Author Topic: reproduction hood hinges help needed  (Read 1943 times)

Offline 70 rtse

reproduction hood hinges help needed
« on: November 04, 2008 - 10:20:18 AM »
Any one out there know how good the  reproduction hood hinges are i need to know if i am better of getting mine re done by sms or buy the repros can any one help me?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008 - 10:47:11 AM by 70 rtse »

Offline Chlngrcrzy

Re: reproduction hood hinges help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009 - 07:49:22 PM »
Anyone? :popcorn: :popcorn: :bigsmile:

Offline fletch

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009 - 04:44:45 AM »
Hey Guys,
Just received a set of AMD ones.
I haven't fitted them yet, but the quality of them seems very good.No sideways flex,no slop in the rivets & the stampings are very good.
I've never bought AMD hinges before,but have purchased other aftermarket hinges for some of my other cars & these ones look a lot better than those.

Hope this helps
Craig
Craig
1970 Cuda
1970 Challenger
1970 Mustang
2004 Falcon Ute

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009 - 09:19:56 AM »
I have the AMD hinges on my car and they work very well. They are very tight and there were not fitment issues. One of the few bolt on parts for my car that actually just bolted on.

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009 - 10:49:23 AM »
Thanks guys. I gotta do something, AMD is probably where i will go. :2thumbs:

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009 - 09:42:45 PM »
we have sold both the goodmark and the amd, goodmarks dont have the spring and move freely, where as the AMD hinges do, only issue that i have had with the AMD hinges is that BEFORE you paint, test the hinges. take a thin penetrating oil and spray the pin area and work the hinge, as we just used them and bent one of their shaker hoods. Problem we found is that when they were assembled its like really small steel shot in between the plates at the rivet points, very bad and makes the hinges extremly tight. we discount to members if your interested.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=hood+hinge&search_in_description=1
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

wagesofsin

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009 - 09:57:35 PM »
we have sold both the goodmark and the amd, goodmarks dont have the spring and move freely, where as the AMD hinges do, only issue that i have had with the AMD hinges is that BEFORE you paint, test the hinges. take a thin penetrating oil and spray the pin area and work the hinge, as we just used them and bent one of their shaker hoods. Problem we found is that when they were assembled its like really small steel shot in between the plates at the rivet points, very bad and makes the hinges extremly tight. we discount to members if your interested.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=hood+hinge&search_in_description=1

:scared:

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009 - 10:06:30 PM »
Dude I was oh so not happy at that point when i found out my body guy buckle a shaker hood,I told him to work the hinges but he forgot and jerked the hood down hard, ironically I talked to AMD about a week before hand and told them they may have an issue and that they better address it quickly before something goes wrong, well guess what I ate my own words, sure enough we soaked them down and found the steel shot beads in their again and lubricated liberally and hmm now they work great, AMD did send me a replacement hood,
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

wagesofsin

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009 - 07:36:32 AM »
Dude I was oh so not happy at that point when i found out my body guy buckle a shaker hood,I told him to work the hinges but he forgot and jerked the hood down hard, ironically I talked to AMD about a week before hand and told them they may have an issue and that they better address it quickly before something goes wrong, well guess what I ate my own words, sure enough we soaked them down and found the steel shot beads in their again and lubricated liberally and hmm now they work great, AMD did send me a replacement hood,

:woo: (on the replacement that is)

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009 - 08:28:43 AM »
 :iagree:   Now that's customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009 - 08:48:03 AM »
But would they do that for a 3rd party customer (say I bought a set through a distributor and the same thing happened to me)?  I will be in the market for a new set in the near future, and that just plain scares me.  Seems like a product defect if they don't work correctly out of the box.  Please let us know when they resolve the QC problem.

Offline femtnmax

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009 - 10:01:01 PM »
I installed the AMD hood hinges.  We lubed them, and went up/down with the steel hood to work the lube into the hinges.  No problems.  The fit and function were near perfect. 
Had to file a flat area just slightly to allow the right side to close fully, but that could easily have been just an issue with my car; the entire right side of my car was welded very poorly...I should say welds were missing at almost all lighter sheet metal where it attached to roof supports,subframes, inner fenders, etc.
Phil