Author Topic: article.....MOPAR MUSCLE, "Funny Find"  (Read 655 times)

Offline DAYTONA

article.....MOPAR MUSCLE, "Funny Find"
« on: November 14, 2008 - 12:26:11 AM »
...the article is about a guy finding a funny car body to match a chassis he has, and they believe it is the old "Candies & Hughs" national champion car/body

...now, the rest of the story....I once owned the body and it sat in my back yard for about 5-6 years, then I moved it across town to a friends field...it sat there for another 5 or so years....finally, I sold it to a friend of mine that collects AFX cars and other racing legends.....last time I saw the old Cuda flipper, it was leaving town on a trailer...now, it turns out, it was once famous....I bought it from a guy in Indy that didn't know what it was, I didn't know what it was either...I was going to build a chassis to fit it, drop in a 440 6 PACK, and paint it like a "Panther Pink AAR"....figured it would be lotsa fun on the street to drive an old funny car....before the project got very far along, my buddy died and I lost interest in the project...I immediately recognized the lettering on the old body in the magazine article....my son recognized the body too, and remembered the parachute pack on the rear doubled as the "strike zone" during neighborhood baseball games....the kids climbed in and out of it, sat on it etc etc...it wasn't considered much of a prize then, but who knew it once was a contender, and a champion,

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: article.....MOPAR MUSCLE, "Funny Find"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008 - 07:39:14 AM »
I read that artical last night also. If only you would have known.    :wow:   Well at least you were part of it's past in some way.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008 - 11:39:27 AM »
Just read it too!! Crazy!  :chatting:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008 - 11:53:12 AM »
Great story......    :2thumbs:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008 - 01:07:24 AM »
Man, my life is BORING compared to yours DAYTONA.  That's two great stories in one day.  How can I keep up with that  :worshippy
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT