I HATE CARS!!!!!!!!

Author Topic: I HATE CARS!!!!!!!!  (Read 2457 times)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
I HATE CARS!!!!!!!!
« on: November 15, 2008 - 09:25:52 PM »
ARGH!!

I go out this morning and buy a steering wheel puller because I have to replace the clock spring in my wife's Focus - turn signals don't auto cancel.

I get to work on the car, had to make five trips to my basement to get different tools (probably walked 2 miles today just doing this) and then find out it doesn't even need a wheel puller.  Oh well - no big deal.  Get it done, works great.

We get back in her car this afternoon to go Thanksgiving Dinner grocery shopping...  Won't start.  I finally get it started, and it's misfiring like a SONUVAB!TCH...  Smoke is coming out of the exhaust, and a smell I've never smelled before.  I'm thinking a plugged CAT...  I started the car when I finished my repairs, and it fired right up.  Now something's wrong.

I think this is a sign that I bought my Viper at the WRONG TIME...  I've had SO MANY car troubles since I bought that car.  Oh, and the check engine light in my Stratus came (back) on tonight...

:villagers: :bricks1: :swear: :stomp: :banghead: :pullinghair:

I hate cars...  Anyone know anyone selling a horse?

:horse:

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: I HATE CARS!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008 - 11:08:02 PM »
Sorry to hear about your issues!  I think everybody has them and they usually come in spurts. 

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008 - 12:43:04 AM »
sounds to me like your other 4 wheeled children are jelous of the viper.spend some money on them and they'll get over it.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008 - 02:03:54 AM »
Yup Jealous for sure ,
could be a leaking injector or something , what color smoke ?

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008 - 06:50:40 AM »
Yup,they come in bunches as my `97 ram won`t start now that I have people interested in buying it even though it started fine 2 weeks ago.Then Friday on my way home from work my 04 Ram starts bucking and stalling and the engine light is on.Pulle two codes from it yesterday ramdom/mulitple misfire and #7 misfire so my buds coming over today tp try and diagnos it so I can make it to work Monday.Oh ya,I`ve also been sick for a week and a half with a cold and sore throat!  :pullinghair:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 1ownr

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008 - 08:11:57 AM »
Oh... do I have some 'Saab' stories to tell, but that would take up way too much space.    :'(

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008 - 08:14:53 AM »
Leme tike a WILD GUESS.....Now that you worked in the car Wifie is saying "UH HU" what did YOU screw up?"   :eek7:  .......What kind of NEW car does she want??!?!?   :lol:

Heye every time I do anything to my wifes ride I hod my breath for at least a month.  :P
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Swedefish66/67

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008 - 10:45:40 AM »

Heye every time I do anything to my wifes ride I hod my breath for at least a month.  :P

:iagree: Same for me, however don´t know if it´s because of her driving or my wrenching. :eek7:

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008 - 11:04:59 AM »
Tell me about it.

6 weeks ago my daily driver Honda broke the timing belt, which crashed the valves. Local shop wanted $1500-2000 to fix it. Sheesh, that's all the car is worth. Maybe I'll fix it myself.

Start driving my truck for a couple of weeks, but with gas at $4, its 10 mpg in town is no fun and it is so freakin huge that parking it is an exercise in multi-point turning.

So I figured I'd dust off the old 74 Custom wagon and drive it since it gets better mileage around town than my truck. After a few weeks the gas gauge dies, the blower switch quits, and the starter relay is intermittent. Guess its back to the truck.

Finally, it looks like after 6 weeks of tinkering with cars to keep everything running, I may finally get the Honda back on the road. I found all the parts to repair it on Rock Auto for $150. Two weekends of work and it is finally going back together.

However, through this all I've decided I'm going to sell off all my old cars except the Challenger. Then I'll take the cash and buy something later model. Only question now is will it be a truck or a car.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008 - 12:05:35 PM »
Probably something as simples as plugs or wires.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008 - 05:44:25 PM »
I FIXED IT...  Stupid Ford...

Plugs, Wires, Coil.  3rd coil was pretty fouled - wet with gas.  Gaps were pretty severe on all the plugs.  Coil was probably find but for 80 bucks, why not, ya know?

She's running fine.  Only took $130 bucks.  Huge sigh of relief there.

I still hate cars...  :)

Jeff

2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline inot2old

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008 - 06:18:51 PM »
Ok, Jeff, I will trade you the Viper & Cuda for 2 horses.  lol
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008 - 07:12:14 PM »
I FIXED IT...  Stupid Ford...

Plugs, Wires, Coil.  3rd coil was pretty fouled - wet with gas.  Gaps were pretty severe on all the plugs.  Coil was probably find but for 80 bucks, why not, ya know?

She's running fine.  Only took $130 bucks.  Huge sigh of relief there.

I still hate cars...  :)

Jeff

That's why I said plugs or wires. You just had it running so it couldn't have been anything major, and I bet you had the key cycled a few times and it made it over rich for some of the plugs in poor condition to be able to clean itself out easily.

Hope the wife is happy with you now!
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008 - 07:27:27 PM »
6 weeks ago my daily driver Honda broke the timing belt, which crashed the valves. Local shop wanted $1500-2000 to fix it. Sheesh, that's all the car is worth. Maybe I'll fix it myself.

I saw a lot of this when I worked at the Honda dealer. For some reason I thought they had moved away from interference motors, but I guess I was wrong. I do know that with the latest generation they went back to timing chains.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008 - 07:11:15 AM »
They may have, but since my Honda is an '86, it is fairly old for a driver. However, with no rust, efi powered 35 mpg, and all the accessories working, it is still a decent car.