Author Topic: Man, I really appreciate CC.Com.  (Read 1541 times)

Offline LAA66

Man, I really appreciate CC.Com.
« on: November 06, 2008 - 09:08:29 PM »
 After two days of trying to get information on the loose front wheel bearings on the quad, no one at this ATV website has a real or concerned answer. It's like they only want to douse you or prove their being. I'm new there and maybe an easy target but sheeeez.  >:(

I was never treated that way as a Newbie here and just wanted to say thanks to all for a great forum.  :2thumbs:

nivvy

Re: Man, I really appreciate CC.Com.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008 - 09:19:59 PM »
After two days of trying to get information on the loose front wheel bearings on the quad, no one at this ATV website has a real or concerned answer. It's like they only want to douse you or prove their being. I'm new there and maybe an easy target but sheeeez.  >:(

I was never treated that way as a Newbie here and just wanted to say thanks to all for a great forum.  :2thumbs:

the chat room is funny as carap though... come there if you want a laugh or 2..... mek is funny as keck   :smilielol:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008 - 09:50:46 PM »
I wont never bash you :2thumbs:

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008 - 09:56:24 PM »
 :2thumbs:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline LAA66

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008 - 10:06:02 PM »
 I can take a hit Al. :lol: I think the're just some rowdy offroaders which I'm ohhh to used to sitting by the camp fire.  Must be getting older and less amiable. :roflsmiley: 

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008 - 10:08:23 PM »
That is one of the main things I liked when I first came here. There always seems to be one or more site "bullies" that get off on making the new guys look stupid or are always getting on people for something or another. I love that e-thuggery is not allowed here.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008 - 10:11:15 PM »
Yeah this place is pretty cool!   :grinyes:

Offline LAA66

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008 - 10:26:10 PM »
 Now getting some good some decent advice on the ATV website. Maybe a few "howdy" posts on my part before asking for help would have been appropriate.  :dunno:

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008 - 01:42:41 AM »
Hey, even if they aren't Mopars, you can always ask here.  I wouldn't hesitate to ask a question about mine.

What do you ride?  Ever get to Ocotillo Wells or Glamis?
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008 - 01:50:31 AM »
I like this site because if you ask a questions you don't get the responses like "already covered X months ago" nothing more, no pointing in the right direction just someone with more posts craming it down your throat because they remember it and you don't.

We also shy away form all the abbreviations  :2thumbs:

Lunch

Offline 1ownr

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008 - 06:52:06 AM »
LAA66, son of 1owner here.  I ride and I'm on atv forums all the time.  First off, I would assume loose front wheel bearings would simply mean they're shot.  Could also mean loose lugs or a loose nut.  Pick up a manual and replace them, they're fairly cheap.  I'm not sure what forums you hit up, but I'm on exriders.com.  There you can find tons of good info based on what you ride.  Also, some people get irritated when people pop in with a question without first doing a search.  Do the search.  If you don't find anything that really pertains to your situation, state that in your thread.  aka...I've got loose front wheel bearings, my search came up with nothing.

So.....what do you ride??

Jesse

Offline LAA66

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008 - 09:56:17 AM »
 Never been out to Glamis or Ocotillo Wells. I hear the sand dunes are pretty fun. Not too many quad friendly (or any offroad) areas nearby. I hit Pismo once in a while but mainly stay on a 1200 acre ranch I caretake. I take my KDX200 up to Clear Creek or Pozo.

My bike is an 06 Sportsman 500EFI. Kind of heavy for the dunes but really a smooth ride on the fireroads. I did do a search but couldn't make sense of the threads so asked the question. Later on in the thread I recieved a part number for the front wheel bearings along with other info from some helpful guys. :thumbsup:

What do you guys ride?
Jon

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008 - 12:03:30 PM »
I have a Honda 300EX Sportrax and my son's ATV is a Suzuki LT80.  We don't ride that often.  Glamis is a bit of a long haul (3 hours drive) and my son's quad doesn't handle that well in the dunes - not enough power.  We don't have a trailer, so we have to stay with my brother-in-law when he goes.  I kind of got away from tent camping a few years ago when it started to hurt to sleep on the ground.  Plus, I hate getting out of bed when it's freezing cold. 

We go out to Ocotillo Wells a few times a year, because it's more fun for both of us since it's mostly hardpack.  It's also an hour closer, so we can make a day trip out of it.  I've been thinking about selling them because we ride them so little and because I'm using my storage shed for Challenger parts, so they're outside - covered, but outside.  But we went to Ocotillo this past weekend and now I'm considering keeping them.  My son goes back and forth.  He'd sell 'em in an instant if we got a buggy to replace them. :burnout:

We've been thinking about visiting my Dad in Santa Maria and bringing our ATVs along and making a side trip to Pismo, maybe next summer.  If we keep the quads and decide to do it, I'll contact you and see if you want to meet up.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008 - 05:03:23 PM »

(What do you guys ride?)

I got me but kicked by a little tiny blue bike a few weeks ago. The cuts just healed.   It was only this big   l   but it hurt :bigsmile:
                                                                                                                                               l
                                                                                                                                               l

Offline 1ownr

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008 - 07:42:18 PM »
I've got an '88 Honda 250r.  Just finished up rebuilding her top to bottom.  Took it right down to the frame, had it gussetted and painted.  Every bushing, bearing and seal has been replaced.  New suspension and rear axle.  Motor was rebuilt top to bottom and now sports a fully ported and polished 330.  She's quick.  Smoked a couple 450's, couple Banshees and whatever else was in the pit that day.

Jesse