Spring Fling dates: April 25 & 26, 2009 Van Nuys CA - info, annoucements...!!

Author Topic: Spring Fling dates: April 25 & 26, 2009 Van Nuys CA - info, annoucements...!!  (Read 15783 times)

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Just getting the word out that we have the dates for Spring Fling XXIII April 25th & 26, 2009 Held at Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

2008 show: 500+ cars, 250+ swap, 40+ midways, 9,000+ FREE admission spectators, held in a beautiful tree lined and shaded park.

Less that 20 miles from LAX airport, Burbank Airport, Universal Studios, NBC studios, Magic Mountain, the Pacific Ocean, Beverly Hills, Hollywood...

New for 2009: Show cars that drive in without trailer will enter and exit the show field starting at 7:00am directly from a new north gate and entry. No dusty entry road. Show cars on trailers will enter the show starting at 7:00 along with the swap meeters. This is a response to some suggestions you all made on the survey forms you filled out.

SPRING FLING XXIII
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

(subject to change and additions)

THURSDAY

Spring Fling Speed Festival
  • 3rd annual Mopar track event at Buttonwillow Raceway, Buttonwillow, CA
  • 8am to 5pm of on track race time. Info, pictures, shceduled cars click here or call Tim Herren at (310) 538-8098
  • Guest of Honor: Bob Tarrozzi. Engineer/Designer: Dan Gurney '70 AAR Team, 68 Hemi Super Stocks, NASCAR, AMX Super Stocks, '66 Trans Am Team, KB block...
  • 40+ Mopars on the track last year
  • Bring you new Mopar or bring your old Mopar
  • Blueberry Pancake breakfast
  • Drivers mtg 7am (instructors present run groups sorted by experiance)
  • Free cruise laps 12pm for all spectators.
  • Awards Pres. 5pm
  • Dinner 6:00 pm   
  • Watch Spring Fling Speed Festival Video

FRIDAY

Coastal Caravan Cruise
  • Seaside, CA to Airtel 10 am
  • travel the coast scenic Hwy 1 with a train of awesome Mopars
  • Lunch at famous Madonna Inn
  • Watch 2008 Coastal Caravan Video
Malibu Driving Cruise:
  • Woodley Park to Malibu 9:30am
  • Stop at famous Rock Store biker hangout
  • Lunch overlooking beach

Mandatory Professional Manufactures ONLY Midway Setup (midway info: pwall5@aol.com )

SATURDAY

Spring Fling XXIII
  • World famous parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine NEW 7am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate) 
  • Manufactures Midway
  • Mopar Cruise-In Saturday 4-10
  • At California Car Cover
  • Located 9525 DeSoto Avenue Chatsworth, CA
  • At Plummer Street on the Northwest corner -Click here for map
  • California Car Cover will will provide a FREE DINNER to each musclecar at the Cruise-In.
SUNDAY

Spring Fling XXIII
  • Parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine plus Judging NEW 7am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
  • Manufactures Midway
  • Trophy Presentation 2pm
  • Watch Sunday Spring Fling Video

Parts!?!

A section of the Manufactures Midway Area

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009 - 03:58:36 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
Special 30th Anniversary Event!
600+ Mopars, 300+ swappers,  50+ manf. midways.
Thrus: Mopar Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway
Fri: Caravan & Cruise
Sat: Mopar Cruise-In

Offline thenuke1

hell yeah !!! FOR SURE SHOW AND SHINE FOR ME !!!! :woohoo:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008 - 03:47:49 AM by thenuke1 »
(OO{+++++++}I{+++DODGE}OO)
     o                               o 
71 Challenger

If its got BOOBS or an ENGINE, your gonna have problems.

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
hell yeah !!! FOR SURE SHOW AND SHINE FOR ME !!!! :woohoo:

Make sure to wake up earlier this time  ;D :nono: Just kidding.

BTW it does not cost any more to show you car a second day on Sunday. And you get good parking Sunday. If you don't want it judged, just write no judging on the dash placard.

thenuke1, the Friday Cruise to Malibu starts at 9:30am at Woodley Park. I know that close if it interests you..
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline thenuke1

Make sure to wake up earlier this time  ;D :nono: Just kidding.

BTW it does not cost any more to show you car a second day on Sunday. And you get good parking Sunday. If you don't want it judged, just write no judging on the dash placard.

thenuke1, the Friday Cruise to Malibu starts at 9:30am at Woodley Park. I know that close if it interests you..

yeah i had a few questions on the cruise

are there gas breaks ???  or should i fill up before the cruise???

how long until the cruise heads back to the valley ?? or is it "leave when you want" ?

about the show and shine ... so its 25 bucks to show it on saturday and sunday ????

and just to get things clear is the Swap just one day or 2 ?
71 Challenger

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
yeah i had a few questions on the cruise

are there gas breaks ???  or should i fill up before the cruise???

Fill up before please. They just are going out to Malibu from Woodley Park. Should be something between 40-60 mile each way. There are some gas stations near Dukes Resturant where they are having lunch around 1pm. One full tank should do it. I thought your car was completed recently. Have you shaken it down and driven it on a 40-50 distance yet?

how long until the cruise heads back to the valley ?? or is it "leave when you want" ?

You can leave any time you want, but you MUST communicate that to the others in the cruise. Or they will think you broke down or had some trouble.

about the show and shine ... so its 25 bucks to show it on saturday and sunday ????

Both days or either day is $30 pre registration. Car show participants get a goodie bag, dash plaque, special Spring Fling gift.

and just to get things clear is the Swap just one day or 2 ?

Swap, manufactures midway and show is both days. But the used part swapper numbers go down a lot the second day just like any multi day swap meet. Best is to get there 7am to 8am on Saturday. The early bird gets the worm. The manufactures midway will all be there both days. There may be swappers that show up on Sunday only. I thought you lived like 5 minute drive from the show?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008 - 03:32:41 PM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline thenuke1

the car has been recently completed about 90 - 95 % completed ... put it this way its legally drive-able lol i havent driven it that far though but im sure there shouldnt be any problem... when my dad first took it out he drove it on the freeway and tore the freeway up lol im sure there wont be any problems ... ive been driving it every weekends since august

about leaving i ment like once you get to the malibu spot do we all head back together or leave whenever but i think i get it now

and yes i live about 5 min away from woodley ...

all in all i might not be able to go on the cruise due to work i could either request that weekend off or friday and saturday .... i might want to get the weekend off becuase my dad works monday through saturday and he wasnt able to go to the fall fling this year so i wanna make sure he sees atleast to show and shine on sunday ....
71 Challenger

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
the car has been recently completed about 90 - 95 % completed ... put it this way its legally drive-able lol i havent driven it that far though but im sure there shouldnt be any problem... when my dad first took it out he drove it on the freeway and tore the freeway up lol im sure there wont be any problems ... ive been driving it every weekends since august

about leaving i ment like once you get to the malibu spot do we all head back together or leave whenever but i think i get it now....

They drive there together but they don't come back together. Leave whenever. Split up after lunch. 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008 - 10:12:08 PM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline 72bluNblu

Sweet! :2thumbs:

Now to get the challenger ready to drive to SoCal...might take most of the winter! ::)

Offline Ponch ®

Here be a couple of pics from the pre-Fall Fling Friday Malibu cruise last month:

Stopping at the Rock Store

Driving up Mullholland:

It's all downhill from there!

"I spend most of my money on cars, women and booze. The rest I squander"

-1974 Dodge Charger
-2008 Dodge Charger R/T
-2001 Razor Scooter

Offline boydsdodge

• Top end's unlimited....Aaaauuuuugghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Boydsdodge
How do we decide who's up front? :burnout: There are few good spots to pass but if your driving like a tosurist and your up front... :cheers:
Jackson from Toronto.

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

**Saturday Group Parking for Pre-Registered Clubs/Webgroups**

For Spring Fling XIII 2009 on SATURDAY this year we are offering to park clubs show vehicles together in reserved areas IF we get 10 or more CAR SHOW entry pre registrations for that club/group.

This is a great oppurtunity for Cuda-Challenger.com members to meet and greet each other in person!!

Those clubs/goups need to contact me ASAP at pwall5@aol.com or at least a month ahead so we can collect the pre registered names of the cars being parked together. There will a some limit of reserved club space available so starting getting you lists together now.

Sunday we will still be parked by models, body styles, and classes.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009 - 11:25:21 PM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Spring Fling Saturday night Cruise In on April 25, 2009 will be hosted at and by California Car Cover. The ownership and management (Jim DeFrank and family of NHRA Super Stock fame) have graciously offered a free dinner for each musclecar in that drives in. We are finalizing the exact times. But I imagine 5pm-9pm roughly. The California Car Cover showroom will be open during the Saturday night Cruise In.

NEW SATURDAY CRUISE-IN

Mopar Cruise-In Saturday evening

• At California Car Cover 
  • Located 9525 DeSoto Avenue Chatsworth, CA. At Plummer Street on the Northwest corner-
  • Click here for MAP
  • Room for over 250 cars in lighted secured area around the huge California Car Cover facility.
  • California Car Cover will will provide A FREE DINNER to each musclecar at the Cruise-In.

Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Re: Spring Fling dates: April 25 & 26, 2009 Van Nuys CA -mark your calenders!!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009 - 01:52:57 PM »
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Spring Fling Speed Festival will be at Buttonwillow Raceway this year (not Willow Springs) Passengers will be allowed this year.

Our Special Guest of Honor will be famed Chrysler Race Engineer Bob Tarozzi. Bob was Team Manager and Engineer on the 1970 Trans Am AAR Barracuda team. His iconic career also includes Engineering Development for: 68 Hemi Super Stocks, 60's Chrysler NASCAR effort, AMX Super Stocks, AMC Javelin NASCAR Baby Grand, '66 Trans Am Team, Keith Black aluminum KB block...etc, etc.. Bob is very congenial,  approachable, and has a great memory of his historic projects

THURSDAY

Spring Fling Speed Festival
  • 3rd annual Mopar track event at Buttonwillow Raceway, Buttonwillow, CA  MAP
  • Guest of Honor: Bob Tarrozzi. Engineer/Designer: Dan Gurney '70 AAR Team, 68 Hemi Super Stocks, NASCAR, AMX Super Stocks, '66 Trans Am Team, KB block...
  • 40+ Mopars on the track last year
  • Bring you new Mopar or bring your old Mopar
  • Blueberry Pancake breakfast
  • Drivers mtg 7am (instructors present run groups sorted by experience)
  • Free cruise laps 12pm for all spectators
  • Awards Pres. 5pm
  • Dinner 6:00 pm
  • Speed Festival Video

Bob Torozzi giving a little driving instruction and some history:

Pits are open for spectators to check out the cars.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009 - 01:59:22 PM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline thenuke1

if i register my car (which i am about 90% sure i am unless we need to take our truck to haul something out) am i able to take a grill to cook stuff up for myself and anyone else that goes with me ? im not talking about selling anything just for me and whoever i go with.
71 Challenger

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
if i register my car (which i am about 90% sure i am unless we need to take our truck to haul something out) am i able to take a grill to cook stuff up for myself and anyone else that goes with me ? im not talking about selling anything just for me and whoever i go with.

You can bring a small grill. But we do not make any extra space for that. Please don't smoke out your neighbors though. Please consider the others around you. There are even grilles out in the show field and about a 1/2 dozen or so in the picnic table area.

All cars and swap meeter must remain parked between 10am and 1pm. So you cannot come into the park and pick up parts. BUT the show is very compact for the amount a swappers in it. So you can just walk over your parts to the parking lot and cell phone someone with your truck to pick them up.

YOU CAN NOT just park your truck unattended and walk in and pick up parts. Illegally unattended vehicles will be ticketed and towed by the Parks Dept.

Better solution, bring a wagon or a two wheeled dolly.

If you are showing a car there is a better solution.... Just walk you parts over to your Challenger. Then when the traffic all dies down after 1pm load them in your truck. No hassle.

Looking to buy a motor or a front clip or something??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009 - 12:58:19 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016