Any Interest? C-C Group Rate on Cluster Restoration

Author Topic: Any Interest? C-C Group Rate on Cluster Restoration  (Read 26583 times)

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
Re: Any Interest? C-C Group Rate on Cluster Restoration
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2010 - 07:02:12 PM »
yes the woodgrain is new and I "restored" the rimblow myself with a new switch from plumbeeper. Took me a couple hours to remove the old rotted switch which was practically stuck inside the groove all around the inside of the rim. Came out in little bits and pieces...had to be scraped out, and thoroughly cleaned up.
I love the extra thickness of the tuff wheel...a lot more meat in your hand when you grab it, but I love the rimblow too. Probably the most classic of looks.
My ammeter doesnt really work since I did the starter relay bypass. It seems to always read about half way but at least it does something! I was having dead battery problems, and I havent had an electrical issue since the bypass.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline Swedefish66/67

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2010 - 02:20:19 PM »
Has anyone heard from 706pkVert (Mike) recently, thanks Lenny

Offline rallye73

• Model cars for the big boys!!
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2010 - 09:42:42 PM »
Just spoke with him about a week ago about redoing my ashtray. I will probably be talking to him in the next couple of days.
John Moorman
1971 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed (waiting it's turn)
1973 Challenger Rallye 340 4 speed (undergoing full resto)
2003 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 turbo daily driver-been as fast as 11.97et
1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5 speed Nitro-yellow-green (one of 527 built)

Offline Swedefish66/67

« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2010 - 07:01:40 AM »
Thanks, strange he doesn´t respond on my e-mail

Offline Swedefish66/67

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2010 - 11:11:18 AM »
Did I loose $1140 to Mike in this deal? He says he has been trying to ship my instrument cluster, including the bezels, since December 2009 still no cluster. Very hard to make contact with him by e-mail. The last time, I had a friend from FABO who lives in Calif. to call him, he (Mike)said it had been shipped out by UPS but when asking for the tracking# he said that it was still at his place but was going to ship out "tomorrow". This was one week ago.
The plan is to have it shipped to Ben in Calif who after inspection of the cluster would forward it to me in Sweden.
Sorry, don´t know what to do now.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2010 - 07:10:02 PM »
Did I loose $1140 to Mike in this deal? He says he has been trying to ship my instrument cluster, including the bezels, since December 2009 still no cluster. Very hard to make contact with him by e-mail. The last time, I had a friend from FABO who lives in Calif. to call him, he (Mike)said it had been shipped out by UPS but when asking for the tracking# he said that it was still at his place but was going to ship out "tomorrow". This was one week ago.
The plan is to have it shipped to Ben in Calif who after inspection of the cluster would forward it to me in Sweden.
Sorry, don´t know what to do now.

From one who has had a recent scare for roughly half the amount you post, get in touch with him asap. He was upfront with me and I had no problems whatsoever. Hopefully it is a misunderstanding and you will soon get your cluster. 6 months is a LONG time to wait for a part.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Swedefish66/67

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2010 - 11:53:50 AM »
Fact is I´m starting to loose the hope for this deal.
Btw, I checked in on Mikes profil at C-C.com today and noticed that he was active on Cuda-Challenger.com as of this morning.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010 - 12:34:08 PM by Swedefish66/67 »

Offline 706pkVert

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2010 - 02:34:17 PM »
Hi Lenny,

You are not out anything. You cluster is being shipped to your friend in California today. I'll email you the tracking number.

I understand your frustration and I have frustrations as well. We sent the package out to you twice via USPS and both times was returned to sender due to a non-deliverable address according to the post office. The 2nd return of the package resulted in damage to the gauge cluster. I had to supply replacement parts, re-do some of the work and eat the $200 worth of shipping for the back and forth game. This has been the delay.

I have kept regular emails with you regarding the status.

I did drop the ball last week on shipping the package out. We were is a real rush to get ready for out trip to Minnesota for the Mopars in the Park event.

PS. all of your emails to me go directly into my spam folder, not sure how to solve that problem.

Thanks
Mike

Offline Swedefish66/67

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2010 - 02:38:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Mike
You´ve got a PM.

Offline Swedefish66/67

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2010 - 12:21:14 PM »
Hi Lenny,

You are not out anything. You cluster is being shipped to your friend in California today. I'll email you the tracking number.

I understand your frustration and I have frustrations as well. We sent the package out to you twice via USPS and both times was returned to sender due to a non-deliverable address according to the post office. The 2nd return of the package resulted in damage to the gauge cluster. I had to supply replacement parts, re-do some of the work and eat the $200 worth of shipping for the back and forth game. This has been the delay.

I have kept regular emails with you regarding the status.

I did drop the ball last week on shipping the package out. We were is a real rush to get ready for out trip to Minnesota for the Mopars in the Park event.

PS. all of your emails to me go directly into my spam folder, not sure how to solve that problem.

Thanks
Mike
Still no trackin#
Try with to add me to your contact list. Does all your e-mail from your customers end up in your spamfolder?

Offline Swedefish66/67

« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2010 - 03:05:58 PM »
Mike, I haven´t got any tracking# for the shipping of the instrument cluster yet as of Monday 14th of June. If the cluster has not arrived to Ben by Friday this week, I´m going to go public with how you treat your customers. I´ll register on as many sites as possible to spread the word. Sorry to be forced to do it this way but you leave me no choice.  /Lenny
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010 - 03:59:07 PM by Swedefish66/67 »

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2010 - 04:06:56 PM »
Sounds like we won't be dealing with this guy because of all of these posts anyway. Thanks for the info SwedeF--7
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline 706pkVert

« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2010 - 04:30:39 PM »
You know what? Lenny has not called our telephone number once. I emailed him the tracking number the day I said I would. He never received the emails for some reason and his emails to me go directly to spam. We have had email problems with him all along, nothing new there.

We have a superb reputation thoughout the hobby for quality and customer service.

Lenny, I do not appreciate what you are doing here. We have given you a great service and have followed through with the tracking number. The package was sent on June 8th via UPS, TRACKING NUMBER K1471673321

Thanks

Offline 706pkVert

« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2010 - 04:40:09 PM »
Tracking shows the package is out for delivery today.

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2010 - 09:38:48 PM »
Sounds like we won't be dealing with this guy because of all of these posts anyway. Thanks for the info SwedeF--7
That's not a very appropriate response.  I had Mike do a dash and restore the plastic bezel for my brother-in-law's 66 Charger, and it came out very nice.  He was very pleasant to deal with.  The biggest problem he seems to have revolves around his email spam scrubber, so I ended up doing most of the business over the phone, and I have absolutely no complaints. 

No matter how diligent a person is, there will always be someone who has complaints (justified or not).  To make this statement based on one person's review is not nice.  What ever happened to taking care of this stuff through PMs, or better yet, over the phone.  If I ever come across another project dash in the future, I will send to Mike, again.