Author Topic: What was it worth to my Challenger?  (Read 1561 times)

Tower Rat 95B

What was it worth to my Challenger?
« on: November 09, 2008 - 04:54:08 AM »
  JS23VOB bought the car almost 30 years ago one of the first things I did was accidently found (in 1980) the broadcast sheet  and had minimal clue as to the importance of it and it was put in the house for safe keeping and have not seen it since,,,,,,,,, man am I kicking my self for that :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:..... 

Any opinions on how much the lack of a broadcast sheet effects the value of the car?

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: What was it worth to my Challenger?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008 - 06:49:14 AM »
R/T Challenger 440 6 pack car would be classed as a high end car on the market of value when talked about.  Just for this fact alone i would say that any top end car would have its value increased with all original documentation and the build sheet is part of it.
If the car is at a near perfect example, a build sheet would be missed, but i could not put a dollar value on what difference the build sheet would make to your car, as i think each car would come down to its own demerits with what options, color, and how desirable it is as a combo.
Hard luck case on your behalf, but the bright side is you still have the car :2thumbs:

This is just my opinion of course :cheers:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008 - 06:59:45 AM »
I did the same thing about 7 years ago.  :banghead:

Ive been flipping through my Large Books to no avail...  :bricks1:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008 - 06:38:47 PM »
...of all the cars I have owned thru the years, most had their B-Cast sheets....but some didn't...a good legit car is worth the same with or without the paperwork in my opinion...the more doccumentation, the better, but not all cars even had one placed inside them during the build process, or may have had the wrong ones, very common with winged cars

Offline 2TAGS

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008 - 02:03:18 PM »
Many cars have more than one broadcast sheet in them.  Have you checked all the typical locations?  Maybe you will get lucky and find a second one.   :thumbsup:

To me it would affect the value of the car.  But it matters if the buyer is buying their dream car, or an investor or a collector. 

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...you got one awesome car there!   :burnout:
1971 'Cuda 340

Tower Rat 95B

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008 - 05:05:19 PM »
 Ok Thanks guys , I was bumming when I posted the inquiry,,,,,but now I am better thanks to you all I relize that it was just a piece of paper maybe not even the right one, and their may even be another one hiding in the car, and I am not the only one to be so gosh darn absent minded,,,,,, all is OK no problem the car is still mine just cause I had the freaking paper in my own two hands and carelessly misplaced a very importin documant is not a reason to get upset,,,,,,,, everything is OK I'll just keep saying that everything is OK  breath in breath out, ah now thats better........... :stomp: :swear: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008 - 05:09:02 PM by Tower Rat 95B »

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008 - 07:13:57 AM »
Serenity Now, Serenity Now........  :lol2:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100