Author Topic: how to find my friends car  (Read 1446 times)

Offline farmertan

how to find my friends car
« on: November 24, 2008 - 09:11:17 AM »
i was at my friends house sun night and started talking about my cuda when he says he bought a 74 cuda new and traded it in for atruck in 76 would love to find and buy that car what are the odds of finding it and how. he also showed me the origanal paper work for the car, window sticker,purchase agreement, some kind of chrysler card,and trade in info,could a cop just punch in the vin and find the owner? the origanal dealership is out of business i think, the vin is bh23-g4b-212100
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: how to find my friends car
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008 - 10:41:17 AM »
A cop could do that, but they're definitely not supposed to, and they could get in a lot of trouble for doing it. I'm not sure about other options.

I've been wanting to identify the dealership that sold my car for a long time. If you figure out a way to get this info please post it.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008 - 05:01:02 PM »
Alaskan TA might be able to help with this.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008 - 05:10:23 PM »
If you are lucky enough that the car is still in your State, maybe the DMV can help you? It might cost a few $$ though to do a search.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008 - 06:47:03 PM »
If you are lucky enough that the car is still in your State, maybe the DMV can help you? It might cost a few $$ though to do a search.

All of the DMVs with which I'm familiar will no longer give out any contact info, though, so he might be able to find out if it was still registered but that would be it.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars