36 PM »
Go fish,
The bleed port does in fact face down. Don't ask me who came up with that design :clueless: It does take a long time to bleed the clutch. I must have pumped the pedal 100 times and also kept trying to bleed it. Leave the cap off of your resivor tank and the air will eventually come up the line. I left the cap off overnight for a couple of days and kept pumping the pedel and it finally firmed up some but still not as much as I would like but it does work.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008 - 09:40:32 PM »
the reservoir line is close the the firewall , the pressure line si at the front which I believe is the way you have it connected , . all they need is a return line out of the brg with a blleder on the end & it bleeds in second , but Keisler has a better idea , it will bleed in a month or so

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t