Author Topic: 29 years late .... r  (Read 103508 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: 29 years late .... r
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2009 - 09:07:37 PM »
 :roflsmiley:   a life size diecast    good one

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #361 on: November 27, 2009 - 05:27:58 AM »
my has been a life size diecast for most of the 30 years I have had it , it was last reghistered 13 years ago before I took it apart

What are we at ...., day 8 I think , short day again today , didn`t get started until late !
Not much to add today , dropped the engine off last night , went back today to get a pushrod measurement which I got just before I realized my rockers do not fit under the factory covers ,so now I need to buy or trade for steel adjustable rockers that do fit like the Comp Pro Magnum or Crane Iron

I did get the carpet fitted & the seat belts back in as well as putting the insulation down under the carpet & installed the plastic inner 1/4 panels & the dome light assy , also installed the door seals , re-used the originals as they were in that good condition , installed most of the rubber bumpers on the body , sill plates & kick panels go in next . :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2009 - 04:10:07 AM »
Day 9-10
 the interior is virtually complete now , had to track down some hdw to mount the drivers mirror so now I can get the door together , I have the streeging column out still until the K frame is installed & I left out the drivers seat until the column is in place
 started to assemble the engine & realized I am missing almost all the bolts for it as I did not strip the old engine down so I located most of the bolts I need , valve cover , engine mount to block , intake bolts , end rail bolts , oil pump bolts , still need to locate my oil pump pushrod & make a steel fuel line from the pump to the vapor separator
 So now I will get the engine mounted onto the K frame & bolt on the belhousing & tranny & then finish assembling the engine while I wait for my rocker arm to come so I can measure the pushrod length

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #363 on: December 09, 2009 - 07:40:59 AM »
Sounds like you are making good progress   :2thumbs:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #364 on: December 09, 2009 - 08:40:18 PM »
Any pics and details on your engine?

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #365 on: December 10, 2009 - 04:04:19 AM »
no pix , it has been in the -20--30* range , kinda hard on the camera freezing it up  in the truck
 I had a terrible evening tonight , everything I touched failed , tried to make a 6" fuel line from the pump to the vapor seperator & I think the tubing is flawed , every single flare I made went off center like the tube was harder or thicker on one side , it took me 4 pieces of tube & close to 30 flares to get it right .
 Then bolted on the engine mounts onto the block &  I set my engine into the K frame which went ok but I couldn`t maneuver it off the engine hoist onto the dollies , probably took close to 1 hr to get it off the hoist.
Then I slide the trans into place only to find 1 quasi stripped hole in the bell so off it came , I will Helicoil it in the next day or 3 when it is actually fit to go outside again .
 I then installed the spark plug wire holders & shields , mounted the oil pump now that I have the right bolts & mounted the exhaust manifolds onto the engine , on the last nut I tighten up the stud breaks off inside the head so off comes the manifold , Thank God it was not in the car at this point !! I drill out the stud , heat it up & gently back the piece out of the head with an easy out without damaging the threads , install a new stud & re-install the manifold . I finished off by painting my Alternator brakets & spacers , crank & water pump pulleys & the bolts for the valve covers , intake end rails & fuel pump .
 I still cannot locate my brand new fuel pump pushrod , I have 3 of them but I have no clue where they got put  :banghead:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #366 on: December 10, 2009 - 12:47:40 PM »
Sounds like even with the set backs you're still moving forward.   :clapping:

Neil, I pulled the engine / trans on my Challenger last night.  I'm hoping to have it on the rotisserie within a week.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #367 on: December 11, 2009 - 01:32:28 AM »
I missed a few things when I was going through everything last winter I guess , it eats up a lot of time but you push through the problems anyway .

I am gald you are getting you car apart Cody , did you drop the drivetrain out the bottom as well ?

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #368 on: December 11, 2009 - 09:28:02 AM »
I pulled it out from the top.  It wasn't to hard, but I'll put it back on from the bottom.  The way things are going, it might be on the rotisserie this weekend! :jumping:

I am gald you are getting you car apart Cody , did you drop the drivetrain out the bottom as well ?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #369 on: December 11, 2009 - 10:46:26 AM »
You are making great progress considering the setbacks and the weather you are fighting. Keep after it my friend and before you know it, spring will arrive and you can drive that jewel again....    :burnout:     :cheers:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #370 on: December 11, 2009 - 07:09:45 PM »
The sad thing is that his spring only lasts three days & there is no guarantee those three days will be warmer.  :screwy:

Hang in there Neil.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #371 on: December 17, 2009 - 12:21:09 AM »
latest pix
the intake is not bolted down , & the carbs have no gaskets so I have to go through the whole system

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #372 on: December 17, 2009 - 12:24:28 AM »
more

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #373 on: December 17, 2009 - 12:26:08 AM »
Damn Neil that thing is looking saweeeeeeeeeet! It is coming together extremely nice and extremely fast! Way to go   :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #374 on: December 17, 2009 - 12:35:08 AM »
I have been dragging lately only working 1 day a week maybe , it would have come together a lot faster if the engine was built sooner & the carbs were ready to go + I have a set of rocker that will not fit under the covers so I have had to order new rockers as well , everything slows the progress down