Author Topic: Please help me figure out how to post pictures  (Read 1663 times)

Offline aarcuda33

Please help me figure out how to post pictures
« on: October 26, 2008 - 01:05:22 AM »
 OK I hate to admit it but I can not figure out how to post a picture . I am pretty much computer illiterate so if someone could help me out with a simple step by step process I would be greatful or tell me where to find it I looked in the help section with no luck.
 :useless:

Thanks guys & gals
 aarcuda33

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: Please help me figure out how to post pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008 - 03:58:23 AM »
The way I do it is to save the pics to your computer. Then when you are making a post you have the blue ADDITIONAL OPTIONS that is just under the box you are typing your post in. Click on it and then go to your pics, double click one and load it in, add additional ones if you want. Pretty easy. The problem I had was that the photos were too big. I downloaded a free pic resizer off the internet and made the pics the right size for this site. Once you do it a couple of times you will get the hang of it. Good luck and I am sure someone else with better instructions  will chime in.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008 - 04:03:44 AM »
Two ways:

Go to the reply page first where you typed that message.

If you have an online photo account at a hosting site like Photobucket, you can link directly to it by copying the URL (website address - you know, http://www etc), then clicking the image button above the smilies (2nd one on the second row), then pasting the URL in between the two [img] boxes.  That will link directly to that photo and the photo will appear in messages as long as the image remains at that site.  You can also use this method to link to a photo on another page if you want to use it as an example of what you're talking about.

The other way is to upload it directly from your computer.  To do that, click the "Additional Options" below the space where you type your message.  The last thing is an option to Attach with a Browse button.  Simply use that to go to the folder on your computer where the image is kept, just as you would with and e-mail message and then post your message.  Two disadvantages with this method is that you are limited in the number of photos per post and after awhile, the server gets full and Ross (69ChargerRT), the Administrator, deletes the older photos.  That's why, when you look at some of the early posts in some of the older threads, you'll find broken photo links.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008 - 05:06:47 AM »
The biggest problem most people have at first is keeping the pics under 300K in size. As mentioned, you can use an image re-sizer to solve that problem.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008 - 05:44:37 AM »

Layman's terms:

When you create or reply to a post (which you obviously have no problems doing), click on the [ + ] Additional Options... link on the left side, just below the text box. Click on the [Browse...] tab and choose from your computer, the picture file you wish to attach to your post by clicking on the file. Then click [Open] and the file should appear next to the [Browse] tab. The picture will now appear in your post on the forum when you hit the [Post] button to finish your message.

:thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008 - 10:54:38 AM »
I use http://imageshack.us/  and my photos don't go away when we get a site cleaning here.

Tom :2thumbs:

You resize the photos when uploading into the imageshack site and then can copy and past them here in your reply.
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline aarcuda33

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008 - 12:14:18 PM »

Offline aarcuda33

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008 - 12:17:36 PM »
 Thanks alot now I just have to learn how to resize my pictures and I could be DANGEROUS.
 The shaker bubble has the only picture I had that was small enough !

aarcuda33

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008 - 02:18:19 PM »
Thanks alot now I just have to learn how to resize my pictures and I could be DANGEROUS.
 The shaker bubble has the only picture I had that was small enough !

aarcuda33

If you want...you can play around down in the "test" board at the bottom on the main page.  Make a post, and see how well you do uploading anything.

Have fun!!   :wave:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.