Author Topic: 73 blk/blk cuda project  (Read 9896 times)

Offline black73cuda

73 blk/blk cuda project
« on: November 11, 2008 - 10:08:16 AM »
Hi i picked up this 73 cuda last weekend and i plan to fix it up. Here is a list of what's already been done to the car prior to me getting it, it's had the rear half quarters replaced and had the rear roll pan and side markers weilded and flushed to the body. He had the doors, trunk and hood pulled off and had everything jamed in with bc/cc paint. He also sand blasted the hood hinges, scoops and the back side of the hood. The body of the car has been sanded down to metal, new seam sealer and has had a total of 3 gallons of high dollar epoxy primer sprayed and sanded over the course of getting it to a ripple free. He said the worked with 6 inch blocks and long boards over the course of several months...  Now on to the pics!!

Here is what i have to work with...

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010 - 12:37:35 AM by black73cuda »

Offline black73cuda

Re: 73 blk/blk cuda project (two scoops)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008 - 10:11:29 AM »

Offline black73cuda

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008 - 10:20:52 AM »
Over the weekend i pulled the dash and ran a new fuse block wireing harness through the dash and ran new wires to the taillights.
I also cleaned and regreased the rear window regulators.

The rear seats are original, there was a factory build sheet stuck in the springs of the top section of the seat.

Redone the trunk as well.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008 - 10:21:09 AM by black73cuda »

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008 - 10:55:19 AM »
Looks like quit a project. Keep us posted and I bet it'll be on the road in no time. Best of all HAVE FUN while your doing it. When I do projects I try to keep then fun and it's relaxing even with hard sanding. The minute it's not it turns to work and then I get frustrated and takes all the fun out of it.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline black73cuda

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009 - 12:05:26 AM »
cleaned up the engine bay a little

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009 - 12:15:21 AM »
Looks like a fun project!!!!  Would not mind to find one about like that to do for another one for me also.   Have fun and keep us posted on the progress.  I just can not wait to get started on my project also!!!!!
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009 - 10:53:06 AM »
Hey there, Looks great!!      :2thumbs:      Gonna' be sweeeeeeet!!   :bigsmile:    :working:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009 - 11:07:07 AM »
WOW that does look like a sweet project and a great starting point for a cool ride!  Looks like you're doing a great job too!  :wave:

Offline black73cuda

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009 - 10:47:39 AM »
Hey guy's i know it's bee awhile since i last posted but wanted to update on the progress.

Here is a video clip of the car running

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: 73 blk/blk cuda project
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009 - 02:32:45 PM »
the engine bay cleaned up real nice  :bigshades:    keep up the good work  :2thumbs:
*** Bart ***

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009 - 11:05:18 PM »
that is a nice project i like the look of the welded rear valance.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline black73cuda

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010 - 12:13:10 AM »
Little update. I decided to work on my car again after failing to get it sold. Any ways here are a few pics of what i have accomplished over the last few weeks.

I tore the front suspention out and rebuilt it with new bushings and sand blasted and painted all the parts. I also stripped redone the floors, and rebuilt my rally guages and installed a new quartz clock.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010 - 12:25:40 AM by black73cuda »

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010 - 12:19:53 PM »
Looking good! :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010 - 01:26:55 PM »
Excellent work on getting your car in shape, I have seen it on E-bay and am glad you didn't sell it.  :2thumbs:
One thing bugs me though, and that is the rear valence. With it being welded, you or any other owner will have a heck of a time getting to the gas tank. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt it need to be removed to even get to the bolts?? :dunno: I seem to recall that the last time I pulled the Challenger tank, it was necessarry to yank it.
I will need to do the tank in the Cuda as it is leaking at the seam and I am assuming the same process I used on the Challenger will apply to the Cuda

Offline black73cuda

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010 - 02:09:11 PM »
Excellent work on getting your car in shape, I have seen it on E-bay and am glad you didn't sell it.  :2thumbs:
One thing bugs me though, and that is the rear valence. With it being welded, you or any other owner will have a heck of a time getting to the gas tank. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt it need to be removed to even get to the bolts?? :dunno: I seem to recall that the last time I pulled the Challenger tank, it was necessarry to yank it.
I will need to do the tank in the Cuda as it is leaking at the seam and I am assuming the same process I used on the Challenger will apply to the Cuda

Thanks for the comment.. I am not sure about the tank removal. I have think i might have a bad sending unit and it will have to be removed. I plan on doing the rebuild on the rear as soon as i finish up the front. I will look to see how to remove this tonight, if the bolts are located at the back i might beable to get to them through the exhaust cut outs?