Author Topic: 71 cuda build - sema project  (Read 19136 times)

Offline Bruning Auto Design

Re: 71 cuda build - sema project
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2008 - 12:46:45 AM »
ok, there arent really a whole lot of options with where to put the filter anyway, im just not very up on mechanical stuff!  Thanks tho.  Do you have any sources for oil pans?  the motor has a milodon on it now,,,its a piece of junk, one of the welds is leaking on it, and it's way too deep anyway.     As far as the 22's, I agree, they are too big for cudas.."sick fish"  the 70 cuda troy built had 19 and 22's...this body style doesnt need a 22 i dont think.  And i agree, that camaro interior is very well done, i forget the name of the guy that did it.  i know there are some people that aren't a fan of it, but if you take some time to look at it and start to really dig into the details and everything, it's very nice. 

We had a 3/8" aluminum flange designed and cut and built our own.

www.billetfab.com - one of many options for original hemi's.

edit- Alloway's Challenger also had 22's and 19's (not 20's like PHR's feature published). Beautiful car, and the wheel choice would be the only thing I would change.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008 - 12:50:15 AM by Bruning Auto Design »

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2008 - 12:54:29 AM »
the proportions of 22s on Joe's Cuda look good to me,I'd just like to see them sit closer to  the quarter with less overhang and a bigger lip, I just hope my little 6 banger be able to roll on them

I was talking about the stitch work,look like someone was drunk or blind, I'm trying to find someone who can do flawless stitching like you'd see on Lambos, Ferrari,Aston,we have few cars that are waiting for interior work, just can't seem to find the right person,

Stefan
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline tyler

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2008 - 01:00:32 AM »
jim griffin    how deep is your wallet?

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2008 - 01:04:49 AM »
jim griffin    how deep is your wallet?

beat me to it... He's about 3 hours away from me and will be doing the interior on a olds convertible in the shop.  Beautiful work for beautiful budgets...

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2008 - 01:07:38 AM »
the proportions of 22s on Joe's Cuda look good to me,I'd just like to see them sit closer to  the quarter with less overhang and a bigger lip, I just hope my little 6 banger be able to roll on them

Another drawback to the larger 22 is the added height...  Wheel house clearance becomes an issue.

Offline tyler

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2008 - 01:09:05 AM »
haha, more than double what tracy is.  He is extremely talented though.  Where's your shop?  How far are you from idaho?  

Offline tyler

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2008 - 01:10:16 AM »
yes, good point.  notice how huge the wheel tubs are in the cuda im doing.  that big gives me about 4.5" above the tires for clearance with 20's

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2008 - 01:40:14 AM »
haha, more than double what tracy is.  He is extremely talented though.  Where's your shop?  How far are you from idaho?  

Idaho is about 7 hours east of Portland/Vancouver.  Jim Griffin lives in Central Oregon (bend)

Offline js23nob

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2008 - 07:16:03 AM »
the king kong cuda is being built in Aus :aussie:
if you notice the right hand dash.
I saw this car in person it is a peice of art, with air bags and a 528 Hemi
Mopar or no car

Offline tyler

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2008 - 03:26:28 AM »
just a little update! 

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2008 - 07:02:12 AM »
Hey Tyler, is in't it amzaing the amount of work that goes into an area that hardly anyone will see buddy. :2thumbs: great work, keep posting please. :woo:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2008 - 11:16:56 PM »
 :eek2: Just incredible, your an artist. I have done all my own work on " Twisted Fish " Enough to appreciate just how much work is really there and realize how much more I have to learn! 
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2009 - 07:09:09 AM »
Any updates?

Offline tyler

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2009 - 08:34:55 PM »
sorry no updates lately!  i havent been able to work on the car, i've been helping with the body work on the 56 chrysler that rad rides by troy is building.  Back to work thursday though!  Hopefully soon I'll be able to get somewhere on the cuda.

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2009 - 12:59:20 AM »
sorry no updates lately!  i havent been able to work on the car, i've been helping with the body work on the 56 chrysler that rad rides by troy is building.  Back to work thursday though!  Hopefully soon I'll be able to get somewhere on the cuda.

tell the truth,what you've been doing? :bigsmile: I just looked at updated pics of that car, bodywork was done long ago ,the car is apinted ,and most of it looks like it's already been sanded and polished
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!