Author Topic: Spring Fling dates: April 25 & 26, 2009 Van Nuys CA - info, annoucements...!!  (Read 15769 times)

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
All sounds great, sure am looking forward to it. Thanks for all the info you've posted  :2thumbs:

Not just directed at you, but anyone going to a swap looking at cars to buy....

Don't forget to bring a digital camera. Take extensive pictures (few undercarriage w/flash, engine compartment w/flash, truck w/mat lifted, few interior pics) of all the remote possible project cars you would consider if you were ready to buy. Take pictures of the normal rust areas: behind the lower quarter, lower edges of f/r window glass, bottom of doors...  Also take a pic of the for sale sign with the phone number.

You might see something later after you blow up the pictures on your computer that you didn't notice when you saw it in person. You could even post the pictures of a for sale car on this website and ask opinions and observations.
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
Special 30th Anniversary Event!
600+ Mopars, 300+ swappers,  50+ manf. midways.
Thrus: Mopar Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway
Fri: Caravan & Cruise
Sat: Mopar Cruise-In

Offline boydsdodge

• Top end's unlimited....Aaaauuuuugghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Boydsdodge
You guys have got to let me know how the Buttonwillow run went, as soon as you can, I wasn't able to fly out this year due to some family stuff and I am itching to hear and see how it was.
I was really wanting to see the swap meet and show as well, love to see what cars were up for sale.
So if anyone is going with a camera feel free to snap lots of pics so myself and others stuck on this side of the continent can see what we missed.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009 - 06:29:38 PM by boydsdodge »
Jackson from Toronto.

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
Not just directed at you, but anyone going to a swap looking at cars to buy....

Don't forget to bring a digital camera. Take extensive pictures (few undercarriage w/flash, engine compartment w/flash, truck w/mat lifted, few interior pics) of all the remote possible project cars you would consider if you were ready to buy. Take pictures of the normal rust areas: behind the lower quarter, lower edges of f/r window glass, bottom of doors...  Also take a pic of the for sale sign with the phone number.

You might see something later after you blow up the pictures on your computer that you didn't notice when you saw it in person. You could even post the pictures of a for sale car on this website and ask opinions and observations.

Oh yes I know it's just not toward or for me just wanted to thank you for all the info you've posted for everyone. I'm sure it's been very helpful for others as much as it has for me. Will take lots of  :picture: for me and the forum  :2thumbs: 
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
I haven't read through all the posts, but is there a designated "meeting spot" for the Cuda-Challenger guys at the Fling? I'll be there bright and early on Saturday.  :cheers:

I'll wear my "Overhaulin'" shirt, should stick out decently  :bigsmile:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
You guys have got to let me know how the Buttonwillow run was as soon as you can, I wasn't able to fly out this year due to some family stuff and I am itching to here and see how it was.
I was really wanting to see the swap meet and show aswel, love to see what cars were up for sale.
So if anyone is going with a camera feel free to snap lots of pics so myself and others stuck on this side of the continent can see what we missed.
Thanks.

Just got back in from from SFSF09 at Bottonwillow.
Awesome! I think most older cars and biggest group we've had so far. This is catching on. I some some old time Spring Fling show attendees actually out there. They loved it.

68 Barracuda
71 Challenger
70 Challenger
70 AAR vintage racer clone
70 Charger
69 Daytona
69 Daytona
69 Daytona
76 Fury
67 Fury LeMons car
72 SCCA Hornet 401 CID
70 AMX
68 AMX
69 AMX
90 16V turbo Daytona
Like 10 new 09 Challengers !!

More, but I'm too tired to remember.
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
Special 30th Anniversary Event!
600+ Mopars, 300+ swappers,  50+ manf. midways.
Thrus: Mopar Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway
Fri: Caravan & Cruise
Sat: Mopar Cruise-In

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
I haven't read through all the posts, but is there a designated "meeting spot" for the Cuda-Challenger guys at the Fling? I'll be there bright and early on Saturday.  :cheers:

I'll wear my "Overhaulin'" shirt, should stick out decently  :bigsmile:

IS that your Overhaulin Challenger on your site ?

BTW it would be pretty cool if the forum had there own Tshirt with of course a `cuda and challenger   :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009 - 02:17:59 AM by MeanGreen`cudaMachine »

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
IS that your Overhaulin Challenger on your site ?

BTW it would be pretty cool if the forum had there own Tshirt with of course a `cuda and challenger   :2thumbs:

They built it for my Dad  :wave:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
Oh very cool, how does it sound, I mean most of the cars they restore are not that great sounding muscle cars maybe cause its threw the TV, or they just not great sounding  :bigsmile:

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Oh very cool, how does it sound, I mean most of the cars they restore are not that great sounding muscle cars maybe cause its threw the TV, or they just not great sounding  :bigsmile:

It sounds different for sure. It's the magnaflow mufflers and also the 525hp new Hemi that has a little different tune to it  :cheers:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline thenuke1

a few hours to go !
(OO{+++++++}I{+++DODGE}OO)
     o                               o 
71 Challenger

If its got BOOBS or an ENGINE, your gonna have problems.

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
4:02am and we're rounding stuff up to hit the road!

Here's today in a nutshell
 :sleeping: :jumping: :chatting: :burnout: :working: :bigsmile: :burnout: :jumping: :faint: :sleeping:

:lol:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline Relic

Saw your cuda there and it was leaving the parking lot just as I was!
Finn from dodgecharger.com

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
 :blah: I left at 11PM when did you get there Goody ?

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Saw your cuda there and it was leaving the parking lot just as I was!

What were you ridin in?  :wave:
:blah: I left at 11PM when did you get there Goody ?

We got there at 8am, left with the car right at 1pm. Here's where the car was all day.

my wife helped me wash it up after we drug it back home to Vegas. She's focusing hard.  :smilielol:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline Relic

Black 1500 ram quad cab, would have been across the bike trail to your right. :wave:
Finn from dodgecharger.com