Author Topic: You know what I hate?  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: You know what I hate?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008 - 01:53:55 PM »
Since this Post says

You Know What I Hate?

I'm going to add this

We have a member here that came to my house to have a job done.  He needed a few parts delivered here from a couple of venders.
Dave at roseville did everything right and next day aired everything right on time

ANOTHER vender in a link off of here sent a very special and needed bracket. And he said it would be here the day we needed it. It has been a week now past the job. No part ever showed up. My friend said they didnt show a tracking number, now my friend says that when he talked to them, yesterday,they said it had came back and didn't give proof with the tracking number that they even shipped it. They have did this twice now.

I am hoping my friend will see this post, and tells everyone the name of this guy and his business. It is not my place to say, but I am watching like a hawk to see if this guy trys any group buys or specials here. I'll jump his bones. This certain part missing may and could of caused some serious damage.

This is what I hate.    People who dont live up to their word....They suck!!

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008 - 02:54:07 PM »
Anchovies :eek4:

:bigsmile:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008 - 02:55:48 PM »
Squishy okra :bigsmile:

Offline KZ

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008 - 03:50:02 PM »
This forum is supposed to be about MOPARS!

Can't we PLEASE just leave our political and personal opinions/biases out of this site? We all have our own valued opinions about anything and everything under the sun, I came to this website specifically to learn more about my car and what others like myself (who own and love their Mopars) were doing with their cars as far as restoring, repairing, etc. Not to discuss politics, gov't, sports, etc. There are plenty of other sites on the WWW for that. Let's keep this forum focused on our vehicles and helping each other out with Q's about those vehicles. OK?

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008 - 03:53:10 PM »
I still hate certain foods, rusty bolts, flat tires, and bad venders.  .................................................

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008 - 04:13:50 PM »
I hate dumb people.

Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008 - 04:23:15 PM »
Squirrels that climb up into my engine bay and poop everywhere.   :stomp:   :stomp:   :stomp:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008 - 06:21:25 PM »
You know what I hate? Intellectual dishonesty  :bigsmile:  Yes it is my new word of the week. Oh and I also hate getting calls from telemarketers  :sadwavey:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

nivvy

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008 - 06:33:43 PM »
Squirrels that climb up into my engine bay and poop everywhere.   :stomp:   :stomp:   :stomp:

LMAO.....

go to yellowbullet.com they have a thread specifically for politics and its a WIDE open thread and nothing ever gets locked in those areas...... it gets nasty in there  :scared:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008 - 07:06:10 PM »
LMAO.....

go to yellowbullet.com they have a thread specifically for politics and its a WIDE open thread and nothing ever gets locked in those areas...... it gets nasty in there  :scared:

That is why debate on hot button issues is restricted here..   :cheers:   Many, many folks make this their internet home and the family style, non-arguementative atmosphere, are what makes C-C the great place that it is.  These emotional issues ALWAYS end up offending someone here and feelings get hurt.  These issues are fun to debate, just not on his forum.  Look at it like this:

I will use law enforcement and rioting as an example.  When a riot is in the very beginning stage, if law enforcement would act, much distress could be avoided.  It seems they always wait until 12 city blocks are destroyed, looting, and violence is everywhere before they start getting it under control.  The regular folks always want to know why they waited so long to act.  People should not have to lose their businesses, homes, or lives before something is done.  The mods here try to be PROACTIVE here concerning these issues.  I will lock/delete an emotional issue BEFORE the bad stuff occurs and folks get hurt feelings.  If that is too strict, fine.  Go find somewhere else to have your debates.  If you must make an emotional point to a member here, use the PM function and handle it off of the public forums. I will work to keep this community at the high standard that has been set by the creators/previous mods.  Their hard work will not be for nothing.  This site is the best due to the standards that have been set here.  The bar is high here, but that is what makes this place a cut above the rest.  You can come here and feel right at home.  I for one, do not want this great place to become like all the rest of the car forums with e-thugs flaming folks about their beliefs. 

Carry on...    :cheers:     
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008 - 07:15:06 PM »
One of my friends belongs to a tropical fish forum.  The mods there lock political topics as soon as they appear.  We're blessed to have the mods we do that allow spirited debate to go on until it's obvious that the discussion is about to make the jump from passionate to offensive to someone.  I, for one, thank all the mods for the work you do.   :clapping:  :cheers:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline lumpy

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008 - 07:33:48 PM »
 :iagree: They don't even allow them on DC.com

I hate spiders and other Arizona critters, like these Tarantula Wasps...

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008 - 07:37:58 PM »
Yeah those big ole wasps will make you cringe  :scared:  One scary thing I have seen does not happen very often and in fact I have only witnessed it twice. Around here there are black ants and the not so common red ants. Once in a great while they will have this huge flying ant war between species. Huge groups of ants meeting in the air and falling to the ground in a strange mortal combat type behavior. I dont know what makes so many of the ants sprout wings but it is an awesome sight.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008 - 07:42:10 PM »
You know what I dislike?  I don't like political, racial, gun control, abortion,    :blah:    :blah:    :blah:   hot button subject matter being posted on this forum.   :grinno:   I VERY RARELY respond to these threads here, although I have my beliefs too.  It's just that this is not the forum for theological discussions.  These subjects never end well in this community. Always end up hurting someones feelings and ultimately the thread gets locked. These threads always boil down to 2 sides re-hashing the same old tired arguements.    :horse:   Neither side is going to change anyones mind anyway.  As far as the election, whats done is done, it is what it is.    :wavingflag: 

Just because there are no open postings in a thread asking for deletion or locking, doesn't mean the mods don't get plenty of PMs and e-mails asking for this non-Mopar related stuff be stopped.  There are PLENTY of places on the web that thrive on these type of discussions.  Can we please just get back to Mopars and bad cars? 

As far needing REV back -- as far as I know, she is still a welcome member here and a global moderator, free to come and go, with all the powers she ever had.  I too miss her on this board.  But what we really need is to take these theological/political discussions somewhere else.     :2cents:   

:iagree:

AMEN ! Keep the political BS out of here. There are plenty of places to talk politics on the net, but not here. I come here to read and talk about MOPARS and my favorite mopars at that, Cudas and Challengers.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2008 - 07:44:17 PM »
I don't see a problem with having a spirited debate about topics other than Mopars, after all that's why this section is called OFF TOPIC! As long as it doesn't get to the point where feelings get hurt or it gets out of hand I don't think it's a problem, and the Mods are doing a great job of staying on top of things.  As for the people who think we shouldn't discuss anything BUT Mopars I would suggest you don't click on any topic in the Off Topic forum that doesn't have anything to do with Mopars. Simple solution, problem solved! I don't believe anyone is standing over you with a big stick making you read these topics, you're doing it to yourself. I've had topics I was involved in locked and I don't mind if it is getting out of hand, but I have certainly learned things from these Non-Mopar topics too.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda