Author Topic: You know what I hate?  (Read 4999 times)

Offline jeryst

• Resident
You know what I hate?
« on: November 05, 2008 - 09:37:40 PM »
When someone makes an accusation, then the thread gets locked, and the accused doesnt have the chance to defend himself.  :swear:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: You know what I hate?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008 - 09:52:56 PM »
I noticed that. Bums me out too, but I'm jsut glad to know that there are still people who aren't afriad to speak the truth even when they get called a racist for doing so.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008 - 09:59:24 PM »
Hey dude, don't sweat it. I think most people, unless they are intellectually dishonest, knew exactly what you meant.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008 - 10:05:57 PM »
Personally, I only hate one thing.

Nuts of any kind in ice cream.

Nuts in cookies too.

Well, OK, so I hate two things.

Nuts by themselves are fine - just ask me. I am fine.

:roflsmiley:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008 - 10:12:01 PM »

When someone makes an accusation, then the thread gets locked, and the accused doesnt have the chance to defend himself.  :swear:

I have to agree, somethings get locked way too early, it's definitely not a free speech board. But that is a good thing but they do need to relax the laws around here IMO. Healthy debates are almost arrestable at times, not a good thing. I had a thread locked by Ross (flags), offered numerous times on how it's done, wanted updates, put some smiles, over 2 months later nothing and he locked it on me, not once a thanks for the help in offering him info on how it's done. Oh well, no loss for me........................we need REV back.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Young _Gun

• not mine, but I wish it were
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008 - 10:19:15 PM »
yea, when I made that statement about Pres. elect Obama getting shot, I was speaking in terms of harsh reality and serious doubt, not racism. I cannot vote myself, but I keep track of what's going on, and get angered when I see something wrong and can't do anything about it, because I'm only 17. I do NOT have anything against Pres. elect Obama except his policies, and I do not wish any harm against him.
 :wavingflag:
I have nothing. go ahead and laugh. but when I get my something, prepare to be awed

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008 - 10:26:25 PM »
I must of missed the lock :dunno:

Offline lumpy

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008 - 11:38:07 PM »
It'a all good :2thumbs: Who the heck was that guy anyway?? :dunno:

Offline farmertan

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008 - 11:40:25 PM »
you know what they say never talk religion or politics with your friends and youll keep em. his coments didnt deserve a lock its the truth just ask the kids who got arrested for planing an attack on o, sadly its something they have to deal with.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008 - 11:58:03 PM »
You know what I dislike?  I don't like political, racial, gun control, abortion,    :blah:    :blah:    :blah:   hot button subject matter being posted on this forum.   :grinno:   I VERY RARELY respond to these threads here, although I have my beliefs too.  It's just that this is not the forum for theological discussions.  These subjects never end well in this community. Always end up hurting someones feelings and ultimately the thread gets locked. These threads always boil down to 2 sides re-hashing the same old tired arguements.    :horse:   Neither side is going to change anyones mind anyway.  As far as the election, whats done is done, it is what it is.    :wavingflag: 

Just because there are no open postings in a thread asking for deletion or locking, doesn't mean the mods don't get plenty of PMs and e-mails asking for this non-Mopar related stuff be stopped.  There are PLENTY of places on the web that thrive on these type of discussions.  Can we please just get back to Mopars and bad cars? 

As far needing REV back -- as far as I know, she is still a welcome member here and a global moderator, free to come and go, with all the powers she ever had.  I too miss her on this board.  But what we really need is to take these theological/political discussions somewhere else.     :2cents:   
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008 - 12:13:22 AM by Oldschool »
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008 - 12:13:52 AM »
You know what I dislike?  I don't like political, racial, gun control, abortion,    :blah:    :blah:    :blah:   hot button subject matter being posted on this forum.   :grinno:   I VERY RARELY respond to these threads here, although I have my beliefs too.  It's just that this is not the forum for theological discussions.  These subjects never end well in this community. Always end up hurting someones feelings and ultimately the thread gets locked. These threads always boil down to 2 sides re-hashing the same old tired arguements.    :horse:   Neither side is going to change anyones mind anyway.  As far as the election, whats done is done, it is what it is.    :wavingflag: ......  
I agree, I'd rather talk about cars......
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline lumpy

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008 - 12:47:27 AM »
Some people find Politics interesting, other people don't. It's just like anything else. It is interesting to hear other people's opinions, but when it comes down to it, "it just dosen't matter" (movie quote)

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008 - 05:10:32 AM »
You know what I dislike?  I don't like political, racial, gun control, abortion,    :blah:    :blah:    :blah:   hot button subject matter being posted on this forum.   :grinno:   I VERY RARELY respond to these threads here, although I have my beliefs too.  It's just that this is not the forum for theological discussions.  These subjects never end well in this community. Always end up hurting someones feelings and ultimately the thread gets locked. These threads always boil down to 2 sides re-hashing the same old tired arguements.    :horse:   Neither side is going to change anyones mind anyway.  As far as the election, whats done is done, it is what it is.    :wavingflag: 

Just because there are no open postings in a thread asking for deletion or locking, doesn't mean the mods don't get plenty of PMs and e-mails asking for this non-Mopar related stuff be stopped.  There are PLENTY of places on the web that thrive on these type of discussions.  Can we please just get back to Mopars and bad cars? 

As far needing REV back -- as far as I know, she is still a welcome member here and a global moderator, free to come and go, with all the powers she ever had.  I too miss her on this board.  But what we really need is to take these theological/political discussions somewhere else.     :2cents:   

"Touche"  or however that should be spelled.
Thanks for the sanity check OS.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008 - 11:55:31 AM »
I agree, I'd rather talk about cars......

:iagree: :horse: :drama:  <- I've been WAITING for an excuse to use that smiley - I love the look on his face...  :)
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008 - 12:22:07 PM »
I think off topic discussions are fine.  Just keep them in off topic.  I love looking at some of the posts and thinking "can someone really believe that?"  I understand that you can't let the board turn into a troll site like some boards, but as long as no one gets too out of hand, I say let it go.  I'm a big boy now and can fend for myself. 

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica