Author Topic: Spring Fling dates: April 25 & 26, 2009 Van Nuys CA - info, annoucements...!!  (Read 15772 times)

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
MAn ! Im drolling at the Pic's ! anyway's looking to find a 70 cuda or barracuda for cheap, and cheap with barracuda/cuda are usually not in the same sentence. :walkaway: Thanks for the info  :2thumbs:

Your best chances at any event west of the Mississippi. Largest swap west of the Mississippi by far.

I can't guarentee you'll see a project 70 Cuda/Barracuda of course. But it's just your best chance the side of North America. I actually think that only Mopar Nationals and Carlisle have bigger swap fields. I'd have to talk to a few people that go to all of them and get their opinion.

Guy named Sandy always comes from Nova Scotia  :o He works for the airlines so he goes to any Mopar Show he wants for practically nothing.

Here's what Sandy said over on the Moparts Spring Fling thread,

"Shipping to Canada is a hassle as with anything that crossed an international border. Fed ex and ups both charger high brokerage fees. You would most likely be better off to mail something small.

AC Cargo is another option for large purchases. you can do your own import and skip a broker.It would be best to price it up before dropping it off.

It also helps that I work for the parent company and get a discount etc. I can also ship Fed ex at a huge discount as well.

I feel the spring/fall fling swap meet is one of the best features of the event!  You have to be there early to getb the best deals or wait till near the end of the show.

I've bought dozens of valve covers/intakes/carbs/shifters/headers etc. i doubt there are any better deals out than at the fling "

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 - 02:31:31 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
Special 30th Anniversary Event!
600+ Mopars, 300+ swappers,  50+ manf. midways.
Thrus: Mopar Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway
Fri: Caravan & Cruise
Sat: Mopar Cruise-In

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
Thank's for all the info, was just curious as to if they sold project's there. Will take a few month til I can gather enough, to get me a cuda' / barracuda :walkaway:
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Thank's for all the info, was just curious as to if they sold project's there. Will take a few month til I can gather enough, to get me a cuda' / barracuda :walkaway:

There's always Fall Fling on Saturday October 17, 2009. One day show and swap. about 175 swapper compared to 250 for the Spring show. There's projects there as well. The green 71 Challenger and the primered 70 383 Cuda are pictures from Fall Fling 2007
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
Will be looking forward to that one then :woohoo: Thank's :worshippy

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Will be looking forward to that one then :woohoo: Thank's :worshippy

Are you local to So Cal? or the South WestWest??
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
This map lays out the spectator parking areas. The south parking lot next to the swap area will not open until 8:00 to 8:30am. Parking along the east side (show side) of Woodley will open before 10am. After the car field line is off the street (roughly 9:00 am).

Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
NEW SPRING FLING ENTRY AND EXIT GATE

Here's a show layout map that illustrates the separation of the driven show car gate and the swap/trailered show car gate.

Driven show cars only will enter AND exit in the north gate starting around 7:00 am. There is no long dirt/dusty road through this entry/exit gate.

Swap meeters AND show cars with trailers will enter AND exit in the south (traditional) gate.

We trial ran this at Fall Fling last year and it went great. People loved it! Lines on Woodley were reduced drastically.

No inter-mixing of swappers and driven show cars in line. No swappers having to drive around show cars and show car trailers in line anymore. Greatly reduced idle time for driven show cars.

That map corresponds to this picture

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009 - 07:59:53 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Looks like there is a change of plans with the transport of my car. Instead of the guy making an unscheduled stop in phoenix, he's taking it all the way to the Spring Fling show, and we'll pick it up there. And get to check out the show/swaps.

If you see a 21 year old grinnin by his yellow Barracuda. Say hi!  :bigsmile:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline thenuke1

I also have a change of plans ...

unfortunately i wont be able to register my car for the show and shine ... im schedualed to go into work on saturday and im waiting to see if i work sunday. So ill only MAYBE be able to be a spectator and check out the swapmeet on one day for about an hour... my dad gets off from work @ 3pm Saturday so he can't even go with the Chally himself... sucks cuz i had a poster time lining the entire restoration ready ... fall fling will be my challengers first show in shine.

hope to see you guys in the short time that im at spring fling !
(OO{+++++++}I{+++DODGE}OO)
     o                               o 
71 Challenger

If its got BOOBS or an ENGINE, your gonna have problems.

Offline Relic

Ill be there bright and early Saturday!
 :bananasmi
Unfortunately I wont be driving any of my projects to it...again. *sigh*
Ill be a monkeys uncle if (at the very least) the RT/SE doesn't make it to the fall fling though.
Putting new tires it this weekend...then its really just the brakes that need to be double checked and triple tested.
Finn from dodgecharger.com

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
Are you local to So Cal? or the South WestWest??

Live 5Mils from the Area   :bigsmile: Going Sunday

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
Live 5Mils from the Area   :bigsmile: Going Sunday

Only 5 miles away. I'd show up on Saturday morning when the swap meet is strongest. I know you're not buying a project right now, but you should still be shopping to get a feel for the market. You'd be surpised at the cars that don't sell might still be around 6 months from now (but with lower prices). Take notes and do your homework. It will pay off in the end.
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
True  :jumping: I think I'll do that  :2thumbs:

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
True  :jumping: I think I'll do that  :2thumbs:

Try to get there at 7am. at least by 8am. You could cruise the swap for used cars and be done in less than 2 hours easy. We park everyone tight and very organized in rows. Makes it very very fast to look through the swap compared to most other shows. Plus it's all on grass and saves you from aching feet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009 - 02:58:00 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
All sounds great, sure am looking forward to it. Thanks for all the info you've posted  :2thumbs: